🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

ANDRE! 

nerd.gif

And for those wondering, they appear to be the Zoom Vapor 9's.

NMV9TRG-1.jpg

Last edited:

WTF colorways.
That looks like the Summer colorway that was released, but with a blue swoosh.

I like last year's colorways a lot better.  The WTF colorway was awesome, I'm so mad I didn't grab a pair for myself.  

That looks like the Summer colorway that was released, but with a blue swoosh.

I like last year's colorways a lot better.  The WTF colorway was awesome, I'm so mad I didn't grab a pair for myself.  
Yeah I like last year's as well. Shame you missed out on the Flame pair, I think they hit some outlets at one point and I kinda wish I had a second pair. What size do you wear? I'll keep a look out for you.

Actually wore mine for casual Friday at work last week.

Yeah I like last year's as well. Shame you missed out on the Flame pair, I think they hit some outlets at one point and I kinda wish I had a second pair. What size do you wear? I'll keep a look out for you.

Actually wore mine for casual Friday at work last week.
Appreciate it, man.  I am a Size 12.  That colorway, along with the US Open 2012 (picture below), are so clean.

I ordered the black/pink colorway off of eBay today.  It was more than I wanted to pay, but I need a pair of good tennis shoes, so it should be worth it.

I'm a size 12 as well so no problem about keeping the lookout for you. My friend has that navy pair, it's definitely a nice one. There's a LE US Open pair that's a brighter blue than that, but usually runs in the $200+ range since it was only available at the Open I believe.

The blocking is similar, but different shades.

NMV9TPW-1.jpg

NMV9TGB-1.jpg

Anyway, better quality photos.

NM43VB-1.jpg

NAMCBWV-1.jpg

Delpo rockin' this colorway already...

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

As has Fed.

1000x.jpg

Last edited:
I would still like to get my hands on that "knicks" like usopen colorway at some point in 11/11.5. Never seem to see those sizes on the Bay. I really like the navy/red as well- which also isn't terribly easy to come by. I can do without this year's wtf CWs all together. Definitely should scooped 2 pair instead of one from last year. Oh well.

hmmmm....I think I just might pick up a pair of the cages to play in. Have been using the white and volt cb 4.3 and flame pack breath 2k12. Going to retire the flame pack, and add the Babolat propulse 3(like everyone and their mom had it seemed.) to the rotation for fall/winter.

Oh boy, RF Brogues with dust bag.  Let the unnecessary hype train start rolling.

Nike execs be like

@heidiburgett: Roger Federer's "Savile Row" Zoom Vapor 9 Tour LE drops Nov. 4
"The "Savile Row" Zoom Vapor 9 Tour LE will be available in limited quantity from Nike select retailers worldwide beginning Nov. 4, 2013."

I really hope I can get a pair after reading that sentence.  I'm liking the color (looks like Green Glow!), and I think it's neat how it's a tennis shoe that looks like a work/dress shoe.

Last edited:
Let the hype begin!

But you're probably not gonna wanna play in these... just look at the toebox.  Toe-draggers will tear that leather up in a minute.

It'll be interesting to see what Fed's PE will look like... re-enforced bits. 

nike_tennis_savilerow_7_detail.jpg

nike_tennis_savilerow_15_detail.jpeg

Last edited:

Yeah I like the uniqueness of the shoe. Hopefully not too hard to get for those of us who actually want it. The Facebook post also says it will be on NDC so hopefully that is the case.

Here are some more pics:

http://nikeinc.com/news/limited-edition-roger-federer-savile-row-zoom-vapor-9-tour-le

And no mention of price.. I wouldn't be surprised if it were in the $175 range.
Yea I'm hoping we will get a fair chance at the shoes.  It's weird that the shoes are dropping on a Monday though.

And yea, I would not be at all surprised in a price increase.  I mean, the 3M US Open shoes were $150, so I expect these to be the same, if not higher, than that price.

Let the hype begin!

But you're probably not gonna wanna play in these... just look at the toebox.  Toe-draggers will tear that leather up in a minute.

It'll be interesting to see what Fed's PE will look like... re-enforced bits. 

nike_tennis_savilerow_7_detail.jpg
Yea, these wouldn't be a good idea for play.  Strictly for casual wear or for collecting.

I just started regularly playing tennis again so I've been searching for Vapor 9s to buy but I'm not really into the available colorways. The older ones that are harder to find (pretty much only on ebay nowadays) were way nicer imo.

I feel a little crazy for considering this CW to play in lol. They do look sweet and I don't have an issue with wear and tear. It's mostly ventilation that worries me. 

Back
Top Bottom