09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

cotto will kill pacman

I know right?! i cant believe this $%@ ! No way, a PacMan/PBF bout would do Tito/DLH numbers. I am now rooting for Clottey to win.
grin.gif

i believed Hatton would've been able to take some of Manny's punches, but didn't expect him to knock him out with one power punch although Pacquaiodid use a lot of combinations it was a devastating punch that knocked Hatton out. i thought this fight would've at least been competitive going maybe 9-10rounds but didn't expect Pacquiao to end it so early. i felt sorry for Ricky it didn't look like he would get up after that 3rd knockout he wasseriously hurt. its best for Ricky to go out and retire like this even in a loss this was his last opportunity for the big PPV event.

For Pacquiao only big things are on his list maybe: Floyd, Cotto, Mosley, JMM those are the top of the list, Mosley has been talking a lot about wanting a shotat Pacquiao and he currently doesn't have a fight scheduled at the moment so this might be his opportunity at Pacquiao.

The undercard was so-so:

Lara got to showcase his good poise and boxing skills. Lara got the unanimous decision 40-36 in a easy fight.

the second fight was Matvey Korobov (middleweight) he looked good out there although the opponent was a bum he also showed good balance and punching power.

Daniel Jacobs started out good but his opponent was fighting dirty and it made him look like an amateur.

Soto although he knocked his opponent down in the first round it was a flash knockdown was struggling to win because of the other guy putting a lot of pressureon him but he left himself open with his punches and eventually got knocked out.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

its best for Ricky to go out and retire like this even in a loss this was his last opportunity for the big PPV event.
I was thinking he should face winner of Urango/Berto or Tim Bradley. But you never know where his head may be after this devastating loss. If hedoes retire, is he a HOFer? IMO, yes.

youtube took my vid down already

Hatton didn't cover or move his head even one time in that fight.....disgraceful.

yup
he got what he deserved.
no head movement and he didnt throw not one jab or a straight shot
was real amateurish

floyd sr had me fooled. I thought ricky was learnin. but once the bullets were flying he reverted back to his old ways

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

youtube took my vid down already

Hatton didn't cover or move his head even one time in that fight.....disgraceful.

yup
he got what he deserved.
no head movement and he didnt throw not one jab or a straight shot
was real amateurish

floyd sr had me fooled. I thought ricky was learnin. but once the bullets were flying he reverted back to his old ways
Hatton truly thought he was the stronger man. I can't fault Floyd Sr.. Hatton was foolish for trying to trade with Pacquiao. Especially at thevery beginning of the fight.

hatton was doing the same lean foward with his head BS also, its a shame cause in his last fight he did the stuff Floyd SR taught him but as soon as the bellring last night this fool threw everything out the window

Originally Posted by Sir Rob A Lot

cotto will kill pacman

I know right?! i cant believe this $%@ ! No way, a PacMan/PBF bout would do Tito/DLH numbers. I am now rooting for Clottey to win.
grin.gif
I don't think Cotto can contend with Pacquiao's speed.

I also don't think Pacquiao can contend with Cotto's size and power....

However, if Pacquiao can overwhelm Cotto by raining punches on him he can definately stop this dude.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Cotto is a skilled boxer, there is no way he walks into any bombs like the get hitman.
Marquez is a skilled boxer and he still got hit with those bombs. Cotto isn't that much bigger either, Pacquiao can probably get over thatsize differential if the fight does happen. Cotto overwhelming Pacquiao isn't a given. Nor is the opposite a given either. Just saying that Cotto isn'tgoing to curb dude easily.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

So what's your "to-do" list look like for Pac

Cotto/Clottey winner?
Marquez III
PBF
Sugar?
Marquez 3
PBF
Cotto/Clottey Winner

I'd say Berto but there isn't any money there nor do I think Berto is ready for Pacquiao at this point in his career.

Originally Posted by EAGLE 0N

Yah, Cotto gotta get by Clottey first.

But I'm predicting big things from MAC this year. I get the feeling that he's gonna go on a rampage (or at least I hope).

Sky Sports Vid of Pac/Hatton.
These dudes are pretty good with the commentary

That was VICIOUS!!!!! goot lawd..... that was solid shot to the chin.... a la Roy Jones ( both giving and recieving.. lol)

Well if he beats Marquez (convincingly) or Mayweather, he can actually make a claim for being one of the best welterweights of all time. I can't lie
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

them fan boys tried to jump in on gunna then some idiot threw that out
roll.gif

have u see cotto fight dude? hell he could walk into manny punchs all night and not get hurt he has got hit harder before and not been hurt. he is fast, worksthe body, MOVES HIS %%%%*%* HEAD, and will walk manny down. the most important part would be him working the body and would slow manny down. manny couldnt justhit and run on dude

cotto is a BIG 147 pound fighter

Well if he beats Marquez (convincingly) or Mayweather, he can actually make a claim for being one of the best welterweights of all time. I can't lie
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

them fan boys tried to jump in on gunna then some idiot threw that out
roll.gif

have u see cotto fight dude? hell he could walk into manny punchs all night and not get hurt he has got hit harder before and not been hurt. he is fast, works the body, MOVES HIS %%%%*%* HEAD, and will walk manny down. the most important part would be him working the body and would slow manny down. manny couldnt just hit and run on dude

cotto is a BIG 147 pound fighter
Cotto isn't that big as you're making him out to be.

Btw that idiot is me you're referring to. In due time Pacquiao can make a claim at the welterweight level if he stays consistent. For the record I nevercalled out Gunna, that was some other dudes.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

This boy Hatton got KNOCKED THE F#&! OUT!!!!! There was at least 25 people with me watching this fight and all of us had that Smokey"DAAAAMMMMMNNNNN!!" going on....

Cannot wait for Pac-Man/Pretty Boy Floyd fight...I will be in Vegas for that one

how can someone that has had only 1 fight at welterweight be the best of all time?

No one said he is the best. He can eventually be one of the best. Someone else made the "he's the best claim". I disagreed...

He can eventually be one of the best...Eventually...

I have a hard time believing Arum is going to throw Manny in with Cotto, especially at the Garden which is Cotto's home away from home. Maybe he'sjust trying to build some leverage for some additional money for a Mayweather fight by pretending he's not interested.

Back
Top Bottom