⛔️ {Thread is NOW CLOSED. New Football Thread, Link on Last Page.}⛔️

Should we start a new football thread?

• Yes... - Lets Start Fresh

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nah... - Lets Just Keep This Going

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
jking0821 jking0821 , I thought Veratti played a little too recklessly. He made some stupid challenges on the player instead of the ball, several times right in front of the ref.

It was a typical display from him. Someone at PSG really needs to get him to harness his energy & play for intelligently. He should keep the physical aspect, just play better. He's lucky to not have been sent off...

I completely agree with you. If it was a different ref he is gone. The foul he actually got carded for was pretty bad....and he had numerous leading up to that. But I thought the ref did a good job. But man was he all over the place. And having Matic basically in the same area as he was all game and still managing to keep possession that well really impressed me.

As a ref, you gotta call stupid fouls like the ones Veratti was committing or he'll think he's playing well. Imagine the impact on the game if all those terrible challenges/tackles were successful?

The thing is, he's been playing recklessly like yesterday. PSG must not watch game film as part of training because there is no way Veratti & the coaching staff are seeing this & not doing anything about it.

Edit - it's like they're watching him constantly bang his head against a wall harder & harder & not doing anything about it. It's rather stupid really.

Last edited:
Bayern is now helping 50 children instead of the 30 initially reported after Bayern execs Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, Jan-Christian Dreesen, & Karl Hopfner paid a visit to a local hospital in Lviv, Ukraine ahead of the CL match against Shakhtar.

Mia san mia... :smokin

View media item 1407907

Last edited:
Well, it's a cultural thing, and we can't judge.
"Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit."

Steering away from the ugliness, Everybody watching Porto vs Basel tomorrow, right......?
Predicting Basel wins the tie, 3-2 on aggregate.

BTW, did I win our Shakhtar/Porto avy bet?

I don't get to watch PSG play alot but every time i do i feel like Matuidi is so good.

And i also LOVE the way the game was reffed.

I think in the second leg though with a more in-form Costa Chelsea probably take it though.
Matuidi was PSG's MOTM for me. Whipped in three dangerous crosses off his left foot, two that found Ibra and lastly the Cavani equalizer. He was a bulldog in PSG's attacking third tracking down balls, providing energy, making the right runs and crosses. Pastore just missed him when he made a late run far post. Matuidi's overall work-rate was astronomical. Relentless motor that fueled the buildup for Blanc's side.

Don't mind letting the footballers play, but perhaps the ref was overly lenient. In fairness, he was consistent withholding bookings for both sides.

My inclination is PSG is all but doomed for the return leg at Stamford Bridge. Last year, PSG had a more significant 3-1 advantage after the home leg. Yet Chelsea still kept a clean sheet at the Bridge and ultimately advanced on the away goal. I really felt PSG needed one if not two more goals at Parc des Princes for insurance purposes. Plus this Chelsea side is better than last campaign.

I thought Veratti played a little too recklessly.
Verratti's often guilty of that, it's particularly detrimental when he commits unintelligent fouls in PSG's defensive third. Like the brash challenge that allowed for Fabregas' FK.

His rough challenge on Hazard was extremely cynical, and definitely warranted a yellow. To compound matters, Verratti implores the ref far too often when a challenge is committed against him. Goes to ground easily, reacts dramatically.

I'm disappointed in Verratti, he's largely the same player I saw 18 months ago. Have yet to see him make the jump into the next tier of footballers.

Madrid to wear the Pepto Bismol kit today... They haven't worn the kit since August 13 when they lost to La Real.

Last edited:
gung hai fat choi to you too bruh!!!

LVG looking at Kyle Walker??

Enter Deandre Yedlin 
nthat.gif

Last edited:
A bit tricky though... what if someone was pictured there, but didn't take part in any of the activities.  At the same time, the guilty individuals will be like "Prove that I said those things!"  

I hope the %&$#ers will all be prosecuted, banned, whatever... but it might not be easy.

Figures this started with the scumbag racists singing about john terry... Seriously... :smh:

Last edited:
For real, props to Chelsea Board. I was surfing a CFC message board through Tapatalk on my iPhone. Chelsea fans are really pissed off about this happend. They want these worthless racists banned from football ground for life. Even one of them found a racist's twitter and attacked him. It's really nice to see fellow fans standing up for the victims. No racism allowed.

Fans from the CFC forum decided to use this image in their avatars.
View media item 1408177

Last edited:
^ There are apparently high res cameras in the tube (tunnel & train car) that is being used to ID these racist scumbags. They will never be able to attend a football match anywhere in Europe.

Looks like Lucas Silva is going to start in the midfield with Isco & Kroos. Let's see what this young Brazilian lad has to offer.

[UPDATE] WC 2022 is apparently moving to Novemeber & December... :x

Last edited:
Yeah, I heard about it. They want to avoid their region's summer heat. For summer in Qatar, the average temperature is nearly 110 FahrenheitI degree. o_O UEFA boss Michel Platini prefers January to avoid conflicting with the Champions League.

What a wasteful ball/touch from Boateng...

Kroos with the yellow. Not sure how you can argue that. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Starting to see Schalke struggle now, and wow if Ronaldo made that free kick, great save from the 19 year old

Back
Top Bottom