🎾 Official Nike Tennis (and other brands as well) Thread

Hit tennis balls for the first time in over 20 years today. Wow, so much fun, using the zoom NXT and the Wilson Six One 95 Pro Staff. What a great racket, try one if you get a chance.

LFG boys.
What is that, like, at least 8-10g of lead??? 😮

IMG_1677.jpeg
IMG_1678.jpeg
IMG_1679.jpeg

36 grams total.

I used to use a heavier stick, I’m not a young man anymore. Pickleball is a lot of fun, but the strings have been calling me.

Do you still play? If so, what is your weapon of choice?
That's quite a bit of wait... and mostly in the hoop! DIY Wilson Hammer! What's the static weight now?

I played weekly up until the pandemic started. Looking to try to get back into it.

Weapon of choice is the Prince Graphite 100. Played with the POG for years, but always felt that the 110 headsize was just a tad too big. This 100 is perfect. Added a few grams around the hoop for a bit more stability, for a static weight of around 340-350g.

That's quite a bit of wait... and mostly in the hoop! DIY Wilson Hammer! What's the static weight now?

I played weekly up until the pandemic started. Looking to try to get back into it.

Weapon of choice is the Prince Graphite 100. Played with the POG for years, but always felt that the 110 headsize was just a tad too big. This 100 is perfect. Added a few grams around the hoop for a bit more stability, for a static weight of around 340-350g.

Nice choice.

I don’t have a scale but online reviews state that the static weight is ~360 grams with a single overlay. Add the 36 g of lead and we’re ~400 grams.

Nice racket but I do miss my 6.0 85 pro staff.

Good discussion.

Hearing rumblings nike have signed a top male player for the 2024 season.

Once I can get this comformed I will reveal the player.
Zverev?
Whatever happened to Ruud going to Nike btw lol

IIRC, another rumor was that, at the time, Adi had to choose between Andy and Novak... and went with Andy.
Why the let him go to ST after winning AO 08 makes no sense. He had like 4 slams by the time Murray won Wimbledon lol

Last edited:
Nice choice.

I don’t have a scale but online reviews state that the static weight is ~360 grams with a single overlay. Add the 36 g of lead and we’re ~400 grams.

Nice racket but I do miss my 6.0 85 pro staff.

Good discussion.
That's quite a hefty stick! Figured you'd ease in the weight, considering that you haven't played in so many years, but if your shoulder/arm can handle it, then go for it.

What's your string setup? I'm traditional in that I stick with my trusty Prince Syn Gut. None of that poly for me... no, thanks. 😅

Adimove could also be Zverev or Felix? Contract expiration dates are probably available on line for those interested enough to research.
Head & Wilson looking a little lacklustre atm with the polarising Novak approaching his use by, and Zverev, Rublev, Sinner, Fritz & Karen somewhat lacking performance & charisma in varying degrees & Tsitsi not fly.
Babolat appear to have managed their own Sampras to Fed baton change.
The tide keeps on turning, turning, turning, into the future - meaning that my jungle ZVC4s are just around the corner.
8)

Last edited:
Adimove could also be Zverev or Felix? Contract expiration dates are probably available on line for those interested enough to research.
Head & Wilson looking a little lacklustre atm with the polarising Novak approaching his use by, and Zverev, Rublev, Sinner, Fritz & Karen somewhat lacking performance & charisma in varying degrees & Tsitsi not fly.
Babolat appear to have managed their own Sampras to Fed baton change.
The tide keeps on turning, turning, turning, into the future - meaning that my jungle ZVC4s are just around the corner.
8)
Would be surprised if FAA went back to Nike even though I thought he was a good fit. He just left what like 2 years ago (?) not to mention he’s had a poor season so not sure what he’s leveraging after they just canned Dimitrov of all people

Back
Top Bottom