🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

majid gonna blow big. i see it

Judging from the Afterhours EP and this new record, I don't know if he'll necessarily blow "big." His music doesn't have that pop to it that would allow it to be huge on the mainstream level. Could be wrong. Hope i'm wrong. Love their sound.

I love this Place Like This Jam though. **** is smooth as hell :smokin :smokin

"What they offering you?
What they promising you?
Cause I swear its not better than what I would do"

:smokin

drake in the studio with chris brown
nerd.gif
all the lightskin tendencies going on in that booth right now
mean.gif

Today Drake held a teleconference with media in order to discuss the ESPY’s and different topics surrounding sports.

Next Wednesday night, Drake is set to bet the host of ESPN’s award show the ESPY’s. Not only is Drake hosting, but he plans to perform as well. Drake also states that the production team has assembled “some incredible pre-tapes.” and he will be doing some impressions. During the conference Drake talked about Skylar Diggins, Lebron’s decision, being a supposed bandwagon fan and more! Make sure to tune in next Wednesday night to ESPN at 9pm EST to watch Drake host. Until then, check some excerpts from his teleconference below.

On Lebron James decision to return to the Cleveland Cavaliers:

“I think in the past week and a half I’ve been bothering LeBron as much as the press has. I’ve been trying to figure out what his decision was going to be, we were all extremely intrigued by what stage of his life he’s in. I don’t think that there’s a better way to deal with it than what he just did, I think if you gave away and award at the ESPYs for incredible essay writing, I would love to present that to him.
I think that what he just did is patriotic in its own way; courageous, and to me it’s going to be one of the most historic things of our generation. I’m glad that I got to–no pun intended–witness this moment. I woke up kind of late today, so I’m just catching up, but I cant wait to get off this call and call him myself and tell him how proud of him because he’s been a friend of mine for a long time.”

On Skylar Diggins:

“I’ve never met Skylar, I’m sure it’ll be extremely awkward when i do. I guess if she manages to show up, though she probably won’t because her boyfriend will try and throw a chair. I probably owe her an apology off the bat. I don’t want to give away material, I have a whole section for Skylar, but i don’t know if she’ll be able to take it.”

On tennis star Nick Kyrgios “dissing him”:

Background story behind the diss: Earlier this month, 19-year-old Australian tennis prodigy Nick Kyrgios blamed his near-loss to Jiri Vesely at Wimbledon on listening to Drake before the first set. “I came out really flat, so hopefully I won’t listen to that again! It was actually Drake. Didn’t do the job for me.” - Nick

“I also want to meet this guy that says that he lost because he listened to my music. I also want to meet that guy and look him in the eye and see exactly who he is as a man and size him up and then chop him right down. Nick whatever-his-name-is — ’cause he didn’t win, so that’s how he’s going to be remembered: “Nick whatever-his-name-is.” – Drake

On being a supposed “bandwagon fan”:

“Well, first of all, I’d like to say that despite what everyone on the Internet thinks, I do not team jump. In the past I’ve always supported the player and not the institution—unless we’re talking about the Kentucky Wildcats and the Toronto Raptors; I will never stray from them. But whether it comes to soccer or football or basketball, I have a lot of friends that play for a lot of teams. I’m not team jumping. I’m a supportive friend.”

“Of course, I’m gonna go watch games in Cleveland. If not for LeBron—who I said is a brother to me, we’ve got three kids from Toronto on one team, plus Manziel who is part of our family and our brother. I definitely have to look into some real estate in Cleveland and spend some months of the year out there. Like I said, my teams will always forever be who they are but I will support the group who has shifted to Cleveland.”

“For Cleveland, a place that I’ve been to time and time again when I’ve been to touring, it’s gonna be great for them, I’d love to see them grow.”

On doing impressions during the ESPY’s:

“I’m actually excited to say that I definitely have incorporated impressions in my performance and that they’re something I take pride in and study for. I love finding and getting into character, especially if I know the person. So yes, I will be doing impressions. And they’re good.”

http://wordonroad.net/news/drake-talks-lebrons-decision-skylar-diggins-plans-espys/
http://www.complex.com/sports/2014/07/drake-bandwagon-fan-interview

On tennis star Nick Kyrgios “dissing him”:

Background story behind the diss: Earlier this month, 19-year-old Australian tennis prodigy Nick Kyrgios blamed his near-loss to Jiri Vesely at Wimbledon on listening to Drake before the first set. “I came out really flat, so hopefully I won’t listen to that again! It was actually Drake. Didn’t do the job for me.” - Nick

“I also want to meet this guy that says that he lost because he listened to my music. I also want to meet that guy and look him in the eye and see exactly who he is as a man and size him up and then chop him right down. Nick whatever-his-name-is — ’cause he didn’t win, so that’s how he’s going to be remembered: “Nick whatever-his-name-is.” – Drake

Drake really needs to just laugh this stuff off. I'd love to see this encounter though, Drake will mess around and get handled by dude for making him lose :lol:.

I respect anyone who can be unequivocally themselves.

Yeah he says some weak *** **** sometimes, but it's him. I can never hate on that.

majid gonna blow big. i see it

I can see the Middle Eastern crowd really getting behind Majid Jordan like the Ethiopians got behind The Weeknd.

I think they will have a better chance of blowing outside the US first.

Back
Top Bottom