🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

I wasn't around in '89 so I'll take your word for it...but everything that I've seen seems to indicated that Agassi debuted the Hot Lava ATC IIs during his first match against Edberg at the Year End Finals (which would have been in November of that year.)

You said that this was in August of 1989. Is it possible that this was August of 1990?

I'm pretty sure that Agassi didn't switch over to the 3s until the 1990 US Open.

I would think that most retailers would have had the shoes in August of 1990 but probably not in August of 1989 since Agassi was still using the ATC 1 at that time.

No because the black cement 4s would have been LONG GONE by August 1990. The 5s would have been out by then. When I went, the black cements were there as were the Fire Red, which is what he wore the beginning of the 89-90 season before switching over to the white/red fire 5s around the all star break. If it wasn't August, it could have been a bit into the year but it was DEFINITELY before 1990, I'm sure of it. Because when I went, the shop also had the Michael Chang pumps and those were also out in 1989.

I wasn't around in '89 so I'll take your word for it...but everything that I've seen seems to indicated that Agassi debuted the Hot Lava ATC IIs during his first match against Edberg at the Year End Finals (which would have been in November of that year.)

You said that this was in August of 1989. Is it possible that this was August of 1990?

I'm pretty sure that Agassi didn't switch over to the 3s until the 1990 US Open.

I would think that most retailers would have had the shoes in August of 1990 but probably not in August of 1989 since Agassi was still using the ATC 1 at that time.

See my story as well. Definitely 1989.

We also need the ATC III. I need to complete my 2020 reissue outfits. It sucks not having the shoes. :frown:

I just thought of a white , black , hot lava colorway of the 3’s would have been crazy . But I came here to say that man I really hope the flares come back out . Don’t see many people in here talking sbout them . Can’t believe I missed out on the last retro of them

I just bought a new pair of flares off the auction site for about retail.
Wasn’t sure my size would be seen again so had to do it !

About the Air tech challenge II Hot Lava I can say that we had them here in Italy in the summer of 1990 (I am the same age of Andre ) and I remember buying them in July of that year :smile: . I had seen them previously in some italian tennis magazines ( I played tennis so I bought that kind of magazines quite frequently ) and I thought they were beautiful .

48467626-5869-4F24-8D7F-DD055CED4DDA.jpeg

My brother made a fondant cake topper of one of my all time favorites for my birthday. 😁

We definitely need the III's back. The resale prices are crazy, over $500 for my size 12. I have some ds pairs left but I have worn out a bunch so far. If this ATC II release for Fall 2024 is legit then I'm hoping for more Agassi gear for the US Open. Hopefully we get some more surprises in early January and they just continue it throughout the year.

How do the ATC III's compare to the II's in regards to comfort: upper as well as midsole?

See my story as well. Definitely 1989.

Correct, debuted at end of 1989, then he played all of first half of 1990 in ATC II: Lipton/KeyBiscayne in March then into the French Open in May. The MiZappas guy in his Agassi shoe book says he played the French Open in a PE with the ATC II upper with an Air Trainer 1 mid/outsole which is weird, but photos seem to confirm it.

Then the 1990 USO in August had the ATC III yellow.

roland-garros-men-finals-gomez-agassi-in-paris-france-on-june-10th-1990.jpg

Lwwwddddddd remaster reimagine reuse recycle just bring them ATC2 baby baby

Back
Top Bottom