🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

6 man blows. he think he's a southern ***** now huh?

6pm in ny is aight. got some lines. i'll listen again. its getting harder and harder to me to get behind dudes voice. **** is so light. no base. all treble.

drizzy hasn't gone hard in my opinion in a long time now. Not saying he hasnt had good songs. he's had some cathy tunes. they sound better when i'm drunk in the club. But like, idk, just hvent heard anything from him in a while that made my face lemon up. he spending all that time in the south, he should go stay in NY for a while, get his bars right.

6 man blows. he think he's a southern ***** now huh?

6pm in ny is aight. got some lines. i'll listen again. its getting harder and harder to me to get behind dudes voice. **** is so light. no base. all treble.

drizzy hasn't gone hard in my opinion in a long time now. Not saying he hasnt had good songs. he's had some cathy tunes. they sound better when i'm drunk in the club. But like, idk, just hvent heard anything from him in a while that made my face lemon up. he spending all that time in the south, he should go stay in NY for a while, get his bars right.

He knows how to make real good music but Drake really don't rap about anything. He's catchy and 40 laces him, that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

I asked this question earlier idk if it was ever answered but since this was a "album release" thru CM Records wouldn't Birdman/Slim have to give clearance? 
Birdman/Slim/CM would've had to have given clearance to release this project under cash money. But Drake's popping enough that I don't think they'd even consider not releasing it as either way its going to make them money.  With all this back and forth between birdman and wayne, j prince, tyga, theres obviously a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes at that label that we don't hear about.

This is his fourth album under CM so from my understanding he's now free to release any future projects/"mixtapes"/albums under his OVO label.

There's a whole lot of coincidence here (contract situation, album title, no mention of CM in the thank yous) so this may have actually been Drake pulling an extremely fast one on Cash Money.

Damn shame how Drake was able to wiggle free from CM Before Wayne lmao...Drake can sign Wayne to OVO now 
roll.gif

Actually now that I think of it, if there's any truth to any of this, this is how i think it went down.

Tape set to drop in december/january.

Originally planned as a free mixtape (no sample clearing) to build hype for album

Wayne went public with his lawsuit against birdman/cm in january

Drakes team saw an opportunity to clear contract with CM and avoid any messy situation with label

Delay mixtape, get sample clearance for songs

Release mixtape as an "album"

Now drakes free to release VFT6 with OVO

This is all just educated guesses, don't fight me over it.

First Drake was like: Dropped the mixtape, the **** sounded like an album

Now he's like: Dropped the album, **** sounded like a mixtape

***** was like 'dropped the mixtape, the **** sounded like an album so we just said **** it and called it an album because the way my contract is set up..'

Been through he whole thing 3 times now.
Drake makes good music point blank period. IMHO of course but it's an easy listen I vibe to it. I will pay for it.

People in here taking music way too serious. The drake tyga pillow fight is stupid. Whether it's free or not...its $13. You can prob steal it with ease in 2 days. Really no difference.

*sits in rocking chair* Back in my day, we didn't careeeee about buying mixtapes. We stayed copping mixtapes from the bootleg man. *spits on porch*

With that being said, I will purchase this mixtape if he drops a physical copy.

"He ain't talking about nothing his subject matter gone to ****"

You and The 6 ain't on the album? 6pm in NY ain't talking about nothing real? Some of yall gotta stop with the bull******. This dude ain't never spoke about the 'struggle' but he does speak about his own struggle and it hopes you can relate to it. People that constantly say he ain't saying nothing are lying to themselves.

Last edited:
I mean, you can't use two or three songs as enough fuel to say he was talking about something on a 17 song project :lol:

But, I don't know what people keep expecting him to talk about. He talks about himself and what's going on in his life/his city/what happened in the past, he talks about his crew, and he talks about women.

He's BEEN talking about these things, while just being creative about how he talks about them. Expecting a project full of topics outside of those is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Last edited:
I mean, you can't use two or three songs as enough fuel to say he was talking about something on a 17 song project :lol:

But, I don't know what people keep expecting him to talk about. He talks about himself and what's going on in his life/his city/what happened in the past, he talks about his crew, and he talks about women.

He's BEEN talking about these things, while just being creative about how he talks about them. Expecting a project full of topics outside of those is just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I used those 2 tracks for people who said they can't relate to the album. They need to listen to those songs and tell me he ain't speaking on something that you can relate too. It's like people expect him to throw on a Dashiki and start speaking about racial issues. Drake is the realest rapper maybe ever. He's not a fake like J Cole who acts like a wannabe activist for album sells. He ain't never had to diss someones else or have to develop stories in the media to sell albums. Drake always been himself and became one the biggest artists in music just by talking about his own life.

Last edited:
Lol I could care less about his subject of matter I just can't get past him giving up the flow that had me like :x to rap like the migos and future Cuz it's poppin right now :smh:

Man ... This joint is about to get discarded. Bless to you that can relate, bit I can't and it sounds like a horrible mixtape.

Back
Top Bottom