⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD: Leicester v City, Lyon v Brest, Troyes v PSG, Sandhausen v Leipzig, Wiesbaden v BVB

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP Maradona.

I was on a long flight several years ago and randomly stumbled on the "In Hands of the Gods" documentary and was pleasantly surprised how well made it was. Highly recommend the doc for anyone that hasn't seen it. While it's largely not about Diego it does have a great story and keeps you engaged throughout.

However anyone feels about him, no one can ever say that he didn't live a full life to it's fullest

20201125_132640.jpg

20201125_132642.jpg

This one hurts. Watching the scenes of his fans crying outside of the hospital when he recently went in was heart wrenching, i can't even imagine how they are feeling now.

Story: In 2014 the day of the WC final. I went to pick up pizza to watch the game with my friends. I was wearing a Messi Argentina Jersey. The guy who rang me up drops his apron and is wearing a vintage Argentina num 10 jersey. He says with his thick south american accent "Messi is good...but we both know who is the best" I laughed and said "I would never argue that, Maradona will always be the best".

A larger then life figure. RIP Diego

Such a damn legend man. How he put mediocre teams on his back to win trophies is insane. Those Napoli and Argentina teams weren’t great but Diego literally carried them to glory.

My pops has always said what Maradona did, no other football player will come close. He loved Maradona so much.

Plus that game against England, hand of god and the best goal ever scored minutes apart. Maradona willed the team and the country - put it on his back.

England and Argentina had just been a war in the falklands couple years before and the tensions were ridiculous.

RIP KING 🇦🇷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom