🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

To me, he’s the only artist you gets a pass for everything he does or that’s exposed about him and his fans still claim he’s the greatest.

If J. Cole was wearing Black Face, he wouldn’t get a pass
If Kendrick had a ghost writer, he wouldn’t get a pass.
If Kendrick, Cole, Jigga, whoever took an L as big as the one Drake took From Pusha, they wouldn’t get a pass...

And then on top of it, they have this holier than thou attitude about how Drake is the best and Pusha T is boring and Kendrick’s overrated and so on and so forth.

It honestly reminds me of the way people talked about Wayne in 2009-2010.

Kanye just released 5 albums that all charted and his shoes sell out every time after endorsing a racist. Drake ain’t the only one getting a pass.

Last edited:
So let's say in Drake's heart he released a double album full of throwaways, am I silly in purchasing it?

Probably should've examined the site before making the post...

Last edited:
Or maybe there’s people who’ve been rocking with him since degrassi/CS and simply don’t like this because it sounds like a bunch of throwaways.
No middle ground. You’re either riding or a hater. Subjectivity is dead apparently.

This dude can’t accept that people are fans and like the music :lol: it’s not that serious
Everything I’ve said obviously has gone over your head....

I even said I loved If Your Reading This and enjoy some of his music. I just think he’s far from the best out.

There are some Drake songs I enjoy. I loved IYRTITL, I’m just saying he’s far from the best rapper out, the Logic comparison isn’t really that far off in terms of corniness, and at the end of the day dude is a pop star.

When Drake stans act like this is the best album to release since Drakes last project and it’s not even top 20 projects of the past 18 months... it’s laughable.

But enjoy your 25 track album full of filler and tracks that have mediocre recycled lines, content, and sounds. Who am I to judge?

You are consistently presenting **** like it's fact, when it's really just your opinion :lol: this is comical.

Mob Ties' hook has really grown on me, but I have little desire to hear any other part of the song. That's how I feel about a bunch of songs right now; catchy moments with a lot of nothing around them.

Overall though I'm happier with his raps on here than I have been on the last two projects.

we live in a world of validation and approval. ppl need to feel validated by others so they reach for justifications. i love da vinci's paintings and think he's the goat, my friend loves michelangelo, another one loves van gogh.. we explain what resonates to us to have a convo about why these artists are our goat. we aint going through days trying to discredit the others paintings.

when i was younger, i actually didnt like basquiat's stuff. they got deeper to me the older i got.. looked past some "superficial" aspects & felt something more in-depth.

Whether I am or not, once again at least all of Kanye’s albums sound sonically different and the content is different as well. Aside from CD and LR being a little similar everything since has sounded nothing like the project before it.

Drakes entire career literally sounds like the same 5 tracks recycled over and over again.
This isnt a fair comparison.

Every great rapper doesn't have a catalog of albums that sound "sonically different" from the last one. I'm not necessarily sure why thats even a high priority.

GFK didnt do that in his career and he has more classic albums than Kanye.

For two rappers who don't even write their own rhymes looking for these small little advantages they may have over each other is petty.

It’s a high priority because otherwise the same sound over and over again becomes stale and boring.

Wanna thank God for working way harder than satan, he's playing favorites, it feels amazing...

Back
Top Bottom