🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

No, they're already up on NDC and going to release soon.

She's wearing the same shirt as the one I posted.
Look at the tennis ball in her pic and ones from people who received theirs already which is a vibrant green and look at the NDC pics which is pale green.

The NDC pics aren't accurate
Oh wait, so Petra's shirt is Ember Glow?

Yes, Petra’s shirt is a Ember Glow.

Told y’all

With all the age talk, I may be one of the oldest in the thread at 44 (in 12 days). Turned on tennis in 1989 and saw Andre playing a match. This was before the "hot lava" stuff. He had long hair and denim shorts I'm like? Wait? All tennis players I saw are dressed in all white and short hair. This is different. I say this as the only tennis club that was near my home growing up was for the rich. If you belonged to Highpoint, you had money!! Lots of it.

Fast forward to the fall 1989, and I saw Agassi playing again and he was wearing the spandex tights. I'm freaking out as I only saw basketball players (Jordan) wear these! I'm intrigued. Then spring 1990, Nike unveils the Air Tech Challenge II Hot Lava! WOW!!! Mom took me to the local "mom & pop" shop in Lansdale, PA called Dimmers. If you were from the area (about 25 miles from Philly) and wanted the hottest shoes, AND discounted, you went to Dimmers. Walked in, and wanted them SO BAD! Saw them, held them, $79.99 (they were $89.99 retail) but then Mom asks if I wanted the Air Jordan IV black cements for only $10 more?! She offered? Yeah. But this place had all the hottest stuff. Since I missed the IIs I bought 2 pairs in 2008 and still wear one today.

Mom got me a MacGregor racquet from Clover (a department store) and a can of balls to hit. Went along side the garage as there was the stone driveway (that was made to lead to the back pole barn my dad had built for his cars and a lift to work on them) and I hit, and hit and hit. Leaned tennis the hard way, self-taught. AND watching the Andre Agassi Attack Tennis VHS tapes over and over.

This was the start of my love for this wonderful game. A game that I got pretty darn good at after I graduated high school. Played 3 years, lettered and had fun. All years I played a lower end Donnay (Pro One was a dream to have) My senior team picture I wore the '95 white/black striped Agassi polo from the French with my black/teal LWPs. Year before, Flares, year before that, both the futures and White/Yellow Challenge Huaraches. Even wore the bandana over my head like Agassi in his "pirate phase". Summer that year to mid 2000s I played basically 3 times a week with my HS teammate. I got REAL good. Then he switched jobs and couldn't play in the morning anymore. So I shelved my racquets.

Picked them back up 2018 when my wife & I went to the park to hit. That woke up the fire to play again. And it was like I never stopped! So I got a used Lobster, a few new Prince racquets and a new bag (Nike Tech Court 1) and it's been a blast to play again. Virus kills playing with anyone right now but the machine is very helpful.

This collection coming back is a dream come true. I watched the '90 Final and was really upset he lost. But man did I love the outfit and shoes!! Thankfully I already have the shoes and my wife got me the shirt & jorts for my birthday. 🙏 I've truly moved on in terms of buying shoes after shoes. It's time as the hobby isn't the same (I have a huge Jordan collection among many other shoes). Selling a bunch now as I used to buy instantly. That urge is gone but this release, Challenge Court returning, is different. This release isn't for the hypebeast or for the influencer! It's meant for us! The old school tennis junkies & Nike tennis, Challenge Court & Agassi fans who grew up watching the "image is everything" era Andre Agassi! And this thread is proof that it's the best thread on the entire site. I just hope Nike sees how well it's been received and they keep it going!! Challenge Court should never go away! Keep Nike Court for the proper clean cut stuff (Sampras) and Challenge Court for the rebel!! 👍👍

Well said.

What HS you play tennis at 05fordgt 05fordgt ? I have a friend/coworker that played around that same time as you for a West Chester HS (graduated 95). Wonder if you guys ever played each other :nerd:

Thanks for the DTLR Link! Since only 2XL was available in the red I went with that, still has to be smaller than the black I got from NDC. Copped the XL in white to see if thats better...

I had gotten a 2xl in black shirt from Nike thinking It would run small. It was huge so I went with a XL in the white shirt. Figured the 2xl in the ember shirt would be same as black shirt.

I had gotten a 2xl in black shirt from Nike thinking It would run small. It was huge so I went with a XL in the white shirt. Figured the 2xl in the ember shirt would be same as black shirt.

2XL is my true to size. Modern Nike has run small imo, so I sized up on this one to a 3XL... Big mistake... Have lost some weight during quarantine and the 3XL was ridiculous. I think the XL would probably suit me at this point, but even a 2X will be better

What HS you play tennis at 05fordgt 05fordgt ? I have a friend/coworker that played around that same time as you for a West Chester HS (graduated 95). Wonder if you guys ever played each other :nerd:

Hey buddy, I actually was born in Bucks County and went to CB West HS. They were nationally known for the football program. One of the best in the state let along the eastern part of the country. Coach was Mike Pettine. He was a legend there (though I had him as a teacher during football season, and I'll keep my opinions to myself 😉). His son is now the D coordinator for Green Bay. He got a raw deal in Cleveland. But he's a good coach in the NFL.

The football team got EVERYTHING! We got nothing! Hand me down shirts, etc. It's why I wore my own Nike polos for matches. Honestly, I was on JV all 3 years. I didn't care. I played because I loved it. Everyone on varsity had lessons and had coaches on the side. Not me. So at that time I wasn't nearly as good as I became after I graduated. I stayed for the 3rd year on JV again to get my letter and to just play, stay in shape and have fun. I only live in Chester County as my wife & I found a wonderful house out here. 👍

E1C13F9D-712C-4503-BEA2-FBAC12C74F1C.jpeg
7F88B430-48B6-4B87-B33A-E83AEEE94893.jpeg
A85CCCB3-60DA-42F7-B594-21D82395D9A7.jpeg
E77A5E4A-D7DA-4ABA-957F-9721C20B7909.jpeg

7F2D54A9-9997-4854-BFDF-55ABECB15F22.jpeg

here are some pics of the acid wash jackets.

likei said, i think they are A+++ perfect!

oversized fit - i'm a big bodybuilding guy and xl fits perfect, exactly like the og's. that's why there is no xxl - there wasn't back in 1990 for the og's i think, telling from catalogs and 20 years of ebay searches 😎

100% cotton - so yeah, no real denim, but veeeery close. the grey one looks better than stone blue. cotton is thick and super soft. good quality. made in pakistan however.

cut - slightly differs from the og, but very very close! plenty of room in the arms.

coloring - yeah it's real acid wash. i love it, it's perfect.

this is what i've been waiting for!! these jackets clearly make up for all my disappointments for the polos and long-shorts. amen nike.

Oh no. Do we size down on the denim jackets now lol
Looks like I’ll be ordering L and XL of each to be safe

Reactions: ARK
E1C13F9D-712C-4503-BEA2-FBAC12C74F1C.jpeg
7F88B430-48B6-4B87-B33A-E83AEEE94893.jpeg
A85CCCB3-60DA-42F7-B594-21D82395D9A7.jpeg
E77A5E4A-D7DA-4ABA-957F-9721C20B7909.jpeg

7F2D54A9-9997-4854-BFDF-55ABECB15F22.jpeg

here are some pics of the acid wash jackets.

likei said, i think they are A+++ perfect!

oversized fit - i'm a big bodybuilding guy and xl fits perfect, exactly like the og's. that's why there is no xxl - there wasn't back in 1990 for the og's i think, telling from catalogs and 20 years of ebay searches 😎

100% cotton - so yeah, no real denim, but veeeery close. the grey one looks better than stone blue. cotton is thick and super soft. good quality. made in pakistan however.

cut - slightly differs from the og, but very very close! plenty of room in the arms.

coloring - yeah it's real acid wash. i love it, it's perfect.

this is what i've been waiting for!! these jackets clearly make up for all my disappointments for the polos and long-shorts. amen nike.

Hey buddy, thanks for the photos. If it's okay to ask, what are your measurements? Just want to see how big the jacket is on you when you say it fits perfectly. 👍

If it's 100% it will shrink a little. And since it's 100% drying by line will take a little bit of time. Need to see it on someone to get a good sense of how the fit is.

Oh no. Do we size down on the denim jackets now lol
Looks like I’ll be ordering L and XL of each to be sure

Hey buddy, thanks for the photos. If it's okay to ask, what are your measurements? Just want to see how big the jacket is on you when you say it fits perfectly. 👍

i'm 6'5, wide shoulders, fits perfect, will take apic for ya asap

even if it shrinks, the cotton is ultra soft and stretchy, no problemo.
cuffs are a bit loose, so if they shrink a bit - good 😎

Got my half zip polo. That feeling of nostalgia, the bright colors, the circle zipper, the Challenge Court logo.

Then seeing my Dad belly at the bottom of the shirt. :stoneface:

“Dad” needs to go to the gym :lol:

jk by the way lol. I know how hard it is to stay in shape and Covid was tough on everybody. For it’s worth that shirt is still too short even if you had a six pack.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
Back
Top Bottom