⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a better reward than a money bet on here.

"We're all chemicals, vitamins and minerals
Vicodin with inner tubes, wrapped around the arm
To see the vein like a chicken on the barn
Top Cat chat, let's begin another yarn
That's flying saucer cheese, or is it chicken parm'"

He might lose consciousness before finishing half the song
That’s by far his best piece of work. Don’t think anyone ever touching that lyrically. (There’s also a pt 3 he doesn’t wanna drop yet)

Not at all what I said. I said I grew up in Jamaican household and that's the music they played in the house. Not at all the same thing.

I don't think we've ever had a non-musical conversation so I don't think you can really speak to how I feel about our culture and whatnot. Music isn't THAT deep to get that much out of someone's opinion on it.

But I respect your opinion dude.

Admitting you only want to hear about the disfunsional side of a community is enough. Not appreciating black american music outside of street culture is way more than enough. You been saying **** like this for a while bruh.

And I'm not even a Lupe fan. Your views of black american music is just wild.

He can do whatever he wants. I just don't to hear it. I don't want to be talked down to over a beat over some stuff I can just go read about myself. It's just not enjoyable to me, and music is supposed to be fun. Drug and murder bars are "fun".Bars about doing fly stuff and flossing money are "fun". What he does is not.

I don't want to hear dudes rap about papyrus and hieroglyphics. I grew up black in America man, I understand what its like. Just not trying to hear it in my rap.

latest

Almost as bad as your Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye takes.

Almost.

Admitting you only want to hear about the disfunsional side of a community is enough. Not appreciating black american music outside of street culture is way more than enough. You been saying **** like this for a while bruh.
You're tripping man, Its the internet and it doesn't matter but I feel a way about it.. Its just music, it really is NOT that serious. You don't even know me, what I'm about, or what I do with my life.
  • From the 9th grade until I graduated college I mentored and tutored black kids
  • Once I got to work I continued to do that and added on educating black kids about personal finance and how debt works for college.
  • I donate a portion of my salary EVERY SINGLE MONTH to charity, and unless there is some sort of large scale crisis going on that money goes to black people
I could keep going but why its the internet and I could very well be lying. You just gotta chill man, you're going off baseless stuff cause I like a certain brand of music. If the fact that I like a certain kind of music matters more to you then so be it, but I said what I said.

Maybe he's just stuck in a office all day and wants to listen to some trap music to relax.

Lupe sound like he rappin’ a Christopher Nolan script. I’m good on that
Bruh :rofl: :rofl:

Seems limiting to only listen to rap about drugs and murder

Someone mentioned it earlier and I alluded to it in my post but there’s a time and a place for Lupe based on the mood you’re trying to curate. I listen to a lot of R&B too tbh and Lupe falls closer to something I’d listen to when I want that mood than when I’m in a rap mood.

I guess based on my lifestyle and most of the situations I am listening to music, Lupe just isn’t appropriate. Like when my bonus hits and I’m headed to work that morning do I want to listen to someone rap about cocaine, murder, lavish vacations and luxury goods or do I want to hear bars about politics, genocide, religion and poverty?

Lupe makes election night music and that’s okay. There’s occasions for that.

You're tripping man, Its the internet and it doesn't matter but I feel a way about it.. Its just music, it really is NOT that serious. You don't even know me, what I'm about, or what I do with my life.
  • From the 9th grade until I graduated college I mentored and tutored black kids
  • Once I got to work I continued to do that and added on educating black kids about personal finance and how debt works for college.
  • I donate a portion of my salary EVERY SINGLE MONTH to charity, and unless there is some sort of large scale crisis going on that money goes to black people
I could keep going but why its the internet and I could very well be lying. You just gotta chill man, you're going off baseless stuff cause I like a certain brand of music. If the fact that I like a certain kind of music matters more to you then so be it, but I said what I said.

So you do all and still have ignorant views about black american culture and music. You need to get some understanding but I remember you before "I don't care to look back and research".

And to be real people donate money all the time and still have certain views about those same people.

So you do all and still have ignorant views about black american culture and music. You need to get some understanding but I remember you before "I don't care to look back and research".

And to be real people donate money all the time and still have certain views about those same people.
Again you keep correlating the music to real life. I am very confident that there isn't some big gap of knowledge of things that IDK about.

All good though you have your opinion and its ok. I'm sure others feel the same. I am not tripping over it. Pretty comfortable with the way I move and live.

Someone mentioned it earlier and I alluded to it in my post but there’s a time and a place for Lupe based on the mood you’re trying to curate. I listen to a lot of R&B too tbh and Lupe falls closer to something I’d listen to when I want that mood than when I’m in a rap mood.

I guess based on my lifestyle and most of the situations I am listening to music, Lupe just isn’t appropriate. Like when my bonus hits and I’m headed to work that morning do I want to listen to someone rap about cocaine, murder, lavish vacations and luxury goods or do I want to hear bars about politics, genocide, religion and poverty?

The conversation is bigger than Lupe. Like I said I'm not a Lupe fan, I don't own none of his albums but when you keep seeing somebody like antidope antidope for years on here with these high school like views on music and culture it's like wassup with this dude. :lol:

It's been plenty of times when I just see his wild opinions and laugh but I had a lil time today.

This would be a better reward than a money bet on here.

"We're all chemicals, vitamins and minerals
Vicodin with inner tubes, wrapped around the arm
To see the vein like a chicken on the barn
Top Cat chat, let's begin another yarn
That's flying saucer cheese, or is it chicken parm'"

He might lose consciousness before finishing half the song
:rofl: :rofl:

Not at all what I said. I said I grew up in Jamaican household and that's the music they played in the house. Not at all the same thing.

I don't think we've ever had a non-musical conversation so I don't think you can really speak to how I feel about our culture and whatnot. Music isn't THAT deep to get that much out of someone's opinion on it.

That add-on is also a reach. What don't I relate to? I'd be shocked to find out that I grew up THAT differently from most in here. You're trying to pull a lot out of some musical opinions man.

But I respect your opinion dude.
man i dont agree with alot of your opinions but you do handle conversations always with respect and class and you never go at somebody personally because they dont agree with you
1616525287873.gif

that does not look like magic man.

I hate that its who you know in hollywood and not who actually looks and acts the part.

I don’t know, man. This is sounding like those “Video games cause all this violence!” takes. Just because you enjoy listening songs about it doesn’t mean I think it’s reflective of real life or something I perpetuate. Like, I watch adult movies but I’m not trying to raw dog and bust all over or do anal with every girl I sleep with.

Your argument hinges on one’s ability to understand the difference between fantasy and reality. EYE can do that but I’m assuming you think the majority can’t b

My son was mostly floaters, layups and 3s last year.

Now he's added the post game and the middy.
The conversation is bigger than Lupe. Like I said I'm not a Lupe fan, I don't own none of his albums but when you keep seeing somebody like antidope antidope antidope antidope for years on here with these high school like views on music and culture it's like wassup with this dude. :lol:

It's been plenty of times when I just see his wild opinions and laugh but I had a lil time today.

I don't come here as much as I used to but buddy been outta pocket for minute.

When I do get on here dude always has some WTF take.

Bonus hits and Touch the Sky is playing lol

The conversation is bigger than Lupe. Like I said I'm not a Lupe fan, I don't own none of his albums but when you keep seeing somebody like antidope antidope for years on here with these high school like views on music and culture it's like wassup with this dude. :lol:

My son was mostly floaters, layups and 3s last year.

Now he's added the post game and the middy.

I don't come here as much as I used to but buddy been outta pocket for minute.

When I do get on here dude always has some WTF take.

I would be willing to bet that neither of you can name one thing I have said that was a "wild take" that somehow speaks to my character that isnt music related.

Yall are really just reading too much into musical preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom