⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact is, players of today’s nba are more skilled and advanced than their predecessors. The game has advanced. Great players of any era will be great regardless. All numbers aren’t created equal...but the elite of the elite stand out for a reason.

you said it yourself, Elite of the Elite. but with regards to the normal/typical player, they are not any better than their older counterparts. the so-called numbers or excellent plays that we see are practically overrated since people back then don't salivate much on personal stats but rather team play and winning. I can't exactly recall certain old players celebrating amassing triple-doubles while his team continues to lose. there wasn't a cause for celebrating for such individual feat but rather find a way to win. if players have that kind of mentality in the past, they will get benched especially if they kept chucking up shots that miss a lot.

you said it yourself, Elite of the Elite. but with regards to the normal/typical player, they are not any better than their older counterparts. the so-called numbers or excellent plays that we see are practically overrated since people back then don't salivate much on personal stats but rather team play and winning. I can't exactly recall certain old players celebrating amassing triple-doubles while his team continues to lose. there wasn't a cause for celebrating for such individual feat but rather find a way to win. if players have that kind of mentality in the past, they will get benched especially if they kept chucking up shots that miss a lot.

This is a lie.

I do agree with you, that the emphasis on ultimately WINNING has gone down over the past 5 years tho. Much more respect for putting up numbers, “carrying a team” (and losing)....than actually winning and playing winning basketball.

Thought porter would move into the starting lineup and be good for 20 a night. Denver is a 1 series win team in the playoffs.

This T-Wolves team shouldn't be this bad, but considering they owe their pick is only top 3 protected i guess there's gonna be a lot of long "recovery" periods this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom