🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Sample vs Release

One of my favorite shoes of all time!!!
Seeing these makes me slightly disappointed with what we finally got. The heel panel is exactly like the OG  and it has the heavier gradient on the eyelets. If these were ever to release in the states I would hope they do it like that (the white tongue is terrible tho)

Seeing these makes me slightly disappointed with what we finally got. The heel panel is exactly like the OG  and it has the heavier gradient on the eyelets. If these were ever to release in the states I would hope they do it like that (the white tongue is terrible tho)

Defintely not exactly the same as the og. The og had white stitching around the heel counter and the clolor was similar to the released pair. The pattern on the sample is also not nearly the same as the og. The og pair didn't have a shiny heel counter like that.

Last edited:
My issue with the 2008's is that the outsole tends to get a bit banana-y... at least, my pair does.  

Truth. Personally I wear the 2014's more. They are more comfy than the 08's and outside of the color look better IMO. The grey eyelets on the last retro killed it for me

I didn't like the toe with the 08 lavas and how easily they creased and shape. But the tongue and collar were more like the original. I was disappointed that they didn't keep the lava that they used on the swoosh and actually apply it to the lava. It made no sense why the lava was darker. The 2014 ATC II's had excessive tongue material that would bundle up by the toe and the collar material was a little off. The biggest thing that I didn't like about the 2014 pairs was the fact that the heel was protruding out whereas the 2008 had more of a straight heel, true to the original. The grand slam pairs were made with a nice shape.

Last edited:
2016s rectified that heel problem which I appreciate a lot because you can't unsee that funny heel on the 2014s

The 08's did a great job on the heel too. I like the lava on the 2016 for the swoosh and lava. I didn't care for the perforated part of the shoe but overall I thought it was nice.

Truth. Personally I wear the 2014's more. They are more comfy than the 08's and outside of the color look better IMO. The grey eyelets on the last retro killed it for me
Yeah... If we could only pick and choose elements from each of the models.  Hot Lava from 2008, shape from 2014, heel from 2016, etc.  I also didn't like the off-white of the upper on the 2014's.  

Back
Top Bottom