⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if things changed between them, but IIRC Shaq and Kareem did not get along in the early 2000s. Shaq said Kareem gave him the cold shoulder back in the day. That night Shaq scored 61 points on his bday vs the Clippers, Kareem was a developmental coach for Olowokandi I believe.

Damn it just aint the same anymore

im tryna wake up to see some simmons hate but it seems they all went quiet since first few weeks of season. Usually after every game someone had a smart comment

im tryna go in and i just cant cause he been balling lolol

someone start something up
All credit goes to Sam Cassell. He told him to use his dominant hand lol

it's just a wide range collection of data. it's not good or bad. it's not a specific playstyle. when you're defending someone at the 3, do you push them left or right? say they go left, now what do you do? the use of analytics helps dictate some of those decisions. by collecting data, you can get a shot chart, learn player tendencies, learn where players are more or less efficient.

Right. I think part of the resistance to analytics is that people focus too much on individual stats in isolation and don’t think about each stat being part of a larger package of data and analysis.

Like, I was included among the people getting jokes off about “potential assists”, but as addict4sneakers addict4sneakers explained, when you look at how that stat goes up or down for a guy like Garland depending on who he’s on the floor with and game situations, it helps highlight patterns and does provide some information to help figure out how that player can be most effective.

It also doesn’t help that a few of the most well know basketball “analysts” clearly don’t themselves really understand analytics and pass that lack of understanding on to casuals.

im tryna wake up to see some simmons hate but it seems they all went quiet since first few weeks of season. Usually after every game someone had a smart comment

what more is there left to talk about? he's more polished, but he's the same guy as when he came into the league. a walking 16/8/8/2 that's terrified of putting up a shot outside of 10 ft.

1614695901546.png

All credit goes to Sam Cassell. He told him to use his dominant hand lol

Yessir. Sam no doubt brought simmons confidence back

esp with the FTs if you watch simmons miss a Ft hell smile and go to a happy place in his mind and hits the next one.. its pretty funny actually

I STRONGLY disagree here. Stan Van Gundy & Steven Adams have defended Zion better than any defense this year. He’s about to break a record in a phone booth offense.

And Luka is Luka. A 30 ppg point guard, almost broke the clippers hearts last year.

Melo has been amazing tho, significantly better scorer & rebounder than expected.
To be clear - I fully understand we know what Zion and Luka are capable of; however, my statement was largely based on the fact that Melo is only 19 and could be just as sensational by Year 3. That’s all. Sure, it’s an extrapolation of his current talent and production but EYE wouldn’t call it a hot take. Mild? Perhaps but it’s certainly takes a projection of Melo’s talent in ones mind.

I’m not taking Melo so this doesn’t matter but I’m explaining what I believe dudes rationale to be and I see where he is coming from.

Right. I think part of the resistance to analytics is that people focus too much on individual stats in isolation and don’t think about each stat being part of a larger package of data and analysis.

Like, I was included among the people getting jokes off about “potential assists”, but as addict4sneakers addict4sneakers explained, when you look at how that stat goes up or down for a guy like Garland depending on who he’s on the floor with and game situations, it helps highlight patterns and does provide some information to help figure out how that player can be most effective.

It also doesn’t help that a few of the most well know basketball “analysts” clearly don’t themselves really understand analytics and pass that lack of understanding on to casuals.

right. these "new-age" stats seem goofy at first, but they just tell small parts of the story. my biggest issue with the analytics movement is what some have referenced as the "gentrification of basketball", but that's a separate conversation to have.

Sixers lost the other day, but Ben Simmons hit a 3 in OT after the game was out of reach so it was almost like a win :pimp:

I just want this thread to spread the slander more evenly. Lakers had their slump with AD and Schroder out and yall had jokes and took LeBron out the mvp race. Meanwhile embiid was shooting 26% during the same stretch and the clippers went 8-7 in February. Lakers still the 2 seed. But I digress

I wonder if things changed between them, but IIRC Shaq and Kareem did not get along in the early 2000s. Shaq said Kareem gave him the cold shoulder back in the day. That night Shaq scored 61 points on his bday vs the Clippers, Kareem was a developmental coach for Olowokandi I believe.
Riiiiighhhhhttttt, just like David Robinson gave him the cold shoulder?

Shaq is a clown and a weirdo.

I just want this thread to spread the slander more evenly. Lakers had their slump with AD and Schroder out and yall had jokes and took LeBron out the mvp race. Meanwhile embiid was shooting 26% during the same stretch and the clippers went 8-7 in February. Lakers still the 2 seed. But I digress
Who you trying to fool?

This whole thread is nothing but slander. :lol: :lol:

Sixers won games lol

Is Steph really 2nd GOATPG if Draymond has to run point in order for the Warriors to win? 🤔

He's always been clowned for his scoring/shooting and lack of improvement in that area. Has his playmaking/defense been questioned?

Tobias Harris got snubbed from the all-star game because people giving Ben Simmons credit for his work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom