03/22 Official FLIGHT OF THE CONCHORDS Post/Appreciation: (HBO 10pm est)

I always look forward to watching this show every Sunday, its hard to exceed what they did with Season 1 but they've done a decent job so far. This pastSundays songs were the best so far IMO.
laugh.gif

Carol Brown is an addicting song.

Flight of the Conchords get zero love on Niketalk

This season has been pretty good thus far.

Yes, I got hurt feelings

laugh.gif

You figure with the love fest of SNL Digital Short songs ie Jizz.....dudes on here wouldn't sleep on this show.

You get those kinds of original songs every week.

I'm glad as hell you made this post. I've seen this on demand a whole bunch but never heard of it. What's this show about?

Flight of the Conchords is a Grammy Award-winning New Zealand comedy duo composed of Bret McKenzie and Jemaine Clement. Billing themselves as "Formerly New Zealand's fourth most popular guitar-based digi-bongo a capella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo",[1] the group uses a combination of witty observation, characterisation and acoustic folk guitars. The duo's comedy and music became the basis of a BBC radio series and then an American television series, which premiered in 2007, also called Flight of the Conchords.

They were named Best Alternative Comedy Act at the 2005 US Comedy Arts Festival and Best Newcomer at the Melbourne Comedy Festival, and they received a nomination for the Perrier Comedy Award at the Edinburgh Fringe in 2003. The duo's live performances have gained them a worldwide cult following.[2]

The duo star in a television series for HBO, titled Flight of the Conchords, which premiered in the United States in June 2007. The series simultaneously premiered in Canada on The Movie Network and Movie Central.

The series revolves around the pair as they try to achieve success as a band in New York City and try to develop an American fan base. The regular cast includes fellow comedians Rhys Darby as Murray, Arj Barker as Dave, Kristen Schaal as their excessively devoted and obsessed fan Mel, David Costabile as Doug and Eugene Mirman as Eugene. This show also features many other comedians in guest starring roles. Their songs are woven into the plot of each episode. The first season consisted of 12 episodes.

The second season of Flight of the Conchords started on HBO on January 18, 2009. The first episode of the second season premiered online on Funny Or Die a few weeks early on December 17, 2008.[15] On December 21, the first episode of Flight of the Conchords, season two, became available for online viewing on a variety of additional platforms including HBO.com, iTunes and HBO's YouTube channel.[16]

You should really just watch the entire season 1, its only midway through season 2 right now so you can easily catch up.

You'll get hooked to the songs dude.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

You'll get hooked to the songs dude.
laugh.gif

Thats no exaggeration either

My ipod has albums and videos

I also got the songs from season two along with the video I posted

pimp.gif

This is my favorite show by far on TV right now. Ive seen every single episiode and watch it religiously every sunday. Murray ishilarious giving his own band bad reviews.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I made this same post like two-three weeks ago and got like 4 replies.

It's appreciated in my book
pimp.gif

Business Time
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Flight of the Conchords get zero love on Niketalk

This season has been pretty good thus far.

Yes, I got hurt feelings

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

One of my favorite shows, I love listening to their music just as anything else.

If you're into it and Most Beautiful Girl in the Room are my favorites.

Back
Top Bottom