🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

I still need some satisfaaaaaactiooooon
A lil less talk n a lil more aaaaactiooooonnnnnn.:pimp:

Think this is my fav song right now..

Kendrick lamar is great at rapping in a era where it hold little value. Hits matter more than rapping about every john singleton movie in a alien voice.

If actually rapping didn't matter in today's world Drake wouldn't be currently getting shunned by fans for the ghostwriting accusations.

The way some of you straight up dismiss the traditions and history of Hip Hop is troubling. In the mainstream (which btw ain't never been concerned with actual Hip Hop to begin with) lyrics might not matter. But the fans still care.

Which is why I say exclude Drake from the Hip Hop convo period because y'all get more concerned with "hits" and stop giving a **** about actual Hip Hop.
Most Drake stans don't like "rap" :lol:

Drake could never out do this wave riding
Numb Encore was better than Encore though.

Two-faced ****** back around with the three face, damn
Ol' triple double, Russ face
Watch with the bust face
Never-met-the-plug-but-I-rap-about-the-plug face
Never-met-myself, I-don't-remember-who-I-was face

Ard.....so can we agree that this is Drakes best album?

Can we agree that Madiba Riddims is Drake's best song he's ever made?

Can we agree that the song structures, and experimentation by Drake and global sounds are dope? I mean, he just let young thug do him on Ice Melts. I thought that was dope.

Blem is too good. I dig the album. It's a good album. Dude delivered. Exceeded my expectations.

Madiba Riddims
Ice Melts
Blem

My top 3 from this jawn.

Rapping tracks
Do not disturb
Can't have everything
Free smoke

Dancehall vibe
Blem
Madiba riddim
Passion fruit

Singing tracks
Teenage fever
Nothing into somethings
Jorja interlude

"there's a difference between accomplishments and astonishments"

Kendrick is leaps and bounds above Drake is the artistry category. There are so many layers to Kendricks music, with usually a powerful message being conveyed that will still be respected 20 years from now.

Drake has the formula for making hits, namely Sing-alongs. With the same regurgitated narrative about how he had a rough upbringing that pales in comparison to real struggles that other rappers have overcome and come from. Drake's success is fueled by the social media era, it's not a stretch to say that he wouldn't have this kind of success if this were the 90's, where it wasn't watered down and had an emphasis on lyricism.

Difference is, Drake is exploiting this, while Kendrick could do the same thing and rack up a bunch of mainstream hits about love problems and haters, it's an easy formula to follow. He has the starpower, marketing, etc

Kendrick is in it for the art more so where as Drake is in it for the money, so it's a foolish argument to compare net worth/hits to measure who is "better" when they are on opposite ends of the motivation spectrum

Kendricks cool but ****** really hype him up

He just says a lot of words together and somehow it sounds "deep"

Ask ****** to recite you their favorite kendrick verse they wouldnt be able to...Kendrick is in that same 'woke safety net' that J. Cole is. It's just someone people name to make it seem like they're conscious.

Drake been making pop/r&b/light tunes since the beginning so I've always failed to see why or how the two artists compare

No one is throwing Drake on to get some deep message

Last edited by a moderator:
Kendricks cool but ****** really hype him up

He just says a lot of words together and somehow it sounds "deep"

Ask ****** to recite you their favorite kendrick verse they wouldnt be able to...Kendrick is in that same 'woke safety net' that J. Cole is. It's just someone people name to make it seem like they're conscious.

Drake been making pop/r&b/light tunes since the beginning so I've always failed to see why or how the two artists compare

No one is throwing Drake on to get some deep message

This is utter bull ****. Listen to Keshia's Song, Sing About Me or any of his songs really. He's not talking just to talk. There's actual purpose and craft to his lyrics. If anything you're describing Aubrey you a T.

Last edited:
The irony is that the line you quoted sounds like something Drake would rap. Without even reading the rest of your post, I would've assumed it was

Kendrick isn't doing anything with artistry above Drake, he's just rapping. People are complaining because Drake is expanding his artistry and actually mixing up the rap with R&B and international sounds. Kendrick isn't that imaginative. Furthest he's gone is using Anderson .Paaks singing voice.

"there's a difference between accomplishments and astonishments"

Kendrick is leaps and bounds above Drake is the artistry category. There are so many layers to Kendricks music, with usually a powerful message being conveyed that will still be respected 20 years from now.

Drake has the formula for making hits, namely Sing-alongs. With the same regurgitated narrative about how he had a rough upbringing that pales in comparison to real struggles that other rappers have overcome and come from. Drake's success is fueled by the social media era, it's not a stretch to say that he wouldn't have this kind of success if this were the 90's, where it wasn't watered down and had an emphasis on lyricism.

Difference is, Drake is exploiting this, while Kendrick could do the same thing and rack up a bunch of mainstream hits about love problems and haters, it's an easy formula to follow. He has the starpower, marketing, etc

Kendrick is in it for the art more so where as Drake is in it for the money, so it's a foolish argument to compare net worth/hits to measure who is "better" when they are on opposite ends of the motivation spectrum

does listening to music with a message make you feel smarter

The irony is that the line you quoted sounds like something Drake would rap. Without even reading the rest of your post, I would've assumed it was

Kendrick isn't doing anything with artistry above Drake, he's just rapping. People are complaining because Drake is expanding his artistry and actually mixing up the rap with R&B and international sounds. Kendrick isn't that imaginative. Furthest he's gone is using Anderson .Paaks singing voice.

lmao

They are not the SAME. Kendrick does not have the same versatility. Kendrick only raps about a narrative that will get him considered conscious. At the end of both careers they will not be close in success and reach.

:lol: This Drake doesn't rap thing getting out of hand. ***** can rap his *** off, which is why he gets compared to other top rappers. If when bruh rapped he sounded like King Draco these conversations would never be had.

Common 'safety net' statements:

Kendrick/Cole is deep

You gotta be on another level to understand what they're saying

Their albums got layers to it (***** what? :lol:)

Migos/Uzi/Yachty/21 are trash (never heard a song of theirs in their whole life)

Drake sucks

Y'all all the same :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
drake cole and kendrick all rap about what they rap about for the same exact reasons

the conscious rap crowd is one of the most unintentionally funny group of people lmao

Last edited:

My god. You people have got to stop putting Drake on this pedestal. It's really starting to reach weird levels. Especially when it comes to Kendrick, y'all claim they're not the same but go soooooooo hard at trying to prove why Drake is better :lol:

Common 'safety net' statements:

Kendrick/Cole is deep

You gotta be on another level to understand what they're saying

Their albums got layers to it (***** what? :lol:)

Migos/Uzi/Yachty/21 are trash (never heard a song of theirs in their whole life)

Drake sucks

Y'all all the same :lol:

You're wrong I listen to a variety of artists (Future, Migos, 21 are some of my favorites).

The whole 'deep' mantra is subjective. But you're not going to say Kendrick's music doesn't have a layer of substance that some of these other artists don't have. He's like Nas, Pac, and Big in that regard.

People still want to act like Drake is a fad and he's not been one if not the biggest stars in music for close to a decade now

Never change NT

Back
Top Bottom