⚽️The Footy Thread: Lock Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Arsenal has a good shot of still closing it out in Madrid, but Mustafi is buns and I woullnd't trust him to get the job done

Oblak was looking like DDG out there, he has another game like today, and atletico basically won it all. I don't see either of the other 2 teams left beating them

A new manager ain’t changing anything with Arsenal... 2/3 of that roster is just awful & that dude with the bad hairpiece ain’t puttin’ up money for an overhaul. Any manager that takes the job is absolutely stupid beyond comprehension...

This game sums up Arsenal the last decade under Wenger. This club is notorious for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Such a massively wasted opportunity.

Arsenal's away record hasn't exactly been the greatest, Atletico should be able to wrap it up in the second leg.

Really?

Atletico were down a man for almost the entire match and they still got a favorable result at the Emirates.

That's pretty bad.
There's another leg tho,

they're down one of their starting defenders

Mkhitaryan might be back

1-0 is all it takes

Easier said than done though

Really?

Atletico were down a man for almost the entire match and they still got a favorable result at the Emirates.

That's pretty bad.
Preach. I will say Oblak basically put Atleti on his back at the end, but Arsenal needs to do better with the finishes. And tie Xhaka to a ******* lightpole outside the stadium. I guess it only makes sense Arsenal might be destined for a 4th place Europa finish :smh:

Well, that was a disappointing match. Want to see Arsenal go through but they're easily the underdogs going into the metropolitano

Isco picked up a knock and might miss the second leg. Supposedly why he was subbed at the half.

Think we gotta go 4-1-4-1 to start the second leg. With Vazquez platooning at RB and either Kova or Bale as the RightMid. Bale seems to be in the doghouse though. However Kova has never played that role and keeping his legs fresh have been a great asset off the bench.

Also wish Zizou prepared a Llorente or Ceballos more to be able to step up in this situation as a bench option.

Isco picked up a knock and might miss the second leg. Supposedly why he was subbed at the half.

Think we gotta go 4-1-4-1 to start the second leg. With Vazquez platooning at RB and either Kova or Bale as the RightMid. Bale seems to be in the doghouse though. However Kova has never played that role and keeping his legs fresh have been a great asset off the bench.

Also wish Zizou prepared a Llorente or Ceballos more to be able to step up in this situation as a bench option.

Why not a 442? Put Ronnie in front of goal and run Bale/Vasquez on the wings, Modric/Kroos central

Bayern is vulnerable with their injuries. I would pile on as much attacking power as possible. If Isco were healthy and available by the next leg, I'd run a 4411

Why not a 442? Put Ronnie in front of goal and run Bale/Vasquez on the wings, Modric/Kroos central

Bayern is vulnerable with their injuries. I would pile on as much attacking power as possible. If Isco were healthy and available by the next leg, I'd run a 4411

Carvajal has a knock and we have nobody else to step up and play RB (Nacho is out too) so by default it'll be Lucas V

Our defensive weakness all season has been our wings, and with a winger playing fullback we'll have to have Casemiro as a lock to help out especially on that flank. And not just him but we'll have to have an additional Right-Mid tracking back imo (Bale or Kova.) Bayern were running everything through that side of the pitch in the second half, so gotta tighten it up.

Kroos, Modric, CR7, and Asensio (as a LM to use his strength playing both sides of the pitch) are all locks.

Leaves one spot left, and the only way to fit all these pieces in places that make sense is either a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-2-3-1. The former definitely suits this group better though. If we need an attacking punch we can switch to a 2 striker set up later in the match.

On the Dan patrick show on NBCS, in his studio he put a 9 LA galaxy Zlatan jersey on a chair close to a Kapernick jersey.

Hmmmmm, Trump’s (full-kit wanker) of a son mayyyyy have an influence here?

upload_2018-4-26_23-5-33.jpeg

Damn that’s the face of a kid who knows everyone he looks up to hates his dad, and his genetics made him share some of the traits he’s despised for

Damn that’s the face of a kid who knows everyone he looks up to hates his dad, and his genetics made him share some of the traits he’s despised for

Bro you’ve been overthinking a lot lately.... :lol:

That’s still just a kid who lives in a bubble, he has no idea wtf is going. But he’ll forever be a “full-kit” wanker, that’s the important thing that we cannot overlook here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom