🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava and 2025 Pink Racer🎾

We need retros of EVERYTHING! 👍

I know this is random but it’s Kind of a shame when you find out that amazing Agassi hair was a wig lol I was reading an article about it today . He talks a lot about it in his 2009 autobiography . He started going bald in his late teens like 19 or so

I know this is random but it’s Kind of a shame when you find out that amazing Agassi hair was a wig lol I was reading an article about it today . He talks a lot about it in his 2009 autobiography . He started going bald in his late teens like 19 or so

I teach and, no lie, I have a 2nd grader that it's clear is gonna be bald earrrrrrly. Like he's already got the horseshoe thing going. :lol:

His book is definitely worth a read.

I can still remembered at the time, how so many people could not stop having a go at him for "hating tennis"... but it was such a misleading narrative cuz if they had read the book, they would have known how he, later in his career, came back to love tennis and the life it gave him.

His book is definitely worth a read.

I can still remembered at the time, how so many people could not stop having a go at him for "hating tennis"... but it was such a misleading narrative cuz if they had read the book, they would have known how he, later in his career, came back to love tennis and the life it gave him.

Yeah I definitely wanna read it . Gonna see if it’s on Apple Books . I didn’t know the guy had so many personal struggles and stuff . And I didn’t know he had a period of playing pretty bad . Well bad for his standards . But I’m glad he ended up making a redemption. BUT …Now that he’s back at NIKE …..they could listen to the fans and any day now start pumping out retros lol starting with the challenge 1’s and going all the way to his very last Nike shoe . I know that would never happen in a million years but hey I can dream lol

I remember having these back in the days! Man! How I loved them!

The colorways on some of the women/ low . More obscure tech challenge models especially from what I’ve seen the 2’s 3’s and 4’s .. not sure about the 1’s .. but yeah a lot of those lesser known colorways such as the one pictured above . Are amazing in my opinion

Any of you guys that actually play tennis for fun or for competition whatever . For someone who wants to start out but is in their 30s and is more worried about comfort and stuff than a kid or teenager starting would need to be concerned with . I really like those zoom
Vapor 11s mostly because of the Mac attack colorway . But I read that they’re like bottom heavy and movement isn’t as good . They’re just more bulky with the midsole being pretty large . It also said the zoom didn’t feel all that responsive but overall they’re still great . But then I look at a tennis shoe from a few years before that trend of now even basketball shoes . (Everything is going to the super low cut style .) but when I look at something like the tech challenge 20 . In my brain that looks more like what l always pictured a tennis shoe to look like .it’s higher cut . The midsole isn’t nearly as chunky . Looks very lightweight ..Anyway . Which do y’all recommended for someone my age who wants to start playing ? Sorry for hitting y’all a damn novel lol

Any of you guys that actually play tennis for fun or for competition whatever . For someone who wants to start out but is in their 30s and is more worried about comfort and stuff than a kid or teenager starting would need to be concerned with . I really like those zoom
Vapor 11s mostly because of the Mac attack colorway . But I read that they’re like bottom heavy and movement isn’t as good . They’re just more bulky with the midsole being pretty large . It also said the zoom didn’t feel all that responsive but overall they’re still great . But then I look at a tennis shoe from a few years before that trend of now even basketball shoes . (Everything is going to the super low cut style .) but when I look at something like the tech challenge 20 . In my brain that looks more like what l always pictured a tennis shoe to look like .it’s higher cut . The midsole isn’t nearly as chunky . Looks very lightweight ..Anyway . Which do y’all recommended for someone my age who wants to start playing ? Sorry for hitting y’all a damn novel lol
I've been playing for 22 years. Former coach, academy owner, NTRP 4.5.

I think a lot of people agree that as far as Nike goes the NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor 9.5 is a great shoe. For me it has been the best balance of performance and comfort. Currently on sale on NDC for under $100 (but sizes are starting to dry up)

I think a lot of people agree that as far as Nike goes the NikeCourt Air Zoom Vapor 9.5 is a great shoe. For me it has been the best balance of performance and comfort. Currently on sale on NDC for under $100 (but sizes are starting to dry up)

Thanks a lot man I appreciate the response . Just googled them and they look really nice . That white and teal colorway definitely has a retro 90s sort of look . I think I’ll get those actually

You can also swing on by the Nike Tennis thread where there's more talk about performance products!

s-l1600 (13) (1).png
Those Huaraches...:emoji_heart_eyes:

Back
Top Bottom