⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be interested in seeing how Carrick or the interm line up. I know people blame Mou basically for the Pogba beef/conflict. But i always thought given their roster and their injuries that they were basically performing how I would think.
Like their defenders are not very good
Lukaku is good in the air...but his touch can be erratic at times (see above).
I don't think Herrera is great
Mata is aging.
Lingard is inconsistant.
Rashford is inconsistant and he can be wasteful.
Sanchez is hurt.
Did Fred even get a chance?

So with the team you got...id say top 5 or 6 finish is about what i would think regardless of manager.

It had to be done but Ed should stay far away from the next managers contract negotiations because this whole giving huge payouts to crap managers for leaving a mess is embarrassing

He should be relegated strictly to the commercial parts of the job and leave the footy decisions to people who know what they're doing. I'm cool with being patient before hiring the new manager as long as he's not involved,he's got the stench of 3 failed regimes attached to him.

The much anticipated DOF hire is probably gonna guide the direction in which they'll look in terms of successors

I’m calling it right now...United will knock off PSG.

tenor.gif

If United really want to stick it to a rival, they should hire Pool’s Mike Edwards. He’s the best exec in the Prem right now.

Sorry Tommy & Trey....

United should get a DOF and call up Giggsy for the long term job.

Maybe further down the line if he does well with Wales but I'm good on that rn. Not really too big on the whole romanticism of having an ex player in charge at the moment,need to get the club restructured and in a better position first. A youthful but experienced manager who believes in attacking footy should be the priority at the moment

Can't see Poch leaving any time soon. If he was so deeply concerned about trophies he would've packed his bags by now. He's still a very well respected manager and if you look at where the club was before he took over, what he has accomplished has been immense regardless of the lack of trophies.
He seems to care more about building his own project. The one concern I have is that our activity, or rather lack thereof, in the transfer market this summer was definitely not what Poch had been pushing for in the months leading up to the transfer window. I'm not sure if Levy took that decision due to the stadium deal expenses or if he was simply being stingy with the money.
I could perhaps see Poch leaving next season depending on how his relationship with Levy proceeds. But certainly not now or any time soon. Not concerned about that whatsoever.

Can't see Poch leaving any time soon. If he was so deeply concerned about trophies he would've packed his bags by now. He's still a very well respected manager and if you look at where the club was before he took over, what he has accomplished has been immense regardless of the lack of trophies.
He seems to care more about building his own project. The one concern I have is that our activity, or rather lack thereof, in the transfer market this summer was definitely not what Poch had been pushing for in the months leading up to the transfer window. I'm not sure if Levy took that decision due to the stadium deal expenses or if he was simply being stingy with the money.
I could perhaps see Poch leaving next season depending on how his relationship with Levy proceeds. But certainly not now or any time soon. Not concerned about that whatsoever.
Hard to disagree with, especially with someone who follows spurs so closely. However, poch could look at the likelihood that both the Madrid and the United jobs being avaialable when he is ready to leave and decide now is the time. I want him at United, but I won’t let that cloud the fact he has a much better situation right now and a lot to walk away from. Levy is in a good position especially with that extension. When will the new stadium be open?

Maybe further down the line if he does well with Wales but I'm good on that rn. Not really too big on the whole romanticism of having an ex player in charge at the moment,need to get the club restructured and in a better position first. A youthful but experienced manager who believes in attacking footy should be the priority at the moment

I actually disagree. This is as time as ever to bring in that type of figure. United have talent, and Giggs knows that club in and out. He knows the culture, the history, the fans, the players, and the importance of making United great again.

With a competent DOF overseeing the funding and making the transfer decisions, I think Giggs would do great at United. Sure theres some romanticism to it, but this is the perfect opportunity to restore the spirit back to Man United. Giggs is the type of figure I think will bleed for that club if asked to do the job, and I don't think he would willingly do anything to poison the atmosphere of the club, and I can see him staying long term.

Hiring another name right now is just rinse wash and repeat for United. And Poch hasn't accomplished anything more than Giggs, so imo there's really no reason to favor him over Giggs. Zidane sounds like he's over it and would rather fall back for a while longer, Wenger damn sure ain't about to manage United, Blanc is a lil racist so I don't bang with him anymore, and Big Sam is a meme.

I honestly think that the biggest problem at United is the DOF vacancy and how there's no football minded figure in charge of football operations. Even more so than the manager, United needs someone to operate football related business. I really think that if United address that issue, then bringing in a long term manager project like Giggs would work out because he has all of the qualities to manage United. He just needs someone above him to handle business and allow him to manage the locker room. Giggs would play attacking football, he would demand the respect of the players from not only his history as a legend of the game but his involvement in making United the historic club that they are today, and he's young with many years ahead of him.

He's literally the Zidane of Manchester United. Sure it could not work out, but again, thats why the DOF is so much more important because if it doesn't United wouldn't have wasted time and money on a bunch of nonsense like they have over the last 5 years.

The players and the fans need someone they respect and love, to chant his name and to bring the club back together.

Yes, it was only China, but I when has Jose ever beat China?
tenor.gif

#GiggsIn #UnitedForGiggs #Giggs2019 #HideYaWags

But if not Giggs, then please no recycled washed managers. I'd stop watching United all together if they hire Sam Allardyce

Last edited:

Well said....

Time is relative but to me “next season” is soon. I don’t think anyone meant now.

Mou out is great for the club, not so great for neutrals

No way Zizou manages in this situation. Keep the foul stank of loser off him. Zizou is the type of manager you get when you’re knocking on the door and need to take that final step. Man U are still at home hitting the snooze buttton.

I thought they would have fired him after the Arsenal loss, I'm surprised he made it this far. Any big club that hires him after this is stupid

United is undoubtedly a better job than Spurs, but Pochettino doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that's aiming for prestige and a massive war chest (he hardly spends money during transfer windows and Tottenham isn't exactly a poor club anymore). I think it will be hard for Poch to walk away from what he's built in terms of developing youth players and making Tottenham a force to be reckoned with domestically and in Europe.

River penalty bound.

Aaand Enzo Perez with the worst possible PK ever. Al Ain to the final O_O

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom