🎾 OFFICIAL AGASSI RETRO THREAD - ATC II 2024 Hot Lava “aged” retro 🎾

When Nike started doing this aged thing 12/13 years ago I was not a fan. The AM90 AJKO etc looked bad. I think they finally got it right the last few years. Can’t say for sure but the customizers were doing such a good job, perhaps Nike just stole their ideas?

I'm a purist at heart, so I would prefer to not have the aged look, if possible.

However, I must say that the addition of the glow in the dark "hot lava" is a really nice touch.

Lava definitely looks amazing this go round. Really really good job on that part

tech challenge 2s are classics

but the reality is they’re an outlet shoe in terms of demand

should be an easy cop on sale for 60-80 bucks which i will be there for

I got 4 words for you ...good luck with that. As others said, both the last 2 retros never went to the outlets (and if 1 pair is there, it's a return) nor did the last 2 releases hit discount. I'm jumping on the first 11.5 I can find at retail. Then maybe I'll grab a 2nd pair (and I NEVER double up). These won't be plentiful.

the later releases were staggered

stores got em in small bunches sporadically

even snkrs did it

they sold out in seconds then they were back up weeks to months later

only ones I remember really selling well were the black lavas in recent times

I think the lavas did go on sale but it was smaller amounts so they went fast

I’m not telling anyone what to do but I’m def waiting it out

the later releases were staggered

stores got em in small bunches sporadically

even snkrs did it

they sold out in seconds then they were back up weeks to months later

only ones I remember really selling well were the black lavas in recent times

I think the lavas did go on sale but it was smaller amounts so they went fast

I’m not telling anyone what to do but I’m def waiting it out
Only makes sense to wait if you wear a size smaller than 10. No chance these sit in larger sizes.

Only makes sense to wait if you wear a size smaller than 10. No chance these sit in larger sizes.

every single nike retro I’ve bought in the last 2 years were heavily discounted

I have no reason to change my approach

if I miss i miss but I don’t see that happening

got a ds 08 pair too. wonder how it looks.
i started to remove all the stock paper from my kicks around that time.

the 07 and 08 had diff shades of hot lava if I remember correctly.

def wanting a pair
8384210439_99f4c3dbfc_o.jpeg

Last edited:
I got my pair from FTL and they only had 12pairs and I got the only 12 they had

Yep I went to two stores in NYC and bought whatever I could find of the 12''s and they basically had 2 pairs. The black lava release was a mess in the US, the release date didn't have size 11 and up then they just randomly released them later on and they sold out in a second.

Yep I went to two stores in NYC and bought whatever I could find of the 12''s and they basically had 2 pairs. The black lava release was a mess in the US, the release date didn't have size 11 and up then they just randomly released them later on and they sold out in a second.
I sold my black and kept my white I'm in for these I don't mind the pre aged look depending how it's done

Last edited:
I want the future to be, you go to the Nike website, and you can actually pick whatever shoe Nike had made in the past, and it's manufactured for you in 2 -4 weeks and shipped out. So you can get any shoe, in any OG color you want. That would be a dream.
I doubt we’ll ever see that tbh. Would be a nightmare from a production standpoint.

I want the future to be, you go to the Nike website, and you can actually pick whatever shoe Nike had made in the past, and it's manufactured for you in 2 -4 weeks and shipped out. So you can get any shoe, in any OG color you want. That would be a dream.

How much would you be willing to pay for that option? No way that would be cheap to do.

They should still put the ATC out in some acceptable retro form.

The 2015’s were near perfect. If they ever bring the IV’s back I hope the heel print is closer to the og but I’ll take whatever they give us. I am losing hope that they’ll ever retro the 1’s. And I’ll take the 1’s with the II’s tooling at this point.

Last edited:
They won’t do that. They have a model now where they give a little of what you want. Then give you plenty of substitutions. They are beyond blessed to be able to make this work. They will not pivot unless it makes financial sense.

Back
Top Bottom