🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Officially out in the US...

NMV9TBK-2.jpg

NAMC43O-2.jpg

NAMBWG-2.jpg

NAMBGB-2.jpg

Cage would have been greated with something in the forefoot like zoom or lunar. I know the price would go up, but with 6 month guarantee it would be worth it. Has anyone seen those Wilson Rush Pro shoes that are coming out? Kind of slick.

I was SOOOOOoooo pumped for Vapor ID, especially since they are running with the same model for another year. Disappointed at the color blocking options.

Actually getting some iD's? Lots of mock-ups on TalkTennis, but no one's actually said they will purchase! LOL

These?  Interesting.  Some serious forefoot protection, it looks like. 

news_2461_2.JPG

Was expecting a bit more from the Propulse 4's... maybe a different colorway might do the trick.

Babolat-Propulse-4-1.jpeg

@Sinner- yeah that thread died an early death in TalkTennis. Dudes were going on and on about how they wished Nike could ID another shoe other than the 2K12's. Now the Vapors are there and all I see is renditions of other models or the classic ALL BLACK id. Who in the world would do that and pay extra money. The mentality of ******s.:smh:

as for me, the white/yellow adi0 cc feather is on my hit list for the summer!

@Sinner- yeah that thread died an early death in TalkTennis. Dudes were going on and on about how they wished Nike could ID another shoe other than the 2K12's. Now the Vapors are there and all I see is renditions of other models or the classic ALL BLACK id. Who in the world would do that and pay extra money. The mentality of ******s.
mean.gif

as for me, the white/yellow adi0 cc feather is on my hit list for the summer!
LOL, YES... exactly.  Wouldn't mind seeing those Max Cage's on iD though.

The ventilation on those CC Feathers look nuts.  Watching Verdasco rock the black/yellow ones on TV right now... not bad.

Last edited:
no, i mean the other one. the one Feds wearing in the practice pic. im lookin something for my kid but pink is nice too.

Oh, you meant these?

NMV9TBP-1.jpg

Yeah, we got them.  They should still be available right now.  

But for your kid... what size?  Does he play?

yeah thats it! SHE plays in clay/shale. i hope sz7.5 or 8 wouldnt be hard to get there.
tho she feels the ballistic more, im forcing her to like these because i like Fed better than Rafa depending on the surface :lol:

Hahaha... Boooo.  

Wow, red clay? Wait, where do you live?  There is not a single clay court (that I know of) in HK... which is a shame, cuz I'd really like to try it. 

Anyway, for clay, it might be better for you to get HER clay court shoes... which basically means an all-herringbone-pattern outsole.  If you want to get Vapors, be a cool dad and iD some! LOL  You can choose surface-specific outsoles on iD.

Of course, I guess you can still play on clay with those, but the traction should be better with a clay-outsole. 

I think the smallest those Vapors come in are 6.5US... men's size, of course.  Smaller sizes shouldn't be too hard to find here (I think).

Last edited:
im in PI. i already checked out the id's and its a bit a lil bit expensive for me :lol:
playing in clay is tricky... you got to have a great foot work to maneuver your way around the court.

Last edited:
Fortunate to play for a private club team that has two clay and grass courts respectively, plus 6 hard court surfaces. The irony of you guys talking about clay since today was my second time playing on this surface. So. I decided to bust out a pair of my CB clay shoes!

Last edited:
Fortunate to play for a private club team that has two clay and grass courts respectively, plus 6 hard court surfaces. The irony of you guys talking about clay since today was my second time playing on this surface. So. I decided to bust out a pair of my CB clay shoes!

Didn't know there were grass courts in S.A? here in Houston, clay is relatively easy to play on if you know the right people haha. There are a bunch of hydro-clay courts around the city, and I know one club has 4-5 shale courts. No grass courts though :frown:

im in PI. i already checked out the id's and its a bit a lil bit expensive for me
laugh.gif

playing in clay is tricky... you got to have a great foot work to maneuver your way around the court.
Yep, that's what I kinda remembered... but didn't know there were clay courts there as they're generally not that common in Asia!

I check the purple Vapors today and the guy said that the smallest size available is a US7.

Fred, is that Har-Tru? Does it get as messy as red-clay?  Awesome.  I spent a lot of my youth learning on astro-turf, so if there happened to be a lot of sand on a particular turf court, the slipperiness sorta gave it a bit of that clay-feel (I assumed).  I ended up learning how to slide on a sandy-turf court, but with clay it's probably much more consistent, in terms of the court-traction.  Turf courts will re-gain grip if there isn't any sand on it, so in a way, sliding on that can get dangerous. 

What is hydro-clay?

^courts here are mostly shale/sandy but poeple here still called it clay tho :lol:

i have some friends comin there later this month. i hope they can get those vapors in a bargain since its almost CNY by the time they get there.

@Ant- I believe Oak Hills country club here in San Antonio has the ONLY 2 grass courts in the state of Texas ( I believe Dallas might have a few ) They are currently working on them and should be ready by spring time.

@ P- It's har-tru. Clay like and bounces like clay:\. However, I've actually played on the practice courts of Roland Garros in '05 and even a beginner like my wife can return a fairly decent hit shot! It's a great workout and physically taxing on my legs beacuse of my lack of experience on that surface.

Thanks to anhuynh16 for the heads-up.

http://www.sneakerfreaker.com/sneaker-releases/Nike-Zoom-Vapor-9-Tour-volt/

nike-vapor-tour-9-volt-side-1.jpg

nike-vapor-tour-9-volt-det-2-1.jpg

nike-vapor-tour-9-volt-det-1.jpg

nike-vapor-tour-9-volt-pair-1.jpg

Fred ~ I guess it's probably hard initially, but once you get the hang and mentality of sliding into your shots (as opposed to running, slowing-down & planting) it should become pretty second-nature?  I also think it'd be soooo tricky to judge how much to slide towards the ball.  If you slide-short, you'll end up having to stretch for the shot, while if you slide-long the ball will be too close to your body. 

This is interesting. Fed was supposed to wear the anthracite/pink Vapors for Oz, but according to Nike Tennis FB, Fed was given 4 iD Vapors for Oz and wants people to vote. 

Here are the 4...

Note: these are his actual PE's... not the retail model.

Posted the full-rez for the detail.

741005_10152372912980332_719655035_o.jpg

472554_10152372913165332_1837034915_o.jpg

737425_10152372912990332_1987650226_o.jpg

740738_10152372913155332_1690089912_o.jpg

741176_10152372912985332_385906033_o.jpg

Last edited:
3rd one I like best- He shoulda worn pinks of volts. I would rather not pay retail for either if possible seeing as I only paid about 120 total for white/volt/reds, and "agassis"

BHM for Serena... after a scary tumble.

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+6JOLCjHAR1dx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+KYwQbM97RgIx.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+HDheOFaC4_cx.jpg

Vika with the creepy Foo lookin' on...

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+2MrYgG7MdE8x.jpg

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+IPjC6jHV3QQx.jpg

Bernie rockin' the neon Vapor 9's already.

2013+Australian+Open+Day+2+gUwVef6jbbsx.jpg

This was from Kooyong, but the outfit is the same.

Juan+Martin+Del+Potro+AAMI+Classic+Day+3+PVXhWyggavDx.jpg

The fans were going crazy today....

:lol: I hope someone posts pics...cause I couldn't find some...dudes were doing magic shows....running around the arena

Surprised security let them stay...

Back
Top Bottom