🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread 🎾

Looks like there will be another 'Legend' version of the ZVT 9.5 Flyknit (with Fed's 5x US Open trophy count). Hope it's better than that awful emerald green one last year.

From that catalog posted above:

MEN’S ZOOM VAPOR 9.5 TOUR FLYKNIT LG
JIVST1 Paramount Blue/Black/ Ghost Green/White

What was the official story with those emerald ones? I seem to remember them getting pulled online and at the Nike tent at the USO and the employees would act like they didn't know what you were talking about. Word was an issue with using the trophys image or something with usta and there was legal action? There's pairs on the big auction site but I would think they'd go for more since the shoes were pulled and there aren't as many pairs as could be out there. Just wondering?

Looks like there will be another 'Legend' version of the ZVT 9.5 Flyknit (with Fed's 5x US Open trophy count). Hope it's better than that awful emerald green one last year.

From that catalog posted above:

MEN’S ZOOM VAPOR 9.5 TOUR FLYKNIT LG
JIVST1 Paramount Blue/Black/ Ghost Green/White

I told about it before French Open. I know manufacture id of this pair, but Nike dropped them. It should be Rogers's "Legend" pair with 2009 year trophy. But he didn't come to Paris. And we saw non-Legend version on grass pre-Wimbledon tournaments.

Nike_NYMade_1_Roger_nodate_native_600.png

Nike athletes in the US Open line. Fed and Nadal in the red socks/shoes looks pretty lame with the night session black gear.

I told myself I have enough Vapors to play tennis in for many years, but I'm really digging the black and red socks/red flyknit contrast here.

I reckon they will go quicker than other 9.5s.

Also, the AJ3 release I particularly like better than the other 2 initial releases--I think the elephant print fits better with the shoe pictured above just my opinion.

Any small tips for someone who haven't really looked into getting AJ3 x RF collabs? I do realize they are quite sought after and for good reason.
Would the sneakers mobile app be better than web browser?

Also, TW has both the new Nikes and new Pharrell William collabs from Adidas.
Nike: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Nike_Tennis_Shoes/catpage-MSNIKE.html

Adi: http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/adidas_Mens_Tennis_Shoes/catpage-MSADIDAS.html
Yet to see Ubersonic 3s for the men's side; only women's for sale so far.

Last edited:
The Open never carried the Jordan Vapors including the night he Jordan was there. I was there that night.

Last edited:
so you think they will be somewhere in nyc during the final week of the open? ill be there from sept 6 to the 14th

I'm curious as to what the stock/inventory will be. I wonder if they made enough for the whole 5 days the pop up will be open. Or what? One of the sneaker sites said future release TBD. So I assume the only place to get them will be pop up shop u til future details are released (which hopefully, in your case, includes the last week of the open.

Niketown carried a lot of thw white pairs. The black pairs definitely seemed more limited.

Sure but the black ones were also available in London because of the WTF.

Exciting times! I was in NYC for last years Open, looks like I picked the wrong year!

I remember when the white cement pair released, Roger premiered them during a "night session" (with Jordan in his players box) the shoe was later released (maybe 1-2 days later) through NikeLab on NDC (i was lucky enough to grab a pair)

With the black cements i'm not sure if those released online? (had to pay $400 on ebay when they released)

I have no doubt these will release online, gotta try and stay patient and not get sucked into buying them on ebay

Back
Top Bottom