⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
amitt5504 amitt5504

Speaking about the ASG in general, not just 2021.

In general, to "demand" (which we do) that dudes go hard / play like they mean it in a meaningless exhibition game is ridiculous.
Most of them DON'T want to be there, who can blame them, so it will show.

Sure, you can reference 1992 or 2001 as competitive affairs but to EXPECT it is unreasonable.

On any level of basketball, ASGs are exhibition games. They aren't taken seriously so when the best in the world are placed in that setting why are they tasked to "prove they are the best" when they already do that for 82 games in an actual season.

I just think our expectations are very unreasonable.
That’s why I said we got spoiled after last year. I’m years past we know dudes out there tryna have fun but them dudes actually tried last year. It’s natural to want to see more especially when rivals and teaming up and showing chemistry

You see guys playing different roles and it shows how great all of em really are. For example, we see Simmons handling the ball majority of the time with Philly, last year ASG he was more off ball playing next to CP3 and we saw flashes of how he would look if another dynamic lead ball handler was in Philly. Sixers fans (mainly me) got spoiled and wanted him to play more off ball, then I realized we still ain’t (and still don’t) have a PG on the roster :smh:

Denver gotta do something with bol bol. You don't wanna play him move him but just sitting isn't doing him much good at this point.

I don't believe that. They were locked in on Wiseman the whole time, dinner date and all.
Apparently Jalen's longtime boys with Melo's manager/trainer and given Melo's IG live on draft night and Lavar's reaction to the pick, think there could be something to it...

Not sure what he'd gain from making it up :lol:

amitt5504 amitt5504

In general, to "demand" (which we do) that dudes go hard / play like they mean it in a meaningless exhibition game is ridiculous.

Sure, you can reference 1992 or 2001 as competitive affairs but to EXPECT it is unreasonable.

On any level of basketball, ASGs are exhibition games. They aren't taken seriously so when the best in the world are placed in that setting why are they tasked to "prove they are the best" when they already do that for 82 games in an actual season.

Agree....but the ASG took a significant “too cool” dive or somewhere in the 10s And the years after that suffered badly because of it. Dudes were legit laying on the floor and doing goofy ****. I remember the backlash for this

There is a difference between playing exhibition ball...and what was going on for a couple of years. It was some clown show stuff. They for sure needed to UP the level back to where it historically was

amitt5504 amitt5504

The ASG is a celebration of the NBA. A symbolic gesture to showcase the best basketball talent the league has to offer. Anything more (such as a competitive game) is gravy. The league would like a more competitive game as it will eventually lead to more eyeballs and Ad $s but that should not be the expectation.

Last edited:
Agree....but the ASG took a significant “too cool” dive or somewhere in the 10s And the years after that suffered badly because of it. Dudes were legit laying on the floor and doing goofy ****. I remember the backlash for this

There is a difference between playing exhibition ball...and what was going on for a couple of years. It was some clown show stuff. They for sure needed to UP the level back to where it historically was

I remember watching the rookie-sophomore game in 2004 (LeBron, Melo, Wade, Amare, Tayshaun) and the commentators by the end of the game sounded disgusted at all the dunks. :lol:

Edit:

Listen to the last three minutes. Kerr sounds like a senile ****.

Last edited:

stern-water2.jpg

Is Houston going to try and flip Oladipo now and take back long-term salary?

If that's the plan, why didn't they just take back Allen and/or LeVert from Brooklyn?

They're not going to get better talent than that for Oladipo... Seems silly. Is anybody attaching picks to a deal to take back rental Oladipo or PJ? No shot, right?

I remember watching the rookie-sophomore game in 2004 (LeBron, Melo, Wade, Amare, Tayshaun) and the commentators by the end of the game sounded disgusted at all the dunks. :lol:

Edit:

Listen to the last three minutes. Kerr sounds like a senile ****.

I vividly remember this :lol: You could tell several of those guys were special and he over there hating. then he got the Phoenix job a few years later & traded for old Shaq :lol: I had a strong dislike for him

Is Houston going to try and flip Oladipo now and take back long-term salary?

If that's the plan, why didn't they just take back Allen and/or LeVert from Brooklyn?

They're not going to get better talent than that for Oladipo... Seems silly. Is anybody attaching picks to a deal to take back rental Oladipo or PJ? No shot, right?
Allen is good, but I wouldn’t want Houston to pay him over the summer. Plus they got a FRP and shedded Prince’s salary.

How has Toppin looked? Hes playing behind an all star but hes pretty old and i barely see him on the court. Seems like hes just an energy guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom