🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

Damn man y'all can't take pac truths? Doesn't change that the music was good tho. The industry obviously knew that's why dude got befriended and set up and suge made him his puppet. Still an all time great tho.

I'm not ready for it :lol: dude was much more than a rapper to most ppl. They teach tupac in schools.

I look at him as real for talking about the struggle, standing up for black folk, etc I don't really care about that gangster stuff. But that's just me

Wish pac wouldn't have cared about it. He didn't have to be a "thug" to be a icon. Like u said he talked about the struggle, had the people behind him, my granny copped his albums. All that poking my chest out to impress suge led to his demise unfortunately.

PACs legacy isn't shrouded in his perceived image as a so called thug. If it makes you feel better, sure...he was a fraud in that regard. But nothing is fraudulent about the impact he made on the culture. Never mind the music.

We haven't seen anything like him since. There's nobody rapping that they will be teaching about 20 years from now

Last edited:
I'm not even disagreeing with none of that FAM but that thug persona is why we lost him. Imagine if we could've got that knowledge and music for another 20 years?

You have to look at it from a different perspective. Change comes from within. If he tries to relay certain themes and ideologies directly to the demographic that needs to hear it the most, would he be able to without identifying with them?

For example, an elder current or ex gangbanger is going to be able bend the ear of a young gangbanger ALOT easier than someone that has no familiarity with that lifestyle or culture.

If Pac is anyone else but who he was...does he have the same legacy? he was THE guy in the most influential genre of music ever, making the music he had to make in order to have that level of popularity...and yet he still managed to plant seeds of wisdom.

If you're familiar with cointelro, he represented the exact type of individual that was feared under that initiative.

Change can't come from one individual. He very well may have tossed the greatest alley oop ever thru hip hop. The ones who will come and finish that lob...will spark a revolution. Dude was literally a martyr.

But on topic, not only did drake get help, use lines that weren't his and bought hooks, he basically adopted dudes whole flow, cadence and melody. Which is a huge part of being a successful rapper that makes hits. Without his flow, the way he rides the beat, the melodies and catchy hooks, who is drake? Even if he wrote everything, take all that other stuff away and he's really not that good. Also, who's to say a different ghost written didn't write the parts Q didn't write, y'all assume drake filled in the blanks himself. If y'all didn't know there are multiple people out here who have written for drake, bars, hooks melodies and all. Hit songs.
So who are these multiple people who have written for him or are we being chatty? Seems like he'd be exposed fully by now since it's so hot.

I just posted the two vids, the Joe milly kid and rock city. Those were likely passed around the industry. Cat named Terrance T I think said he wrote a thing or two.

Y'all gonna turn this into a tupac thread too lol. I should make a "does Tupac have street cred" thread in general.

Last edited:
I am the self anointed biggest pac fan on the planet

And I cringe when people try to say he was anything more than a great rapper.

Drake - 3 Peat (Meek Mill Diss)

After leaking Charged Up & Back To Back, Drake is alleging preparing the release the final Drake blow with a new track called 3 Peat. Our sources say that OVO is awaiting Meek Mill's first diss...

brandnew.hiphop@1brandnewhiphop

how legit is this? today is OVO Fest right? :nerd:

Last edited:
I think Drake will just let things be for now

Meek is a laughing stock. His mainstream career probably over or severely damaged.

Back-to-Back is a damb club banger now :smh: :lol:

Wait until Meek actually gives him something to response too, last thing Drake wants is to Oberyn Martell himself

I think Drake will just let things be for now

Meek is a laughing stock. His mainstream career probably over or severely damaged.

Back-to-Back is a damb club banger now :smh: :lol:

Wait until Meek actually gives him something to response too, last thing Drake wants is to Oberyn Martell himself

Correct..drake made out perfect from this...drake couldn't buy this much publicity if he wanted too..and this will also make other rappers think twice before they come at him In the future..

All he have to do is run through the tape..lol..

Anything drake put out will be #1 on I tunes. Meek might as well let this die cuz he did more harm to himself than drake did. The reference tracks didn't turn drakes fans against him and those diss records didn't turn Meeks fans against him. Meek just embarrassed himself to the people who didn't know who he was or listened to him anyway. Now whenever his name comes up they will relate it to Drake but considering an they wasn't buyin his **** anyway he won't lose out.

Drake and Meek "beef" makes it's way to the black church. I don't know how to imbed videos so can somebody do that for me?

You know how bad that **** is, to know that a diss mad about me is being played all over the world, at parties, on the cars ... To know everyone favorite parts are the twitter fingers and boss ******* wifin ****** and they are actually repeating that? Man that **** must hurt ...

The final blow is that he is getting paid by something you initiated, yes getting paid because of you.

And you? You can't event put your **** on iTunes for your fans to buy because you will be getting sue ....

Ls

Looks like J Cole is headlining OVO fest tonight with Drake and company finishing out tomorrow night...

I'm ready to hear new tracks from Views 
nerd.gif
 I don't care about a third diss track 
laugh.gif

Looks like J Cole is headlining OVO fest tonight with Drake and company finishing out tomorrow night...

I'm ready to hear new tracks from Views :nerd:  I don't care about a third diss track :lol:
Bro I gotta find a girl to dump me right before Views drops so I can enjoy that ish properly

Anything drake put out will be #1 on I tunes. Meek might as well let this die cuz he did more harm to himself than drake did. The reference tracks didn't turn drakes fans against him and those diss records didn't turn Meeks fans against him. Meek just embarrassed himself to the people who didn't know who he was or listened to him anyway. Now whenever his name comes up they will relate it to Drake but considering an they wasn't buyin his **** anyway he won't lose out.

Since we people now, know this comes from a place of brotherly love :lol:.........Brah stop

Brah there is a ton of crossover between Drake and Meek fans. The hood mess with Drake heavy

And those folk looking at Meek with disappointment is what is gonna hurt him.

When your diss record is getting booed, and the diss about you is getting ran back a ton of times, you know you got a problem

Last edited:
Since we cool now I'm not even hating no more, son is straight. This coming from somebody who around dudes who rock with son music heavy, they don't care. Just like y'all don't care about the reference tracks these ****** don't care about this "beef". Dudes were damn near in tears when he was here the other night and he keep shouting out the D, ****** keep retweeting and cramming like Obama came to town. As long as he keep making the **** he make and the music motivates these ***** they gonna rock with him. Just like if hotline being and the other tracks make u move and vibe u don't care who wrote it.

Since we cool now I'm not even hating no more, son is straight. This coming from somebody who around dudes who rock with son music heavy, they don't care. Just like y'all don't care about the reference tracks these ****** don't care about this "beef". Dudes were damn near in tears when he was here the other night and he keep shouting out the D, ****** keep retweeting and cramming like Obama came to town. As long as he keep making the **** he make and the music motivates these ***** they gonna rock with him. Just like if hotline being and the other tracks make u move and vibe u don't care who wrote it.
You know when that hotline bling

Back
Top Bottom