🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

I like the album remove the song with nicki and FYR and it would be perfect, but I understand why the song with nicki is on the album cause its going to move singles chicks will eat it up

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by Tha Flashy One

looks like Drake is a heavyweight in the biz right now
Was already one.
Right???
Sometimes I wonder if people really pay attention to the things they say... 
laugh.gif

Some of ya'll suck at this music perspective thing. 
grin.gif

Nov 16 2011 12:48 PM EST
[h1]Justin Timberlake Almost Landed On Drake's Take Care[/h1][h2]'That was the one person that I was sorta like, 'Damn!' but we'll get it though,' Drizzy says of working with JT. [/h2]
By Jocelyn Vena (@jocelyn1212)

A year ago, Drake spoke to MTV News about the possibility of working with Justin Timberlake, saying that he had built a "rapport" with the pop superstar.

With Drizzy's new album Take Care out this week, however, it's clear the two didn't actually end up getting that rapport on tape. But in the latest issue of Billboard, the Canadian MC says that he and Timberlake came pretty close to making a collaboration happen.

"I really wanted to work with Justin Timberlake on this project and we came so close, man, so close. He's just super busy, and not in the music mindset right now as far as creating," he revealed.

In the 12 months since Drake first talked to us about working with the star, Timberlake has forged a real-deal Hollywood career, with roles in movies like "The Social Network" and "Friends With Benefits."

"The song was gonna be dope," the rapper said of the track, which was reportedly set to be produced by Noah "40" Shebib. "It was solid, a solid little look. But he's so immersed in the acting thing, and I don't blame him, he's doing great at it. He was just like, 'I really want to work. I just can't do it right now. But we'll work as soon as I'm back in the studio.' "

And Drake is holding out hope it'll happen one day.

"He gave me his word on that, so I'm looking forward to [working] with him," he said. "Even just giving him some ideas, writing, him working with [40], I think that would just sound crazy — Justin Timberlake and 40.

"Half the time, I just want artists to work on 40's beats; I don't even really want to intrude, I just want to hear them," the rapper added. "40 has so many ideas, and I'd love to hear an artist like Justin Timberlake to see what he and 40 could come up with. But that was the one person that I was sorta like, 'Damn!' but we'll get it though." 

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Was already one.
Right???
laugh.gif

grin.gif

well dude is only on his second album, and he's being pushed by Wayne so of course he's gonna be big

So again, your original point is null and void. And Wayne didn't "push" anything, just the co-sign was enough.

Drake was a heavyweight when he was no longer being grouped with CuDi, Wale, and Big Sean. Which was pretty much the lead up to TML.

Idk why anybody is surprised at these numbers, it's exactly what I'd thought he'd do.
TML did 447k the first week and he wasn't even half as popular as he is now.

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Birdman talking at the end of we'll be fine >>>>>>>>

laugh.gif

Birdman must have a clause in Drakes contract to be on his album(s) at some point, that $**# was so unnecessary. I had manually to cut him out of the song, nearly ruining a dope track with that nonsense..

Originally Posted by sillyputty

Was already one.
Right???
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Yeah but some of the hip-hop ultrapurists still deny this though (as dumb as that is). Gotta put aside whether you personally like the music or not and look at it objectively. Him, Wayne/Nicki, Em, and Jay/Ye are the current heavyweights of the genre. Not Ross, Kendrick Lamar, Nas, etc.

can only disagree with two things in that needle drop review...and thats him sayin Practice was a good song and him not feeling the last song.

the stuff about 40 and the rest of producers was spot on... I dig the album and the production is damn good but there are just a few tracks where Drake is the actual star of the record lyrically, which is well deserving of a knock against him... but at the end of the day its sum good vibin music.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

Originally Posted by Brandon3000

Birdman talking at the end of we'll be fine >>>>>>>>

laugh.gif

Birdman must have a clause in Drakes contract to be on his album(s) at some point, that $**# was so unnecessary. I had manually to cut him out of the song, nearly ruining a dope track with that nonsense..
I forgot I could do that.

Good tip right there.

Drake's mom at the end of 'Look What You've Done' 
frown.gif

Album is good though. My favorite songs are Crew Love, Doing It Wrong and Lord Knows.

That beat on Lord Knows is something godly 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

frown.gif

Album is good though. My favorite songs are Crew Love, Doing It Wrong and Lord Knows.

sick.gif

Grandma.

But yep, it's real &*#$

Makes you wanna straight up pick up the phone and have one of those convo's with your grandma.

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

Originally Posted by CertifiedSW

frown.gif

sick.gif

Grandma.

But yep, it's real &*#$

Makes you wanna straight up pick up the phone and have one of those convo's with your grandma.
^^Swear to God it does man....
"Look What You've Done" is the best track on the album, bar NONE. Real, emotional, raw, heartfelt. He did it on that song

love the lead in to "headlines" at the end of "shot for me"

needs more tracks like headlines though, a lot singing, but still a very good album.

granny is definitely the most poignant point of the album
that might be my fav song on there..thats the drake music ive liked since the beginning

and i have to disagree...even though it is a filler and im not really into it...title track is going to have the effect the artists intended it to have (what needledrop said)

Originally Posted by Checks McGee

Drake didnt do Lord Knows justice?  Huh?  He went in just as he was supposed to. 

I feel like he did as much as he could do but frankly when it comes down to it, Drake strength isn't rapping, it's songwriting and taste.
That beat was made for +#!@+! who can just rap like Push, Kendrick, Jay, Nas, even Fab on a good day.

Back
Top Bottom