🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

VIEWS FROM THE BANK: Drake’s latest surprise is an album containing 20 newly recorded tracks that will drop on 3/18. The new album will probably have its premiere on Beats 1, but will it be an Apple exclusive? Apple Music is at 20m subscribers, 10m in the U.S., still far below Spotify’s 50m paid, with 15m in the U.S., according to rights holders. While that is likely a non-issue for Drake, who is guaranteed a #1 album no matter what, it surely matters to Apple. Chatter has it that the Views two-week exclusive was responsible for 1m new Apple Music subscribers. If that’s true, Apple recoups that $20m they reportedly gave Drake in just 60 days—a win-win for all—making those big paydays to artists look like easy money.

VIEWS FROM THE BANK: Drake’s latest surprise is an album containing 20 newly recorded tracks that will drop on 3/18. The new album will probably have its premiere on Beats 1, but will it be an Apple exclusive? Apple Music is at 20m subscribers, 10m in the U.S., still far below Spotify’s 50m paid, with 15m in the U.S., according to rights holders. While that is likely a non-issue for Drake, who is guaranteed a #1 album no matter what, it surely matters to Apple. Chatter has it that the Views two-week exclusive was responsible for 1m new Apple Music subscribers. If that’s true, Apple recoups that $20m they reportedly gave Drake in just 60 days—a win-win for all—making those big paydays to artists look like easy money.

Lol sheesh.

The mandatory ranking before a new album drops:

NWTS - easily his best work, cohesive, perfect balance of everything from rapping/singing, topics, flows etc

TC - Another great album, 2-3 song swap away from being 'classic'...most personal album of his...probably the best display of his authentic sound

*not an official album* IYRTITL - Banger after banger, could've easily been a standalone album with some minor adjustments...I personally revisit this album the most out of all

Views - it was ok...sounded very hollow, no real direction on the album, monstrous singles (One Dance, Controlla)...IYRTITL should've/could've been this album

TML - I understand the need for this album, introduction to Drake, but of all the ways this album could've gone...it just felt "forced" in a lot of spots

Almost agreed with everything but "Nothing was the Same" seemed boring as hell to me, it was good nonetheless. I'ma have to give "Take Care" as Champagne Magnum Opus. That album is damn near flawless. So long in length but so well put together.

Chris Uño‏ @CRS_One
"I heard it's gonna be 30 tracks on there...hope you got that Apple Music...cause
1f33a.png
1f33a.png
1f33a.png
might be an exclusive situation..." - Ebro
Been saying it was gonna be 30 tracks on that thang.

I don't have a **** to give
I've been moving state to state
In my leather and my Timbs like it's 1998
And my dog Chubby Chub, that's my ***** from the way
On the east side of the city that's where everybody stay
Seem like everybody calling cause they want me on their song
It's like every time I touch it I could never do no wrong
When they need a favor from your man, they don't leave you alone

But I guess that's just the motion

Still gets me.

I'm running Thank Me Later back right now since I haven't heard it in awhile and it's very solid more so than I remember. Take Care has a few songs I could easily get rid of

Tried to get through nwts while driving earlier. Skip after Skip :smh: the language is the only hot song on that joint. All me is nice too.

For me it's

TC

TML

NWTS (honestly the the 1st listen I thought it was ok but it really grew on me)

IYRT (A good album but I thought it had a little too much going on in the songs. People talking, beat changes etc)

Views (sorry but views just flat out was terrible to me. I wanted to like it so bad and I had such high hopes but it let me down)

"How much time is this ***** spending on the intro? Lately I've been feeling like Guy Pearce in Memento"

Tuscan leather was awesome.

I'm probably in the minority but I can't stand and never like started from the bottom.
It started the "loud, screaming Drake" which I never liked.

The song did very very well and imo helped him get a little bigger so I respect it but it's a instant skip fornme

Back
Top Bottom