⚽️THE FOOTY THREAD:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got Messi poking a Icardi voodoo doll

PSG Latin/o disagrees.

1629672207928.png

It’s absolutely going to be accepted. Because Pep knows City need Kane to make a title or CL run. So they’re up against the wall.

This has to be the first time Daniel Levy has ever had leverage :lol: (correct me if I’m mistaken)

Oh btw - That Ronaldo stuff early….here’s my take. What I think is going on.

A) Ronaldo has been negotiating with Juve for a contract extension, so it might just be him flexing his power for more money/years. There is no way he’d ever go City (even if they wanted him, which they don’t) and tarnish his MUFC legacy. This is Mendes just putting stuff out there, which is classic Jorge.

B) Everything may be fine but Allegri is benching Ronaldo to make a point to him/team that he’s in charge. He’s always been an prototypical Italian coach that likes to show power. Plus he might be still upset with Ronaldo for being a part of the reason he got fired.

So in conclusion - I think Ronnie absolutely stays, no doubt. It’s good too because like others said Serie A will be great this season. It’s better if he stays.

Oh btw - That Ronaldo stuff early….here’s my take. What I think is going on.

A) Ronaldo has been negotiating with Juve for a contract extension, so it might just be him flexing his power for more money/years. There is no way he’d ever go City (even if they wanted him, which they don’t) and tarnish his MUFC legacy. This is Mendes just putting stuff out there, which is classic Jorge.

B) Everything may be fine but Allegri is benching Ronaldo to make a point to him/team that he’s in charge. He’s always been an prototypical Italian coach that likes to show power. Plus he might be still upset with Ronaldo for being a part of the reason he got fired.
I read that Ronaldo asked to be benched in anticipation for a transfer in the upcoming week.

I read that Ronaldo asked to be benched in anticipation for a transfer in the upcoming week.

Yea I know, but there are always layers to this and ulterior motives. Ronaldo knows he can’t get a move to one of his preferred destinations in just 9 days. That’s why I said A or B - and he stays regardless of which one it is.

What did y’all think of Alaba’s performance? I felt like he was looking like he could start over Mendy, but he also had that disaster. Mendy is a negative in attack and we’re a team that has struggled to score the last few seasons.

What did y’all think of Alaba’s performance? I felt like he was looking like he could start over Mendy, but he also had that disaster. Mendy is a negative in attack and we’re a team that has struggled to score the last few seasons.

I’m going to be honest here (want to put that out here before Verde thinks I’m trolling :lol:)

I think you can play Mendy and Alaba. I don’t think RM should limit themselves to either or. Alaba can absolutely play midfield. He has the skills.

I’m going to be honest here (want to put that out here before Verde thinks I’m trolling :lol:)

I think you can play Mendy and Alaba. I don’t think RM should limit themselves to either or. Alaba can absolutely play midfield. He has the skills.
I actually agree with you, when Mendy & Valverde play, the defense really clicks, those two cover so much ground. Then you give Alaba less defensive responsibilities.

I actually agree with you, when Mendy & Valverde play, the defense really clicks, those two cover so much ground. Then you give Alaba less defensive responsibilities.

Exactly. You guys started playing a 4-4-2 in the second half and it worked. So you can play Alaba as a free LM/LCM who can also cover ground box to box and direct passes.

Mendy as your traditional speedy LB. And Vini up top with Benzema but plays off of him near the wing more. Some thing along those lines.

But whether you agree with that or not….generally speaking-there is absolutely a way to incorporate Mendy and Alaba while getting the most of their abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom