⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
CrV.gif

League looking like bozos. Washing away all the goodwill from the bubble.

I mean a bubble wasn't a realistic option, they are going to have the most games of any pro sports league, the longest season (I think) and certainly the most travel. Nothing good could be expected from that combination.

League looking like bozos. Washing away all the goodwill from the bubble.

True but personal responsibility lies with everybody involved from the players to the coaches and staff and even extending to their families. It's just a reflection of what's going on in the country at large unfortunately.

I got to operate the shotclock at Staples for some sort of Championship game. I was doing well until the last possession. Team was down 3 with 6 or so seconds left and they called a timeout. I got so into the game that I forgot to start the clock when they inbounde they missed the shot, gotthe rebound, missed again, and then I hear the opposing coach yelling at m :rofl: I must have given that team 20 seconds :rofl:

Would the optics be soooo bad if the league bought x amount of vaccines to cover the players and essential personnel?

I got to operate the shotclock at Staples for some sort of Championship game. I was doing well until the last possession. Team was down 3 with 6 or so seconds left and they called a timeout. I got so into the game that I forgot to start the clock when they inbounde they missed the shot, gotthe rebound, missed again, and then I hear the opposing coach yelling at m :rofl: I must have given that team 20 seconds :rofl:

Man you must have been nervous as hell.

You don't suddenly go missing with no communication for days, leaving everyone to speculate the worst, only to be filmed living it up at a party, maskless, during a panoramic, which means you're going to miss even more time now. I can't defend that.

It aint even about screwing the people he works for, yall know I'm anti-capitalist, it's about screwing the people he works with. You don't do that to your teammates. You don't do that to your rookie coach.

Lol at no handshaking.

Half the league licks their fingers before every FT. Maybe we should change the ball after every whistle too.

Kelly Loeffler is done in the Senate. But what about in the WNBA?

On Tuesday morning, the Rev. Raphael Warnock made a final pitch to Senate-race voters in Georgia with a video on social media that prominently featured WNBA players campaigning on his behalf against the Republican incumbent, Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who also happens to be a co-owner of a franchise, the Atlanta Dream.
The players got what they wanted. Warnock, a Democrat, defeated Loeffler, who owns a 49% stake in the Dream. This was an outcome that six months ago would have been considered an upset. The attention WNBA players brought to Warnock’s campaign is widely considered to have played a role in his victory.

Now, with the Senate race over, the question turns to what’s next for the players and the league — and to what should be done about an owner who publicly blasted her own players and who, as she embarked on a political campaign with tactics that many considered to be racist, said the values of the WNBA did not align with her own.
News of Warnock’s victory on Tuesday was greeted with glee by many basketball fans and WNBA players, several of whom posted celebratory messages on social media.

“This isn’t the first time that we’ve seen an owner or even a sponsor of a team not align with a team’s thought process,” Dream guard Renee Montgomery said in an interview Wednesday. “So it’s always going to be a battle, but right now I’m just excited for a win.”
WNBA Commissioner Cathy Engelbert told CNN over the summer that she would not force Loeffler to sell her stake, even though the league’s players’ union has indicated it does not want her to own the team any longer. Loeffler has said repeatedly that she is unwilling to sell and called herself a victim of “cancel culture” as players were speaking out against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom