🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

Last year, we saw Agassi return to Nike and the release of a Wimbledon and US Open edition of the Air Tech Challenge II.  Any info on a possible ATCII for the Australian Open 2014?  Andre was a 4x Champion there. 

View media item 714855

a pic of of a very rare OG ATC 3/4 cw what i just found on my old HDD
this is the only cw that i have never seen in real life, must be some kind of rare Asia exclusive or something
also i have never seen this cw before in the catalogs from Nike back in the days
very insane cw imo, they remind me of the DVD cover from Scarface :smokin

So that's actually my pair/photo. Just sold them on eBay like 2 months ago. It's funny to hear about the limited nature of them, we got them on clearance at Finishline in Dayton back in the day. The sole around the air bubble cracked so my pops customized them with the marbled look.

Last edited:
To the ones earlier that says they took the midsoles from the yeezy clearly shows y'all are hype beasts !!! Only I and of heads they took inspiration from the atc II and put it on the yeezy smfh y'all the reason why underrated kicks sell in a blink of an eye [emoji]128531[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji]

To the ones earlier that says they took the midsoles from the yeezy clearly shows y'all are hype beasts !!! Only I and of heads they took inspiration from the atc II and put it on the yeezy smfh y'all the reason why underrated kicks sell in a blink of an eye [emoji]128531[/emoji][emoji]128545[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji]
laugh.gif
 Chill buddy, it was sarcasm.  I don't think anyone in here thinks that.  I'd like to think that most NTers are knowledgeable enough.  And while some NTers might not have known the Yeez 2's shared the same outsole, they will have known that the ATC II's came first.  
wink.gif

Anyway, the new pic of the samples looks a bit funky, but it's probably due to the distortion of the pic.  Actual c/w looks good... better than in the catalogue. 

SinnerP you won't be happy about this...

So the ATCH are available on NDC (UK), however a few things are amiss.

1. They just called them the Air Tech Challenge. Nothing Else, no number designation or mention of the huarache.

2. This is in the description

MAXIMUM CUSHIONING AND DURABILITY

The Nike Air Tech Challenge Men's Shoe is a remastered version of the classic Nike Air Tech Challenge II, which first hit the courts in 1990. Updated with a durable synthetic leather and textile upper, this shoe has a Nike Air-Sole unit for superior cushioning and impact protection.

What? Honestly I used to throw Nike a bone for messing things up, but this just doesn't make sense.

After I watched "How I Rock It" on Esquire (since I saw Tinker Hatfield was going to be on), unsurprisingly Nike still keeps a pair of every shoe they have made. Tinker showed off a pair of OG Air Max 1's (in immaculate condition, every show was bagged and in the original box), as well as OG Concord XI's and other models. So I have little sympathy for Nike messing these things up when it's so obvious.

I've also always been curious as to what Tinker thinks when his shoes are retroed with various changes. Did he have any say in these changes? Why do some shoes, like the ATC II's, stay pretty much unchanged over 20 years, and then the Air Challenge Huarache gets altered? The way Nike does things doesn't make much sense to me.

mean.gif

But incidentally, some have already popped up on ebay and here's the box-tag.

Also 
mean.gif
 @ that they're sticking with the "Air Tech Challenge Huarache" moniker... but then again it really is an Air Tech Challenge x Air Challenge Huarache hybrid... 
mean.gif

eyes.gif

Last edited:
SinnerP you won't be happy about this...

So the ATCH are available on NDC (UK), however a few things are amiss.

1. They just called them the Air Tech Challenge. Nothing Else, no number designation or mention of the huarache.

2. This is in the description

MAXIMUM CUSHIONING AND DURABILITY
The Nike Air Tech Challenge Men's Shoe is a remastered version of the classic Nike Air Tech Challenge II, which first hit the courts in 1990. Updated with a durable synthetic leather and textile upper, this shoe has a Nike Air-Sole unit for superior cushioning and impact protection.

What? Honestly I used to throw Nike a bone for messing things up, but this just doesn't make sense.

After I watched "How I Rock It" on Esquire (since I saw Tinker Hatfield was going to be on), unsurprisingly Nike still keeps a pair of every shoe they have made. Tinker showed off a pair of OG Air Max 1's (in immaculate condition, every show was bagged and in the original box), as well as OG Concord XI's and other models. So I have little sympathy for Nike messing these things up when it's so obvious.

I've also always been curious as to what Tinker thinks when his shoes are retroed with various changes. Did he have any say in these changes? Why do some shoes, like the ATC II's, stay pretty much unchanged over 20 years, and then the Air Challenge Huarache gets altered? The way Nike does things doesn't make much sense to me.
I bet he doesn't care as much as you'd think. He probably gets a royalty which I'm sure is more than enough to make up for any hurt feelings regarding the changes. Crazy how far off the description is tho...

whoa newb to this thread but Hot Lavas is a must gift for my brothers 40th bday, he was the tennis player in the family....any other info beside kix-files as to releases else where?

View media item 721154Omg these are releasing this year!!!!
Please I will be a slave for these it's been long time since I saw these let it be for 2014!!!
Although not related to thread I happen to see this posted a couple of pages back

Last edited:
Omg these are releasing this year!!!!
Please I will be a slave for these it's been long time since I saw these let it be for 2014!!!
Although not related to thread I happen to see this posted a couple of pages back
I didn't say these were being re-retroed.  I was using it to make a point about the "ginger" colorway. 

Need white/yellow n purp/black, hoping they don't sell out! Can't cop till a few days after they drop, I'll be content with white tho if unfortunately black sells

WHOAH GUYS, I GOT EXCITED FOR A MOMENT.. lets not get rumors started with the Air Trainer 3.. though that was my first Nike Air when I was in Jr. High.. I would cop multiples! 
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom