'00 Black/Met. Silver V, Sizing/Precautions?

81768_600.jpg

I've decided to hunt down a pair of black/silver V's from 2000. How do they fit compared to recent retros? I have a pair of Fire Red 3's in a size12, would that fit the same?

Since this shoe has been released 8 years ago, can you give me any precautions to prevent my shoes cracking for at least a year??

-AF1

dont have any experience with these 2000's but do have with the retros..fire red 3's fit the same as my retros...

but for the cracking..ive seen many people unds these and always happen to crack by the air bubble

if you cop a pair that was worn 3-5 times and no signs of cracking..wear around the house and see how it holds up before you do any major walking in them

LET'S PUT IT THIS WAY IF THE AIR BUBBLE IS FOGGED UP YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE OF THE CRACKING!

Originally Posted by Alieg6

LET'S PUT IT THIS WAY IF THE AIR BUBBLE IS FOGGED UP YOU HAVE A GREAT CHANCE OF THE CRACKING!

you're unsually nice, since you like to give me a hard time @ the AF1 thread
eyes.gif

Generally, they fit true to size and I haven't experienced any sort of cracking but one thing that stood out was traction was HORRIBLE!! I was slippingand slidding on an indoor court and had to wipe the outsoles every other play although I noticed some people do not seem to have this problem. It's reallya shame though because the Vs are pretty balanced in all other areas (not great or good by any stretch of the imagination but pretty average and areserviceable for balling duty).

Well, I have a pair of the fire reds that have a horribly fogged air bubble but shows no sign of cracking at all, just yellowing and creasing. I'd saythey're good to go, and get the same size as your FR 3 Retros.

I will tell you this, the recent V releases were a joke compared to the 2000 V's. I un ds'ed a pair of my 2000 White/Fire red's and my 2000black/Silvers in November of 2007. I walked around the house a few times to break them in, and make sure they wouldnt crack. But before that, I pressed on themidsole everywhere to make sure it was firm and not mushy. To this day, they are still holding strong.

Comfort definitely goes to the 2000 V's. The 2007 black metallics and fire reds rubbed my ankles and cut them, the 2000's did not, they had morecushion in that area.

Cushioning definitely goes to the 2000 V's. I can feel the air cushioning when I press down on the heels when I walk in the 2000's, this was not thecase with the 2007's.

Performance, I dont know which one wins. I remember playing in my white/silvers from 2000, and the traction was horrible. Im sure it didnt get any better withthe 2007's.

Looks definitely the 2000's. They did not feel cheap, and the materials were A+, not to mention they had Nike Air on them. The 2007's felt like apayless shoe.

In the end, I got rid of my black/metallics and fire reds from 2006 and 2007 because of these reasons, and the fact that they did not have Nike Air. Hope thishelps

One more thing, they do fit true to size.

My White/Fire Red 2000 (I bought them on released date) Vs run a little neat. I'd imagine the black/silver is the same.

As for cracking, i wear them about 4/5 times year these days and no problems yet. Might want to get a VNDS pair to be safe.

Back
Top Bottom