⚽️The Footy Thread: German Super Cup, International Champions Cup, Copa Libertadores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised Jovic is gonna face his old club. Well current club technically. Footy is mad poetic.

Just realised Jovic is gonna face his old club. Well current club technically. Footy is mad poetic.
how trash is it gonna be for Benfica if he scores the knockout goal, then Frankfurt activates his buy clause, sells him for a good bag and Benfica gets none of it.

Can Jovic even play against his parent club? Surely Benfica implemented a clause in which Jovic can't play for Frankfurt against them in European competition.

I don't see United getting past Barca.
I realize it's an unpopular take but I'm sticking with a Juve vs. United final at Wanda. It's largely contingent on OGS finding the right centre-half pairing to go with Vic, whether that's Smalling or Bailly. Also Martial being fully fit after the groin injury. I don't think Ole will actually do it, but I'd like to see him start Dalot over Ash Young at OT the first leg.

colombia-2019-copa-america-kit-2.jpg

Might be a classic kit, not sure about **** boy pose tho

I've been waiting to cop a James or Dav Sanchez for Colombia. Might scoop a Quintero River Plate too while I'm at it.

Quick tidbit on RM:
Not that any of us believed James was in Zizou's future plans, given his obsession with subbing on Lucas over Rodriguez but the Militao signing actually complicates the matter even further. Because of the three-player, non-EU limit. Vini is obviously one, Militao becomes two. Rodrygo Goes would be the third, unless we loan him out, which is very possible.

RM really betting Militao is the next Marquinhos, that can play CB, RB and CDM. Because that fee we're paying Porto is huge compared to what they paid SPFC for him on the low.

Edit:
Coupé It Coupé It , from what I've seen at SPFC and Porto, Militao plays aggressive in defence. Has a propensity for fouling and picking up cards. Not afraid to be on the ball when we play out the back.

Bale apparently wants to stay at Real. I’d really like to know why. Dude can go from being the outcast here to a hero in the EPL. Maybe part of it is he thinks his injury proneness is more suited for the Spanish game. But I think it’s gotta go deeper than that.

Bale apparently wants to stay at Real. I’d really like to know why. Dude can go from being the outcast here to a hero in the EPL. Maybe part of it is he thinks his injury proneness is more suited for the Spanish game. But I think it’s gotta go deeper than that.

This is definitely strange. Like when he plays for Wales he is a leader and a world beater....you would think he would want to do that for a club as well and wouldn't be ok just riding the bench and being constantly critisized. But hey if he is happy and enjoying life the way it is.....happy to have him stay at RM he is an amazing talent.

Yet another trash decision by FIFA

Love the idea of more teams for the World Cup. The smaller nations get a chance to at least qualify and get a taste of the big time, while the bigger teams will still be there from the quarterfinals going forward. LOVE IT

Of the QF matchups, the Ajax vs Juventus draw is the most interesting for me. I don’t think Ajax will defend as deep as Atleti did and just absorb pressure for 90 min. Going to be fun to see

Love the idea of more teams for the World Cup. The smaller nations get a chance to at least qualify and get a taste of the big time, while the bigger teams will still be there from the quarterfinals going forward. LOVE IT

Naw it's a terrible idea. It's kind of insulting to small countries. FIFA is essentially saying you guys aren't good enough to make it regularly so we're gonna open up more spots for you guys. Obviously it's a bigger cash grab for them. More teams=more games=more money. It's just bad all around. The group stage is going to go to groups of 3 now instead of 4 and the knockout rounds will be all stupid because some groups will get 2/3 in while others get 1/3 based on GD and GA, etc. It's going to be so stupid

Imma need Pogba to pull some magic out his rear end to get Barça knocked out the UCL.

In regards to James to Madrid thats not happening precisely because of the Non-EU spots. Vini, Militao, and Rodrigo occupy them and theyre trying to expedite Valverde’s passport before the next season begins as he is currently taking our final Non-EU slot.

I feel proud. David [Silva] insisted I took the armband so that was something great to see and hear. It was something I was immensely happy to do, to captain the team on a night like that.

“I know it wasn’t at the start of the game, but for him to give me that responsibility was amazing.”
6343F882-DB0C-49C5-9316-6BE8495F0136.jpeg

In regards to James to Madrid thats not happening precisely because of the Non-EU spots. Vini, Militao, and Rodrigo occupy them and theyre trying to expedite Valverde’s passport before the next season begins as he is currently taking our final Non-EU slot.

It's not happening cause Zidane hates James

I've got MC, Juve, MU and LFC advancing.

Emotional Madridista pick :lol:

But I forgot Barça folded under pressure last year vs Roma, so considering that - I’ll improve United’s chances of winning from 5% to 13.5%

Oh and my opinion on Militão is - I don’t think he’s that great. I have my reasons. Porto may have fleeced Florentino like we did s couple years ago with Danilo >D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom