🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

That nerd's review was surprisingly similar to how I feel about this junt.

What exactly is better on this album than Take Care or TML? It sure ain't the beats. Lyrically fool isn't anywhere near Take Care.

I'm frustrated as hell its like we're listening to 2 different albums if you think this is Drake's best work

My first introduction to this guy was the Yeezus review, and since that and the MGHC review I was close to writing this guy off, but this settled it. I want to see a rap album that this guy positively reviewed.
check out his section 80 and gkmc review
idk i always check for his reviews when an album drops
i dont always agree with him but i dont think hes that bad

Last edited:
That nerd's review was surprisingly similar to how I feel about this junt.

What exactly is better on this album than Take Care or TML? It sure ain't the beats. Lyrically fool isn't anywhere near Take Care.

I'm frustrated as hell its like we're listening to 2 different albums if you think this is Drake's best work
A lot of things about this are better than TML, I wont say its better than Take Care but I definitely have it above TML. Without going into a whole thing about why I prefer this over TML, I will just go to the main point. There were songs on TML that I didnt like at all, whereas on this album I like every single song. Its as simple as that when it comes to comparing the two for me.

My first introduction to this guy was the Yeezus review, and since that and the MGHC review I was close to writing this guy off, but this settled it. I want to see a rap album that this guy positively reviewed.
check out his section 80 and gkmc review

idk i always check for his reviews when an album drops

i dont always agree with him but i dont think hes that bad
I'm not surprised by those two, I should have said excluding GKMC because I saw it coming. But really his approach to reviewing albums is so transparent from the three that I've seen. His intention from the getgo is to just rip into them as much as possible and filter in some compliments that he doesnt really want to say because he doesnt want to come off as a hater. You can see it in how he speaks, when its come to talk about what he doesnt like, theres a laundry list of things to cite, he goes on and on about it and takes time to draw comparisons to other artists/songs he didnt like, whereas when its time to drop a compliment, its done as succinctly as possible: "I like this".... Cool.

but isnt that what critiquing is all about?

he gave kiss land a 5 also but it was one of the best albums ive heard this year

His GFID review is probably his greatest one, it was so spot on as if he was in the studio with him :lol:

I think Take Care is by far a better album.

But Hold On, We're Going Home is probably my favorite Drake song ever. 

They slowed the song up a little bit, but
laugh.gif
at their voices compared to Aubrey and Majid's

Did he really just say Drake is a better singer than rapping :stoneface:

From a purely vocal perspective, no. He isn't "The Greatest" singer, although vocally he's very underrated in that regard. (Minus the latest HOWGH live performances)

However, I would say he is a better R&B artist than Rap artist. His writing on R&B records are flat out incredible, and bring something lyrically that no one else in any genre does imo. Sometimes it's literally jaw dropping how aware he is of himself and those around him when he makes r&b records.

His raps,while although very good, doesn't really say anything that makes your jaw drop, shake your head, etc. He has the voice, flow, cadence, rhyme schemes, all of that down pat. He's great at rapping. But what he actually says, his lyrics, don't move me very much at all. Outside of a few records, his raps are just...kind of empty?

His R&B records take you somewhere that he can't do with the raps.

i think Thank Me Later was pretty solid, these are my favs from that album

]

Last edited:
Yea TML was all over the place, but a handful of tracks were appreciated. Miss Me, the 1st 2:25 of Fancy, Over before the radio killed it dead, Light Up, and Show Me A Good Time. Only thing is, once I heard other artists versions of some songs on here, i don't think I listened to these again (Slim Thug's Miss Me, Royce Da 5'9"'s Over, Lil' Flip's Show Me A Good time). I don't even remember what the other songs sound like besides Find Your Love :smile:x :x)

Was "Trust Issues" on any mixtape or something?

Bruh...SHOW ME A GOOD TIME :smh: :x :smokin

TML was better than TC

IDC IDC IDC IDC IDC

It wasn't a complete thought like TC but the individual songs are wayyyy better.

Damn, Drake Loves 2pac's "Pain" record and flipped it/sampled it for NWTS, but after doing his research and seeing how many artist had sampled the record, he put it to the wayside.

Would have been pretty interesting if he kept it.

Finally watched his reaction to "Control" during his CRWN interview now that the whole thing is out and he didn't sound sensitive or mad at all. It feels like everyone took certain parts out of context and went rampant with them.

Finally watched his reaction to "Control" during his CRWN interview now that the whole thing is out and he didn't sound sensitive or mad at all. It feels like everyone took certain parts out of context and went rampant with them.

Watch his Angie Martinez interview. He sounds way more sensitive In that one. I was honestly surprised by his reaction.

Back
Top Bottom