🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Can’t wait for the new Vapors 2022. Babolast from the TT Forum has said more info is coming on the next months. Hopefully wider and rounder toe box, straight laces, leave behind the thin neoprene tongue and bring back the padded tongue. And please, no inward slanted midsole. We know you are reading Nike haha (hopefully)
They have been slanting for a very long time... I would not expect a change in that regard. It actually works well with a wide stance

So goods that arrived today

Attachments

• 1B627CC8-4927-44FC-B7BB-F41DD3C549B2.jpeg
    1B627CC8-4927-44FC-B7BB-F41DD3C549B2.jpeg
    271 KB · Views: 226
  • 07FB43B9-E947-441B-9786-08330B2F2DE2.jpeg
    07FB43B9-E947-441B-9786-08330B2F2DE2.jpeg
    316.4 KB · Views: 1,260
They have been slanting for a very long time... I would not expect a change in that regard. It actually works well with a wide stance
True, two gens, however not the most favored. Can give problems to the ankle, knees, joints. The majority of the time is not in that position, I think that makes the centered midsole better.

A friend of mine is testing the new Vapor so I got a brief look last night in our group play. Tongue is definitely more padded than Vapor Pro but is still not a more traditional tongue like the 9-10. Shoe has a drag guard similar to the Vapor NXT on the medial side of toe box but you can tell the shoe is lighter overall than that model. Heel counter seemed closer in design to the 9/9.5 than the X or Pro. Nice black and white color scheme

He’s pretty OCD about their test policies so no pics. I have another friend in the same test right now who will probably give me a closer look if I can get on court with him

A friend of mine is testing the new Vapor so I got a brief look last night in our group play. Tongue is definitely more padded than Vapor Pro but is still not a more traditional tongue like the 9-10. Shoe has a drag guard similar to the Vapor NXT on the medial side of toe box but you can tell the shoe is lighter overall than that model. Heel counter seemed closer in design to the 9/9.5 than the X or Pro. Nice black and white color scheme

He’s pretty OCD about their test policies so no pics. I have another friend in the same test right now who will probably give me a closer look if I can get on court with him
The new vapors are the new NXTs that I posted on my last picture? Cuz I can give you a hell of a review of those! Let me know if you’re interested.

The new vapors are the new NXTs that I posted on my last picture? Cuz I can give you a hell of a review of those! Let me know if you’re interested.
No, seems lile he's talking about an update of the VAPOR NXT no ZOOM NXT two completly different shoes just by the description of the medial guard. Hope some pics will come since the Vapor nxt lack some cushioning on the tongue and make the shoe unbearable but the cushioning was really good

No, seems lile he's talking about an update of the VAPOR NXT no ZOOM NXT two completly different shoes just by the description of the medial guard. Hope some pics will come since the Vapor nxt lack some cushioning on the tongue and make the shoe unbearable but the cushioning was really good

Based on what I saw and how the shoe looks, it looks like a replacement for the Pro with elements of the Vapor NXT (drag guard) brought to it. Drag guard is not as big as the NXT but is more present than that of the current Pro. Tongue is more padded than current Pro or NXT but is still a uni-tongue design

I suppose it could still be an Vapor NXT replacement but I didn’t get a close enough look to see what the midsole setup was. To me it just looked too light and streamlined for it to be an update to that

Based on what I saw and how the shoe looks, it looks like a replacement for the Pro with elements of the Vapor NXT (drag guard) brought to it. Drag guard is not as big as the NXT but is more present than that of the current Pro. Tongue is more padded than current Pro or NXT but is still a uni-tongue design

I suppose it could still be an Vapor NXT replacement but I didn’t get a close enough look to see what the midsole setup was. To me it just looked too light and streamlined for it to be an update to that
Wow! If thats the case that might be the fastest update for a speed oriented shoe and I thought the Vapor NXT have the lowest scores and not much visibility in the pro tour. Thanks for the info

Wow! If thats the case that might be the fastest update for a speed oriented shoe and I thought the Vapor NXT have the lowest scores and not much visibility in the pro tour. Thanks for the info

Yeah I mean I don’t know. Like I said he’s super paranoid about Nikes rules for testing so I didn’t get to really examine it and have not worn any Nikes personally in awhile outside of Zeros. Just didn’t look beefy enough to be a Cage or NXT update but I could always be wrong. I’d say Cage would be more likely than NXT now that I think about it some more.

If I can hit with my other friend I’ll know more bc he doesn’t care and has let me take pics and stuff of other test models he’s had.

Yeah I mean I don’t know. Like I said he’s super paranoid about Nikes rules for testing so I didn’t get to really examine it and have not worn any Nikes personally in awhile outside of Zeros. Just didn’t look beefy enough to be a Cage or NXT update but I could always be wrong. I’d say Cage would be more likely than NXT now that I think about it some more.

If I can hit with my other friend I’ll know more bc he doesn’t care and has let me take pics and stuff of other test models he’s had.
Maybe if they take the same path as the new barricade, the new Cage will be less durable, lighter and softer. Hopefully you will be able to see a bit more details of it

I really like the Vapor Pros, hopefully these aren’t a replacement, unless they’re even better 😜

Back
Top Bottom