🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Drake & PND Album Fall 2024

when 2 NTers fight , i always feel like im in the backseat of my moms car on a roadtrip or something while sitting between 2 siblings that are mad at eachother , srs 

I feel you fam. Over My Dead Body was a dope *** into though. I don't see how people don't care for that song. You're not the first person to tell me that.
great song , but not what i look for from drake , concept is good ....but give me the weeknd when it comes to the girls/feelings/emotional/romantic/dissing girls while singing music , or even CB

for drake i look for songs like used to , 6 man , trophies , we made it ...etc 

Nah I think he's making a joke on himself
Sayin he good with the dance moves like Chris brown
Even though he knows he was just messing around

BUT
On another note
Why would I even have to explain that to u
How could u even think that was a shot
Like drake wrapped that line in a triple entendre
Wrapped in a metaphore
That's wrapped in sign language
I swear these 00's babies are slow

he knows Chris brown doesn't like him

just mentioning his name to piss him off if anything

best line on the song , but im a CB fan so when i heard it i laughed out loud in real life , a chuckle sort of , not so much constant laughter , ya dig ??

Drake and Kendrick are completely different artists. Drake would never make something like Pimp A Butterfly. It would alienate all them Jewish folks. :lol:

Listened to that Majid Jordan hot 97 interview. Damn. Drake is basically a pop artist. His team writes and produces songs for him and he records them.

Your favorite rapper is guilty of the same exact thing.

I mean go look at the credits on TPAB.. there are co writing credits everywhere and it's the same with most albums. Getting help with a line or two isn't bad at all. In fact it's great to have a lot of creative ppl around when you make music. Since it's Drake we gonna pretend like he's the only person who's done this.

40 said this in the midst of the Drake/Meek Mill situation.. some of y'all need to understand music on a higher level.

Last edited:
Drake and Kendrick are completely different artists. Drake would never make something like Pimp A Butterfly. It would alienate all them Jewish folks. :lol:

Listened to that Majid Jordan hot 97 interview. Damn. Drake is basically a pop artist. His team writes and produces songs for him and he records them.

Your favorite rapper is guilty of the same exact thing.

I mean go look at the credits on TPAB.. there are co writing credits everywhere and it's the same with most albums. Getting help with a line or two isn't bad at all. In fact it's great to have a lot of creative ppl around when you make music. Since it's Drake we gonna pretend like he's the only person who's done this.

40 said this in the midst of the Drake/Meek Mill situation.. some of y'all need to understand music on a higher level.

My favorite rapper who? Pac, Big Krit?

And this is where dudes are delusional. He's not getting lines. _'s are making songs for Drake. It's ok. Y'all keep saying "well everybody does it" no everybody does not have dudes writing songs and making reference tracks for them. Just accept it and move on.

Shoeking is the only dude outta this bunch I've seen name the writers. Everybody else acting like these _'s don't exist or its just a line or 2 he's getting. :lol:

Getting help on a line or two :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl:

It was pretty clear he was getting the rough drafts in pencil and he went back and typed them up.

Last edited:
Nah I know drake has songs given to him

The thing is, its not like that all the time. Sometimes its a verse from a song from someone, sometimes its a line or two, sometimes its a hook or a full song, it varies

But I think saying Drake doesnt write his music is a stretch. What I mean by that is...you cant come to the conclusion that drake doesnt write his music at all just because he gets assistance sometimes. Hell drake writes for others too. Its the culture of the music industry.

I havent been around drake when he writes but I've been in Paramount and Marvin's Room with plenty of people who have watched Drake write and cut his own records. Thats why its kind of a farce to me to say "he doesnt write " his own music

U can't say he doesn't write all of his music but u can't say he does either.

My favorite rapper who? Pac, Big Krit?

And this is where dudes are delusional. He's not getting lines. _'s are making songs for Drake. It's ok. Y'all keep saying "well everybody does it" no everybody does not have dudes writing songs and making reference tracks for them. Just accept it and move on.

Shoeking is the only dude outta this bunch I've seen name the writers. Everybody else acting like these _'s don't exist or its just a line or 2 he's getting. :lol:

Can you name any full song that was ever given to Drake?

There are none.. Majid helped on the hook of HOWGH and Quentin Miller helped with hook on 10 bandz and Miller himself said he never made songs for Drake.

It's yall dudes who somehow configured that into full songs are given to him. I'm just not with judging Drake for getting help on songs when the majority of your favorite rappers do the same thing. Yes Pac.. look at one of his album credits and you will see what I mean. Same exact situation with Krit as well he gets help with writing too. The evidence is right in front of you guys but once again you ignore it so you can attack Drake.

Last edited:
Nah I know drake has songs given to him

The thing is, its not like that all the time. Sometimes its a verse from a song from someone, sometimes its a line or two, sometimes its a hook or a full song, it varies

But I think saying Drake doesnt write his music is a stretch. What I mean by that is...you cant come to the conclusion that drake doesnt write his music at all just because he gets assistance sometimes. Hell drake writes for others too. Its the culture of the music industry.

I havent been around drake when he writes but I've been in Paramount and Marvin's Room with plenty of people who have watched Drake write and cut his own records. Thats why its kind of a farce to me to say "he doesnt write " his own music

I get it. That's what R&B and pop artist do. They write some of their music and they others write some of it.

Shoot, I might write for the ninja ...

You probably can. :lol: That interview made it sound like he recruiting.

U can't say he doesn't write all of his music but u can't say he does either.

Right but nobody writes "all" of their music.

Rap acts, pop acts, r&b acts, none of them write their own music 100% of the time.

Drake isnt some industry plant who's being gifted finished records to perform

Can you name any full song that was ever given to Drake?

There are none.. Majid helped on the hook of HOWGH and Quentin Miller helped with hook on 10 bandz and Miller himself said he never made songs for Drake.

This isn't true either. 

For one, Majid gave the entire HOWGH to drake, not just the hook. He even mentioned it recently on Hot 97 a few days ago. They did the record, put it on a USB and gave it to Drake, and Drake tracked it like the next day or something.

Crew Love was completely done before Drake took it and added a rap verse to it.

"Legend" was a completely finished record that PND gave to drake. 

And We only have the snippet to "Know Yourself", but it sounds like Quentin worked that entire song too. The "Rico" verse...

I mean, I'm calling a spade a spade. Drake does not write all of his records. But I've heard references from Kendrick before that ended up sounding like the final cut. It happens. 

This isn't true either. 

For one, Majid gave the entire HOWGH to drake, not just the hook. He even mentioned it recently on Hot 97 a few days ago. They did the record, put it on a USB and gave it to Drake, and Drake tracked it like the next day or something.

Crew Love was completely done before Drake took it and added a rap verse to it.

"Legend" was a completely finished record that PND gave to drake. 

And We only have the snippet to "Know Yourself", but it sounds like Quentin worked that entire song too. The "Rico" verse...

I mean, I'm calling a spade a spade. Drake does not write all of his records. But I've heard references from Kendrick before that ended up sounding like the final cut. It happens. 

It's way too subjective to really know how some of these records are written. I just saw the Hot97 interview and your right on them giving HOWGH to him. I had no idea Legend was given to him though :wow:

It's still crazy how some ppl want to make claims that he's on a Rihanna level of writing when it comes to music.

I just have to point out that this is how most music is made. I feel like if dudes ever got to be in the studio with their favorite artist they'll be on wwe 'It's still real to me dammit' type mess. As stated even Pac the GOAT had songs that were co written.

Last edited:
It's way too subjective to really know how some of these records are written. I just saw the Hot97 interview and your right on them giving HOWGH to him. I had no idea Legend was given to him though
eek.gif

It's still crazy how some ppl want to make claims that he's on a Rihanna level of writing when it comes to music.

I just have to point out that this is how most music is made. I feel like if dudes ever got to be in the studio with their favorite artist they'll be on wwe 'It's still real to me dammit type mess'. As stated even Pac the GOAT had songs that were co written.
Yeah insinuating that he's like this pop act who's gifted pop records is, like I said misguided at best. It's not like Drake tells the label that he's ready to record an album so the label gives Drake his selection of records to choose from to track over like some pop act. It's not like that. Sometimes, you may write something, but someone else comes up with something better so you go with that.

It is what it is man, I'm not going to sit here and act like Drake writes all his records because he doesn't. But it's not like he doesn't write his own records either. 

People get help sometimes when they're making music. It's rare that any artist, Drake, Kendrick, Cole, whoever walks their record all the way down by themselves, 100% of the time. 

It's way too subjective to really know how some of these records are written. I just saw the Hot97 interview and your right on them giving HOWGH to him. I had no idea Legend was given to him though :wow:

I just have to point out that this is how most music is made. I feel like if dudes ever got to be in the studio with their favorite artist they'll be on wwe 'It's still real to me dammit' type mess. As stated even Pac the GOAT had songs that were co written.

Nice backtrack, co-written and given am entire song ate two totally different things.

The legend chorus was given to him. Drakes verses are his. The cadence or flow isn't even the same as party's verses.

you trying real hard :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom