⭐ OFFICIAL 2020-2021 NBA Off-Season Thread: Olympics begin 7/23; NBA Draft 7/29⭐

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it looks like a duck....

There is an archetype for all that pretentious pseudo-intellectual rap. it all falls in the bucket that said pretentious people always go to.

How much, for example, ATCQ have you actually listened to it? Very little of it fits the description pseudo-intellectual in my opinion. From what I’ve heard, Drake is just as much of a fake philosopher as anyone else.

He was in BK until he was 6. That should've been long enough. I was listening to ATCQ, Black Sheep and Naughty by Nature by then. No excuses.
Not only that, he was hanging with Spike and the crew at Spike's Joint in Fort Greene, BK with Nola Darling/Tracy Camilla Johns AND Spike, Branford Marsalis during the days that the Fort was still Black! Carol's Daughter, right around the bend as well!

Jordan has the hot kicks, but was, IS a straight pop square artistically, all the way around. He thought that Hip Hop was TOO Black, and the only group he really dug was Kid 'n Play.

I know this for a fact!!!!

Who wouldn't recognize the Roots? They literally play the 4th of July in Center City every year, SNL, etc :lol:

Pretty mainstream to me.
Ay man its your ears and your mind do you. I just can't be bothered with that nonsense about nothing "Look at how ill I spit my bars are sick like syphilis" rappity rap

How much, for example, ATCQ have you actually listened to it? Very little of it fits the description pseudo-intellectual in my opinion. From what I’ve heard, Drake is just as much of a fake philosopher as anyone else.
Almost none of it. I have heard songs in passing and can tell my the song titles, the album titles, the album art, the fact that their name is something like "A Tribe Called Quest" to ascertain that I won't like it. Its rappity rap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom