⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
KlOpP’s ThE bEsT iN tHe WoRlD!
iT’s JuSt A rUn Of FoRm!

ole > pep > ancelotti-> tuchel > Klopp > anyone >>>>>>>>>>mou

We’ve been thru this.......Valverde is the best in the world 🔥

1614928547646.png

:emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire: :emoji_fire:
no matter what happens with koeman i will always be grateful for prioritizing la masia and the young players again
the work he's done with all the under 23's has been phenomenal. pedri , ansu, dembele, illaix, mingueza, puig, araujo, dest, and how he's opened up frenkie's game has been the best youth work since pep.

meanwhile "la fabrica" is still trash

Last edited:
Haven't paid much to standings but just realised Liverpool are quite adrift from the CL spots right now, if they don't get a decent run going soon they're gonna run out of games.

A quality side they are but definitely got the rub of the green last season in terms of injuries and players' form not dipping.

Haven't paid much to standings but just realised Liverpool are quite adrift from the CL spots right now, if they don't get a decent run going soon they're gonna run out of games.

A quality side they are but definitely got the rub of the green last season in terms of injuries and players' form not dipping.
and questionable calls tbf
what happens to salah if they have to play europa league?

it’s weird in sports how many times people think a potential dynasty is on the horizon but when champs don’t shake up their winning formula they slide. Just weird how a winning formula one season can lead to complacency the next when repeated.

I guess Liverpool’s attempt at a shake up was Thiago.

it’s weird in sports how many times people think a potential dynasty is on the horizon but when champs don’t shake up their winning formula they slide. Just weird how a winning formula one season can lead to complacency the next when repeated.

I guess Liverpool’s attempt at a shake up was Thiago.
Thiago as a scapegoat is lazy
Whole team is underperforming but it’s his fault?

They have zero CB’s.

Thiago as a scapegoat is lazy
Whole team is underperforming but it’s his fault?

They have zero CB’s.

This definitely wasn’t a scapegoat or pointing the finger at him. Was more just pointing out how on paper championship teams almost always seem extremely strong going into the next season, but there are many times they slide. Even when the core is kept together and they aren’t that old.

I actually give props to the people running things at Liverpool for understanding to not get complacent and acquiring Thiago. Since they understood that without new blood you could slide.

But it’s happened with both Real and Barca in recent seasons. Whenever one wins the other club is done and it’s supposed to be the beginning of an era of dominance, and then it just doesn’t work out that way.

Makes me respect when front offices understand all the variables and are actually able to successfully gamble on shaking up their winning formula correctly to maintain/improve their level. And also the managers who are able to keep getting a high level out of players.

Last edited:
This definitely wasn’t a scapegoat or pointing the finger at him. Was more just pointing out how on paper championship teams almost always seem extremely strong going into the next season, but there are many times they slide. Even when the core is kept together and they aren’t that old.

I actually give props to the people running things at Liverpool for understanding to not get complacent and acquiring Thiago. Since they understood that without new blood you could slide.

But it’s happened with both Real and Barca in recent seasons. Whenever one wins the other club is done and it’s supposed to be the beginning of an era of dominance, and then it just doesn’t work out that way.

Makes me respect when front offices understand all the variables and are actually able to successfully gamble on shaking up their winning formula correctly to maintain/improve their level. And also the managers who are able to keep getting a high level out of players.

This is why what RM did in winning 3 straight CL is crazy. We’ll never see that again. I never thought that was possible, especially in this day and age.

This is why what RM did in winning 3 straight CL is crazy. We’ll never see that again. I never thought that was possible, especially in this day and age.

I agree to an extent. I actually don’t think Madrid should be credited for maintaining a high level in that 4/5 run. They only won the league once during it, and after the double it should have been the beginning of a dominant era for them. But the following season they finished 17 points behind Barca.

I think the 3-peat highlights many exceptional qualities of that group. But consistency to me isn’t just bringing it against Europe’s elite. It’s also doing it on a wet rainy night at Deportivo la Caruña.

I agree to an extent. I actually don’t think Madrid should be credited for maintaining a high level in that 4/5 run. They only won the league once during it, and after the double it should have been the beginning of a dominant era for them. But the following season they finished 17 points behind Barca.

I think the 3-peat highlights many exceptional qualities of that group. But consistency to me isn’t just bringing it against Europe’s elite. It’s also doing it on a wet rainy night at Deportivo la Caruña.

Yea La Liga is nice, but let’s be serious here. To the rest of the world, it’s all about the Champions League.

I’d give up 10 league titles for a CL. So would City and PSG. :lol:

The CL is the greatest most prestigious tournament in all of sports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom