🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

Agassi’s new profile pic. I’m pretty sure he used it before but who knows, might be a sign of some Nike stuff to come. Almost a month away from the U.S. Open.

24E943FC-1A7E-4444-B531-39C22AF5F9E9.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello All,
I am new here but I am hoping any Agassi Shoe enthusiasts can help me. I have a pair of Orange and Turquoise 3/4 1st gens from 1989. They are still in the box with all original packaging (warranty card, Nike tag on shoe, paper, extra padded sole support and laces). I have never worn them but they are naturally falling apart at the soles. The foam is crumbling and cracking. Do you guys know of any shop that does good at repairing them? Are the original Air-Tech Challenges worth any money to make it worth fixing?
You’ll have to use a tech challenge ii sole. I’ve had this done on a pair of LE air tech challenge ii, and there’s a fit problem with the old and new versions of the sole for the tech challenge ii, and probably will be the same for atc1. You have to go at least a half size up on the donor pair. The guy I had do mine isn’t doing them any longer but what you’re looking for is a “sole swap”.

Nah he wouldn’t be promoting that shoe. It’s not like I would be surprised if he posted a pic wearing it but if wouldn’t be related to it is all I’m saying.

Another look at that shoe. He said it looks like the release is around the US Open. Hopefully some Agassi stuff to come next. Those laces are still hard to understand.

Last edited:
The whole shoe is just so underwhelming to me. We’ve been getting these “take down” models for years, but with the current fad and better materials, all of a sudden they’re ‘fire’. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Welp, another one bites the dust.
28744080487_943f5a10b9_b.jpg

Don't remember if I mentioned this before, but the separation on the OG's was between the white upper and the yellow outsole... while for these 2006's, the separation is between the yellow bit and the teal outsole.

I played a quick bit of tennis yesterday. Really made me want to wear my ATC3s.

Indeed, they are... which was why I was using them on the court... I wanted to beat them up just so they don't go to waste, sitting in the back of my closet.
Gonna need some new tennis shoes... maybe the Air Zoom Zero... if I can find them here.
In the meantime, Lunar Ballistecs.

Reactions: ARK
Ok so this is the really special one. Here is the Olympics SP ATC2 that never happened.

I wanted one inspired by the air zoom challenge that he wore during the Olympics, because it is one of my favorite Agassi models. That’s where the logo embroidery, sole, and variation in texture comes from. The silver on the air zoom challenge is replaced with gold for obvious reasons.

I had Etai reconstruct the pair of Wimbledon2, then sent to @kham for repaint and finishing. @kham ended up going crazy on them. Pics in 2 parts.

AF0CF4AE-DFB1-490C-A7CA-FE07AD34CC9B.jpeg
54B5307E-A47A-4901-A007-D318F783D9FA.jpeg
B43BA2D5-574D-46D7-90F3-25A8D1E4DFCA.jpeg
8DBAF720-5CA2-4962-ABE2-ED37C6A7F496.jpeg
01025643-6989-4A89-8CC9-5D7A038C4C08.jpeg
7D8954A1-4983-4230-BBC1-049F165CF0B5.jpeg
AA3DE484-C0A8-4EEF-B05A-BA2E4B292C37.jpeg
16735373-79AB-43FA-9B2B-B48A23F79CAC.jpeg
8FE7ED53-B86F-48ED-9C59-CC4E24EC9C2F.jpeg
B1100F00-51DE-45D8-8C02-1D0767FCBF40.jpeg

Indeed, they are... which was why I was using them on the court... I wanted to beat them up just so they don't go to waste, sitting in the back of my closet.
Gonna need some new tennis shoes... maybe the Air Zoom Zero... if I can find them here.
In the meantime, Lunar Ballistecs.

I still have the sonic yellow pair ds but wore the other one I had a long time ago. With the volt pairs I have no desire to wear the sonic yellows so I guess I just kept them as a collectible not that they are worth anything.

That was my thought too... was never gonna wear them casually again... might as well use them as beaters or on the courts. Technically still a tennis shoe. I still have a pair of DS Lava's from 2008, but I doubt those will be wearable/playable. I'll just hang onto them in the unlikely event I get AA to auto them.

That was my thought too... was never gonna wear them casually again... might as well use them as beaters or on the courts. Technically still a tennis shoe. I still have a pair of DS Lava's from 2008, but I doubt those will be wearable/playable. I'll just hang onto them in the unlikely event I get AA to auto them.

I wear my 08 pair for tennis and they have held up great! I still have a ds pair that I want to wear but I guess that I am afraid to get them dirty. The 14 pair that I have with the muted color just isn’t the same but still nice.

I like the fit of the '14 more, despite the colors, so that's my casual-wear pair.

I should look on eBay for another pair of ATC3's for tennis. Reasonably cheap the last I checked.

I play in my 3's all the time. All of these retros hold up great for tennis. Yea you can definitely get a pair for a good price. I regret not buying the 2016 lava pair. I guess I didn't do it because of the grey eyelets but if I find a pair in my size I would buy it.

I like the fit of the '14 more, despite the colors, so that's my casual-wear pair.

I should look on eBay for another pair of ATC3's for tennis. Reasonably cheap the last I checked.
Did you get the 16s? They’re my favorite lava retro by far

Back
Top Bottom