🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

s-l1600 - 2024-01-25T015437.766 (1).jpg

I do see the curve you're talking about and never really notice that in my pairs.

Edit: clarifying I only have the white hot lava pair. Those fit me as true to size.

I'm not sure which part you meant... where the grey meets the white on the midsole?

They fit TTS for me.

awesome these are the ones i was going to get. used but look new. good price?

If it's good or not can be subjective as it's a resale price on a used shoe.
Imo if you're comfortable paying that go for it. Shoe looks clean and in good shape. I'm been trying to find my size 12 for a while but cant find anything in a price I was comfortable paying. Less than 200 I might consider it because I really like this colorway.

So, over the weekend, I got an Instagram message from the one and only Tom Andrich. For those who don't know, Tom is the creator of the iconic "Flaming Tennis Ball" logo. He's a great follow on IG as he posts old design sketches of shoes and Challenge Court stuff from years gone past.

Well, he had done a release of some prints of the Flame Ball last year but the time wasn't right for me to grab a signed copy. Fast forward to Sunday, he did a 3rd printing, and the price was more manageable for me (not to say the prior price was high, it was TOTALLY fair, just when your on LTD due to a medical condition, you count all your pennies, if you get my drift).

Anyhow, I have this coming in a few days.

IMG_20240130_210532_680.jpg
IMG_20240130_210538_436.jpg

It will be framed and hung in my garage. I can't wait to finally have a signed copy of the Flame Ball. I honestly put it up there with the Jumpman as one of the most recognizable logos in sports history. Tom also had the Ultramarine/Solar Red print available as well.

IMG_20240130_210548_069.jpg

Both are amazing, but I gotta go with the Neon Yellow. I still remember vividly watching the 1990 US Open (and scoping out his shoes) that late summer. Actually watched the finals while I was at the local Fire company Family picnic (Dad is a now 70+ year volunteer). While everyone was playing softball, and swimming (it was held at the local swim & racquet club), I was up in the club office watching the final. Even my parents wondered where I went 😂 I wasn't gonna miss that (and for perspective, I just turned 14).

If anyone is interested in one of these, go follow Tom on IG and shoot him a message that you want to get put on the list (if he sold out). Just let him know Jeff (05FordGT) sent you. 👍👍

Back
Top Bottom