🦉The Official Drake Thread6️⃣ - Scary Hours 3 11.17.23

Is Drake the only artist ****** listen to each time he drops even though they hate all his previous projects?

I can’t think of nobody else this happens to
IMG_1248.png

I wonder when his music/subject matter will ultimately mature. He just isn't in that place in his life yet, which is fine, since everyone has their own pace. It actually feels like he's going backwards in this regard (all the pill popping lines, which are pretty new the last few years, and all the mob boss, gangster talk. When did he start talking THIS tough :lol:. Constantly bringing up catching bodies). Feels like he's trying to stay contemporary or going through some sort of early midlife crisis.

I guess you can kind of compare it to Jay who dropped the more consistent mature stuff later on in his career.

There's so many times you can recycle the same stuff about failed relationships, or a girl that did you "dirty." Failed relationships are a huge theme in music of all genres, but at least say something different instead of the usual. On top of that, lately he just sounds extra bitter against women vs. his older crying over a woman songs, which at least at that time felt more introspective.

Away From Home is a perfect example of what I hope he grows into. It was a fresh way to talk about things he's been talking about since his first album and it felt genuine.

I don’t know

alotta songs don’t move me if you just go to em

but when you play the album in order it doesn’t sound bad

i was listening at work tho so anything is better than working

it’s prolly his 3rd or 4th worse album

really her loss is prolly the only thing ill listen to from drake these days outside of it you’re reading this

It actually feels like he's going backwards in this regard (all the pill popping lines, which are pretty new the last few years, and all the mob boss, gangster talk. When did he start talking THIS tough :lol:. Constantly bringing up catching bodies).
"Even though you’re multi, I see that your soul don’t look alive
The M’s count different when Baby divides the pie, wait
Let’s examine why
Your music for the past few years been angry and full of lies."

Respect to Drake for the consistency, album is over an hour so it’s going to take a couple of weeks of listens to give my opinion on it. So far positive.

Incredibly accurate take..

Drake arrested development makes him really hard to take serious,
The way he raps about women at this point sounds ridiculous, dude is almost 40 and he still sounds like an 18 year old.

I admit, perhaps im just too old at this point.
but even the kids gunna start looking at him a little crazy no?

I wonder when his music/subject matter will ultimately mature. He just isn't in that place in his life yet, which is fine, since everyone has their own pace. It actually feels like he's going backwards in this regard (all the pill popping lines, which are pretty new the last few years, and all the mob boss, gangster talk. When did he start talking THIS tough :lol:. Constantly bringing up catching bodies). Feels like he's trying to stay contemporary or going through some sort of early midlife crisis.

I guess you can kind of compare it to Jay who dropped the more consistent mature stuff later on in his career.

There's so many times you can recycle the same stuff about failed relationships, or a girl that did you "dirty." Failed relationships are a huge theme in music of all genres, but at least say something different instead of the usual. On top of that, lately he just sounds extra bitter against women vs. his older crying over a woman songs, which at least at that time felt more introspective.

Away From Home is a perfect example of what I hope he grows into. It was a fresh way to talk about things he's been talking about since his first album and it felt genuine.

Mid life crisis music is the perfect way to describe this.

Back
Top Bottom