⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
De Ligt turns 20 in August. Still very young. And don’t really see the point in someone constantly ripping on a talented teenager though.

Not every CB is going to have the same set of skills. Some are better on the ball, some have make up speed to make up for positioning, etc. Whatever way to help your team win.

Asensio’s late mother was Dutch and he had some family in the crowd. Interestingly enough he was also named Marco, after an Ajax great Marco van Basten. And got the winner in Ajax’s home stadium. Pretty cool stuff.

Hmm, Juve recently raised some money, north of a 100 mill

On the potential Militao deal, it would be decided by FIFA who will pay the 5 mill to Sao Paulo Coupé It Coupé It idk why

Achraf's defending and losing the ball in bad positions has really cost Dortmund lately, he needs some real work in those areas

Rudiger earned my respect for addressing the traveling Chelsea supporters after the 6-0 shellacking suffered at Etihad. Takes guts and passion to apologize for the team's performance in that manner.

No faith in Emerson long term?

Rudiger definitely has captain material if and when Azpi leaves. Early in the season there was a democratic talk amongst staff and dressing room about who should be captain. It kinda sort of fell into Azpi “well he’s already Cap like 90% of the time” type of thing. No straightforward agreement like with a strong Terry, Lamps and Cahill is just Cahill.

Emerson > Alonso @ defending
Alonso > Emerson @ attacking. But since he’s brasilisan he’ll naturally want to go forward so that > is only such a difference

I'm excited to see how this Lyon team plays against Barca (& vice versa). It will be crucial for Barca to get at least an away goal. Can't wait to see how Ndombele, Fekir, & Aouar do as well as Mendy. I doubt it would happen but would love to see the young striker Amine Gouiri play. I've mentioned him before. He's being heralded as a great French Striker.

Some of this might be true...

Last edited:
Lots of game left but Rennes is handling Betis... 2-1 right now 40 mins in...

Rennes keeper had a nice stop...

Bin Yeeder just scored for Sevilla bout 40 mins in to...

Edit - Whelp, Rennes got awarded a BS penalty in the box & it's 3-1 in extra time in the first half. Betis has not defended well in this first half at all.

Last edited:
But Chelsea told CHO they wanted him to stay and he would get improved PT. I think he made 1 start since that statement was made :rofl: What a joke. Wasting away this kid's talent. Let him just leave already even if it isn't to Bayern. He deserves to be playing somewhere.

Oh and the big rumor going around is that they're intentionally not letting him get time on the pitch now as a form of punishment for being disloyal and trying to force a transfer out of the club.

Betis keeper is hot with his team.... He's yelling at everyone... Spit flyin' out, hand gestures, & everything....

Betis just scored 3-2 63 mins in. Tempers are flarin'...

Edit - Betis level 3-3 right before extra time.

Last edited:
Just checked the score and we are about to be 1-0 down in the round of 32 against BATE.......BATE b. And laca got himself sent off. Oh arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom