🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

The mandatory ranking before a new album drops:

NWTS - easily his best work, cohesive, perfect balance of everything from rapping/singing, topics, flows etc

TC - Another great album, 2-3 song swap away from being 'classic'...most personal album of his...probably the best display of his authentic sound

*not an official album* IYRTITL - Banger after banger, could've easily been a standalone album with some minor adjustments...I personally revisit this album the most out of all

Views - it was ok...sounded very hollow, no real direction on the album, monstrous singles (One Dance, Controlla)...IYRTITL should've/could've been this album

TML - I understand the need for this album, introduction to Drake, but of all the ways this album could've gone...it just felt "forced" in a lot of spots

Last edited by a moderator:
If You're Reading to me is his best work, can't skip a single track and 1-12 is probably the strongest 1-12 as you're gonna find to start off any album

Nothing Was the Same is up there too

NWTS - easily his best work, cohesive, perfect balance of everything from rapping/singing, topics, flows etc

TC - Another great album, 2-3 song swap away from being 'classic'...most personal album of his...probably the best display of his authentic sound

*not an official album* IYRTITL - Banger after banger, could've easily been a standalone album with some minor adjustments...I personally revisit this album the most out of all

Views - it was ok...sounded very hollow, no real direction on the album, monstrous singles (One Dance, Controlla)...IYRTITL should've/could've been this album

TML - I understand the need for this album, introduction to Drake, but of all the ways this album could've gone...it just felt "forced" in a lot of spots

Great rankings

giphy.gif

Last edited:

I concur with this evaluation 

I'm giving this ***** Drake ONE more chance.

If he don't come thru with a take care X nwts level of a complete project......I'm done with trying to listen to full projects by him.

Will just wait for the good hit singles if this dissapoints and sounds disjointed like views.

Going to play all the albums this week before "More Life" drops.

Monday - TML
Tuesday - Take Care
Wednesday - NWTS
Thursday - IYRT
Friday - Views
Saturday - More Life

:smokin

I'm giving this ***** Drake ONE more chance.

If he don't come thru with a take care X nwts level of a complete project......I'm done with trying to listen to full projects by him.

Will just wait for the good hit singles if this dissapoints and sounds disjointed like views.

I think he knows he dropped the ball on Views, I think he'll come correct this time around

Back
Top Bottom