🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Are these still releasing?
1641999229704.jpeg

1641999247437.jpeg

I get where you’re coming from but from a business perspective, it’s much cheaper to put a different color scheme in a similar mock-up each year/season. Nikes margins are HUGE! The Agassi re-do line sold very well but Nike saw regular profit margins. They don’t get the money made from the secondary market which is where the stuff got expensive.

Also, that was a niche product release. A lot of people spent hundreds of dollars for some nostalgia. I’m willing to bet that the same group wouldn’t spend that much again for another line. I think they(also I) would spend some, but not nearly as much. Lightening in a bottle only happens every so often.

Just my take. With that being said, I want so many pieces from late 90s early 2000s that Andre, Moya, Rios, and Hewit wore. And while I’m at it, PLEASE give me some LWPs!

I'm sure it is cheaper to just change colors. But it's also easier to take the inevitable loss on all the clothing they will take as it won't sell out and they didn't spend the extra $$$ for designs and such. And let's be honest here, they saw better profit margins with the Challenge Court relaunch (because it all sold at retail and barely saw discounts at retailers) vs all this rehashed stuff coming for AO, FO, W & USO. It's the same regurgitated stuff with no pop or pizzazz.

No one wants this stuff. EVERYONE jumped at the Challenge Court stuff. I was the person who posted those catalog pics that summer months beforehand and was also the one who helped scrub the catalog pics off here and other social media sites thanks to a few good people in the Agassi thread (I got a call from the shop I took the pics from who let's say, we're NOT happy I posted them). But the day I posted them, everyone freaked out with excitement as it was the coolest thing to happen to Nike Tennis in years!

And it wasn't a "niche" release when shops sold out quickly and you couldn't find restocks on anything. And don't think for a minute that the same people wouldn't buy another batch of Challenge Court stuff if Nike launched it.

The thought was they would do his 1991 French Open outfit and EVERYONE was stoked for it IF it happened (which it did not). But to say that people wouldn't buy it again is simply nonsense. If they would relaunch another round, I'd take your bet and would gladly take the payout when I'm proven right. Come join the Agassi thread and see how badly we want more of his stuff. Anything at this point. And everyone would spend hundreds on stuff without a 2nd thought! The old Futurama meme
download.png

This is what people would do for any new Agassi line. French 91, USO 91 (ATC IV would blow up the social media waves), USO 94 with a new Air Flare retro, and a whole new relaunch of Grunge tennis with the LWP line and the kit from AO & FO 1995. All this would sell INCREDIBLY well. The best would be IF Nike decided to take their head out of their *** and retro the ATC 1 with his original clothing. That would go over incredibly well. Again, I'm not making this up and I'm not alone. Come over and see for yourself in the Agassi retro thread. 👍

I'm sure it is cheaper to just change colors. But it's also easier to take the inevitable loss on all the clothing they will take as it won't sell out and they didn't spend the extra $$$ for designs and such. And let's be honest here, they saw better profit margins with the Challenge Court relaunch (because it all sold at retail and barely saw discounts at retailers) vs all this rehashed stuff coming for AO, FO, W & USO. It's the same regurgitated stuff with no pop or pizzazz.

No one wants this stuff. EVERYONE jumped at the Challenge Court stuff. I was the person who posted those catalog pics that summer months beforehand and was also the one who helped scrub the catalog pics off here and other social media sites thanks to a few good people in the Agassi thread (I got a call from the shop I took the pics from who let's say, we're NOT happy I posted them). But the day I posted them, everyone freaked out with excitement as it was the coolest thing to happen to Nike Tennis in years!

And it wasn't a "niche" release when shops sold out quickly and you couldn't find restocks on anything. And don't think for a minute that the same people wouldn't buy another batch of Challenge Court stuff if Nike launched it.

The thought was they would do his 1991 French Open outfit and EVERYONE was stoked for it IF it happened (which it did not). But to say that people wouldn't buy it again is simply nonsense. If they would relaunch another round, I'd take your bet and would gladly take the payout when I'm proven right. Come join the Agassi thread and see how badly we want more of his stuff. Anything at this point. And everyone would spend hundreds on stuff without a 2nd thought! The old Futurama meme
download.png

This is what people would do for any new Agassi line. French 91, USO 91 (ATC IV would blow up the social media waves), USO 94 with a new Air Flare retro, and a whole new relaunch of Grunge tennis with the LWP line and the kit from AO & FO 1995. All this would sell INCREDIBLY well. The best would be IF Nike decided to take their head out of their *** and retro the ATC 1 with his original clothing. That would go over incredibly well. Again, I'm not making this up and I'm not alone. Come over and see for yourself in the Agassi retro thread. 👍

A7A01053-EDAD-41A8-B0C7-DFA084D920FF.gif

Back
Top Bottom