🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

My pair is about 99% perfect so I can live with that. :nthat:

Hopefully a good result for Fed tonight... thinking Delpo is going to be too worn out from the Thiem match so I'm thinking a straight set win.
Well, Delpo really only played 3 sets against Thiem... :lol:

Still not sure why Fed wore those grey flyknits in practice last week

Maybe it's a special shoe to wear for the final like the blue ones Nadal never got to wear at the french open that year when soderling beat him.
Just guessing. I have no idea lol

Maybe it's a special shoe to wear for the final like the blue ones Nadal never got to wear at the french open that year when soderling beat him.
Just guessing. I have no idea lol
Got a link to those? I'm curious how they look.

****...that volley from Fed is top 10 misses for him.

Reminds me of when Roddick missed that put away volley second set TB at Wimbledon finals in 2009 against Federer.

2009 repeats itself tonight, it's some eerie stuff.

He just never got his rhythm in the tournament. But after this successful year, there's no reason to complain at all.
Overall I expected the match to be on a much higher level. Neither Roger nor Delpo impressed me with this performance.

I think all Fed fans (including myself) got a bit greedy for the US Open. If going into the year you said Fed wins a major, everyone would be thrilled. If you said he wins two, everyone would be ecstatic. Who knows, maybe he could even grab the year end #1. If he did that, it'd have to be one of his greatest years ever, despite what seems like a missed opportunity at USO 17

Last edited by a moderator:
So ticked at UPS. My vapors were delivered to a wrong address at 1024pm last night. WTF! Now they have to do an investigation on where it's at. Come on how can i receive a message at 1008pm saying it will be delivered another day and 16 minutes later it gets delivered and supposedly at my front door. UPS has never delivered that late for me.

I think all Fed fans got a bit greedy for the US Open. If going into the year you said Fed wins a major, everyone would be thrilled. If you said he wins two, everyone would be ecstatic. Who knows, maybe he could even grab the year end #1. If he did that, it'd have to be one of his greatest years ever, despite what seems like a missed opportunity at USO 17

All very true. I expected 0 majors this year so to win 2 is amazing. Unfortunately 3 was within reach so it sucks to miss that chance but I can't be too upset about it with the year he's had. And if he wins World Tour Finals even better.

I think all Fed fans (including myself) got a bit greedy for the US Open. If going into the year you said Fed wins a major, everyone would be thrilled. If you said he wins two, everyone would be ecstatic. Who knows, maybe he could even grab the year end #1. If he did that, it'd have to be one of his greatest years ever, despite what seems like a missed opportunity at USO 17
Well said.

It's good to step back and say that we can witness a 19 GS legend play at a high level at 36 years of age!

Hats off to Juan--this was a win-win match up for me since it's a comeback story or Fedal.

Gives the US open and us something to look out for and chase that Federer-Nadal meeting, better yet final.

Roger's press conference--it's Dad Roger, he's clearly matured even more so and has a bigger picture perspective. I'll link it here:

Back
Top Bottom