🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Attachments

• IMG_2268.JPG
    IMG_2268.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2270.JPG
    IMG_2270.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Been checking with friends in UK and nothing yet. Can't imagine Monday holds since we haven't even seen pics, but I've been surprised before. Didn't look back at the original unveil/release, but I'm pretty sure it was around 1st week of US Open b/c he played in them in early round(s).

Been checking with friends in UK and nothing yet. Can't imagine Monday holds since we haven't even seen pics, but I've been surprised before. Didn't look back at the original unveil/release, but I'm pretty sure it was around 1st week of US Open b/c he played in them in early round(s).
Back in 2014, the white ones released, I believe Wednesday morning of the first week of the open. Fed played on Tuesday night and they released the next morning. Could be wrong but that's what I remember. I was there to watch him play and stood in line the next morning. But there were teases from Nike on twitter, there were pics floating around, etc. Same with black ones. Surprise release for world tour finals. But again more teases and pics on the internet. So strange that there's a supposed release date but we haven't heard anything about it and there's no pics. Hmmmm

Last edited:
$10000 for this one shoe!
Just need a cool $20K to complete the pair since both L and R are up on the site.

I was bored and was looking at TW's memoribilla as well. To be honest, why wouldn't anyone well off buy this piece of history?

It's bound to increase in value as well in theory.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Rog...imbledon_2013_Shoe_R/descpageMARF-SW13SL.html

If you recall, this was the "one match wonder" shoe that was ruled illegal and banned by Wimbledon in 2013. Perhaps it's because it technically isn't the match shoe?

I was bored and was looking at TW's memoribilla as well. To be honest, why wouldn't anyone well off buy this piece of history?

If you recall, this was the "one match wonder" shoe that was ruled illegal and banned by Wimbledon in 2013. Perhaps it's because it technically isn't the match shoe?

You're right, he reason nobody ever purchases the Wimbledon 2013 shoes is that the ones they are selling were not actually Federer's shoes. They've got it wrong. The ones they are selling are just the retail version autographed by RF, not his own custom made player-exclusive versions that he wore at Wimbledon.

Just need a cool $20K to complete the pair since both L and R are up on the site.

It's bound to increase in value as well in theory.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Rog...imbledon_2013_Shoe_R/descpageMARF-SW13SL.html

Yeah. Probably Bc it's just the standard general release signed by him. Doesn't look like his outsole. I have a pair of the retail version signed by him. I got them signed personally in Cincinnati a couple years back. He gave me a terrible look while signing them. Guess it brought back bad memories.

You're right, he reason nobody ever purchases the Wimbledon 2013 shoes is that the ones they are selling were not actually Federer's shoes. They've got it wrong. The ones they are selling are just the retail version autographed by RF, not his own custom made player-exclusive versions that he wore at Wimbledon.
Yeah. Probably Bc it's just the standard general release signed by him. Doesn't look like his outsole. I have a pair of the retail version signed by him. I got them signed personally in Cincinnati a couple years back. He gave me a terrible look while signing them. Guess it brought back bad memories.
Makes sense, thank you!

That's very cool experience and nice of him to sign. What were your feelings like when he did sign them? :tongue:

I don't have Fed's signature on anything so that's one thing I would love to try.

Also, I wonder what custom orthopedic insoles ATP pros utilize.

They must be supportive yet on the pliable side...

Makes sense, thank you!

That's very cool experience and nice of him to sign. What were your feelings like when he did sign them? :tongue:

I don't have Fed's signature on anything so that's one thing I would love to try.

Also, I wonder what custom orthopedic insoles ATP pros utilize.

They must be supportive yet on the pliable side...
It's a little bit of a rush when he is signing. Mainly bc of the slight pushing from others jockeying for position and wondering if you will succeed in getting anything signed. As far as the Wimbledon shoe, I took it to Cincy for the sole reason to get signed, so it would've sucked to come away empty handed. The signature is very sloppy on them, but it is indeed his sig. Like I said, he gave me a look, so I think he did it on purpose. Hah. Also got a ball signed that same tourney. Got the 3m vapors signed in Flushing the same year they were released for the Open. He did a much better job on them and the sig is great. Got a hat signed after a match at the ESPN desk a couple years later. It was cool Bc he only signed 2 things after that match so that one felt like a big win.

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpg
    IMG_2370.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2371.jpg
    IMG_2371.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 34
Got my Jump Smash pair in the mail today. feels pretty good. Zoom heel for sure. small rectangle thing in forefoot if there is one. I tried looking under the sock liner but couldn't really tell definitively.

It's a little bit of a rush when he is signing. Mainly bc of the slight pushing from others jockeying for position and wondering if you will succeed in getting anything signed. As far as the Wimbledon shoe, I took it to Cincy for the sole reason to get signed, so it would've sucked to come away empty handed. The signature is very sloppy on them, but it is indeed his sig. Like I said, he gave me a look, so I think he did it on purpose. Hah. Also got a ball signed that same tourney. Got the 3m vapors signed in Flushing the same year they were released for the Open. He did a much better job on them and the sig is great. Got a hat signed after a match at the ESPN desk a couple years later. It was cool Bc he only signed 2 things after that match so that one felt like a big win.

That is awesome! I've been around when there are those huge crowds getting things signed but I've never got involved.
I do have a couple of pairs of signed shoes though, but I wasn't present when he signed them...

Got my Jump Smash pair in the mail today. feels pretty good. Zoom heel for sure. small rectangle thing in forefoot if there is one. I tried looking under the sock liner but couldn't really tell definitively.

That's great to know. I've used the OG and retro Oscillates for years for tennis, pickleball, and legs gym day. So looking forward to trying this update.

That is so sick...oh man that's a lot of victories--amazing man. Sole reason :pimp:. Very desirous of those experiences!

That is awesome! I've been around when there are those huge crowds getting things signed but I've never got involved.
I do have a couple of pairs of signed shoes though, but I wasn't present when he signed them...

Did the 9.5s always have the RF tongue or is that a PE of some sort? Very cool.

I only have regular Vapors but still very lucky to have em

That's sick. I'd love to have some PEs he's worn signed but that usually entails way more money than buying a retail LE and fighting my way up front and sticking them in his face. Haha. Definitely jealous though.

Got the jumpsmash in today. Broke out the USO 97's as well for a comparison. Elephant print would have been nice on the heel, but otherwise a pretty good update. 20170817_184457.jpg 20170817_184538.jpg 20170817_184412.jpg 20170817_184254.jpg

Prefer the OGs, especially the heel and the sole extending up the heel. Thanks for posting.

I might cave on these XX anniversary joints, but only because I'd rather have even the og style release from a year or two (?) ago but can't track them down. I'll wait out a sale here though.

Back
Top Bottom