⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes. One of the most injury prone wingers in the world playing for us? Sounds like a recipe for disaster

Damn, Thiago didn't get called up for Spain

Last edited:
vtotheinay vtotheinay

I’d love to see Bale at Bayern, but idk, I feel like Bayern need a reboot with no one older than 25.

Who knows tho, they say German physicians are the best, maybe Bale would stay healthy. Maybe...

vtotheinay vtotheinay

I’d love to see Bale at Bayern, but idk, I feel like Bayern need a reboot with no one older than 25.

Who knows tho, they say German physicians are the best, maybe Bale would stay healthy. Maybe...

I'm very torn. If it's for the low, I'm down to give it a shot. Like 40-50 mill (obviously not happening). Other than that, I just don't think it's worth the risk. I can't stand to see another winger that goes down every other game with muscle problems. We've had too much of that the past few years. Also, agreed on your point about the youth movement. That's the way our club is heading, so I don't see how Bale really fits

Messi :emoji_goat::emoji_goat::emoji_goat:

Yea, he was fined like 30k.

Irony is, if Simeone had been suspended, Atletico would have been better off. :lol:

He has no idea (well he does now) just how much his actions were used as fuel and motivation for the whole Juventus side.

:rofl: :rofl:

CR's celebration is something it seems like he's used to forcing others to do to him.

:lol: :lol:

vtotheinay vtotheinay i've never seen such split opinions on a player as I've seen with Thiago.
i personally think he's brilliant and highly overlooked.

also, I can't believe it's 2019 and people are still willing to take chances on Bale. for a lot of money too.
game is way too fast and too many matches to think an older bale with more burden to carry (no modric or kroos controlling the game) will somehow become healthy.

Last edited:
messi has 39 goals and 21 assists.
maxresdefault.jpg

Doesn't Joao Felix to Wolves just makes sense? With no clear path to Spain, keeps the Portuguese connection going, allows him to prove himself against better comp, Wolves need help in their attack

Doesn't Joao Felix to Wolves just makes sense? With no clear path to Spain, keeps the Portuguese connection going, allows him to prove himself against better comp, Wolves need help in their attack

I can see this happen if he has the same agent as all those players who are on the Wolves now

vtotheinay vtotheinay i've never seen such split opinions on a player as I've seen with Thiago.
i personally think he's brilliant and highly overlooked.
I would bring Thiago over to the Emirates in a heartbeat, man is class but I think that knee injury took a big toll on him :frown:

Mane to Real would be a good look if Bale is out,can't see 'Pool selling him for less than Real paid for Bale.dude has become their best player not named VVD

^Both those kits are flames :smokin,always love when Oranje kits get the gradient effect. The Brazil '14 away is one of my fav kits ever

Nike always blesses China it seems,that kit is probably the best kit I've seen from them in years

*Checked that entire thread and man,Nike really does Womens NT's so much more justice than the mens :lol:. All of those are great

CHO has some big decisions to make, stick with your boyhood club, push for Bayern this summer or run down your contract and become one the biggest free agents ever.

On this Mane stuff I just don't see Liverpool willing to let him go in the middle of their best run in years, not mention a few other things.

Last edited:
Read today on AS that Bale would welcome a move to Bayern, I wouldn’t be opposed to that.

Idk about selling Varane off though, Militao isn’t certain to be a star and we will need depth in CB. (Unless we offload Varane and take Van Dijk from Pool [wishful thinking])

With Varane turning 26 in April, I'm not taking less than $100M if he really wants to leave. Like other said, I think it's more likely he's just posturing for higher wages but he did just extend in '17 to remain with RM through 2022. So who knows what's really going on behind the scenes.

The Militao signing is to rotate the squad. I doubt Zizou envisions starting the Brazuca right off the bat next to Sergio Ramos. More so a depth upgrade over Nacho. Also Militao's versatility is valuable when you're fighting on multiple fronts/various competitions.

Sadio Mane is in tremendous form RN. Did Neuer dirty in CL for the opening goal at Allianz and finished with a brace. Braces at Anfield vs. Watford and Burnley. Goal and assist against Fulham over the weekend. Drew the penalty that Milner finished off. I read 'Gucci' Mane is now the leading away goal-scorer in Liverpool's European Cup/Champions League history.

Where does he fit on RM though? What does Zidane envision on the wings? Vinicius is holding down Mane's preferred LW position. Flipping Mane to RW would obviously impact Asensio's opportunities. That's with the assumption Bale is actually sold this summer to Bayern or back to England. Then you factor in Hazard's imminent arrival. Good problem to have, I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom