🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

inaugural-2023-pickleball-slam.webp

Where did you find that deal? Pretty good even if combination not for you.
Burlington Coat Factory, if you are from the US you’d know that it’s a discount clothing store that has clothes from seasons past. The crew was my size too but I didn’t need it. I also found the Roland Garros crew (medical clinic scrubs imo) from that year too for $17 in my size and passed on that as well.

Burlington Coat Factory, if you are from the US you’d know that it’s a discount clothing store that has clothes from seasons past. The crew was my size too but I didn’t need it. I also found the Roland Garros crew (medical clinic scrubs imo) from that year too for $17 in my size and passed on that as well.
Thanks

I grew up in Seattle where I played tennis a lot of the year indoors (Seattle tennis center if u know the area).
Now living in FL I can’t believe there’s literally zero indoor places to play and it really is unbearably hot to play outside majority of the year. I don’t love pickleball but I introduced my wife to it and she got addicted. This sport is taking over. I been saying if there was an indoor facility it would be JAM packed 365 days a year. Kids (after school programs) to old people. My idea would be to have both tennis and pickleball. I think a lot of pickleball and tennis players have this mentality that they don’t want to pay to play. But I still think if someone did this, it would blow up.

I guess there’s rec centers that do pickleball on their basketball courts but that’s not the same experience imo

I grew up in Seattle where I played tennis a lot of the year indoors (Seattle tennis center if u know the area).
Now living in FL I can’t believe there’s literally zero indoor places to play and it really is unbearably hot to play outside majority of the year. I don’t love pickleball but I introduced my wife to it and she got addicted. This sport is taking over. I been saying if there was an indoor facility it would be JAM packed 365 days a year. Kids (after school programs) to old people. My idea would be to have both tennis and pickleball. I think a lot of pickleball and tennis players have this mentality that they don’t want to pay to play. But I still think if someone did this, it would blow up.

I guess there’s rec centers that do pickleball on their basketball courts but that’s not the same experience imo
Here in West Michigan we have seven indoor clubs that have closed and none due to bankruptcy. The existing ones are being taken over by Pickleball 😩. Hard to believe no indoor facilities in Georgia or Florida. I imagine Seattle had great players, coaches, and facilities.

Yesterday I went to the cinema to see the documentary film “Air” that tells how Nike did the impossible to recruit Michael Jordan and launch the legendary Air Jordan line, that was in 1984 and it makes me think that the boys from Nike on Agassi being recruited in 1986 two years after recruiting Jordan, and then releasing his line, I find it disrespectful that a legend like Agassi and basically from the same era as Jordan has to be cast only a few times unlike from Jordan that has its own line that launches products from time to time, of course they are different markets, but the air tech challengers today are a Hypebeast shoe loved by collectors of all sports as well as the clothes and not to mention the sales that Nike can have, that is, a line the same as Jordan's and Osaka's have it as they have Nadal's

Back
Top Bottom