09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Originally Posted by rayfizzle

just got home from staples. Not too many mosley fans in the building. Mosley was too fast, and margarito kept gettin hit by the home run punches, and it caught up to him. Berto vs Mosley to Unify!
If Mosley and Berto fought like their most recent fights, Mosley would be taken out of the ring in handcuffs.

laugh.gif
tru indeed

but Berto is waaaay faster with his hands and feet than tonio
It would play out a lil different, prolly same result tho

Shane should be served with a subpoena after tonite for at least a civil suit for agg assault.
He beat the brakes off Tonio
laugh.gif

[Jeezy]and I luuuv ittttt[/Jeezy]

Berto isnt even close to next in line , No way his team lets him in the same building as the big boys at 147 .

They got to. Or he'll never get a good pay day or any respect. He has nowhere left to go.
His next fight has to be a step up from Collazo.

terrible fight by Margarito
frown.gif
frown.gif
.....great by mosley .....nazzr
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
...mosley was clearly better prepared....congrats to shane mosley.

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

mosley vs. pac man ....get it done....

mosley will look more his age against pacquiao's speed. he might as well have been the flash in there tonight. i just don't think manny can takeshane's power punches, and he WILL get caught eventually. mosley by KO. prolly a straight up KTFO as well, not a stoppage.

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

props to Mosley on a great win.
smh.gif
@ Margarito.

i tried feeling bad for marg but i couldn't. he could've killed someone with those plastered wraps. if cotto is a ruined fighter (we'll find outsoon) after what marg did to him, and marg was cheating in that fight as well, that is an unforgiveable injustice.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Berto is no way ready for mosley

Maybe but according to everyone, Mosley was in no way ready for Margarito.
Nobody thought Mosley wasn't READY, they thought Mosley was too far past his prime. Prime 4 prime i would have definitely taken Mosley, ijust thought he was too far on the backside of his career to pull this off. Apparently Mayorga needs more credit for being a good fighter than he gets.

I'm just sayin, margarito had a "perfect" fight and no one gave his next opponent a chance.

Shane basically just fought the fight of his life ( and he done had some high quality fights) ...

Did shane even get hit tonite?
laugh.gif
joking but he didn't get hit with one single significant punch

i hear what you're sayin. Thats why boxing is so great, because even when you think something can't possibly happen, it occasionally happens. I wouldnever count Berto as 100% out against anyone, because as Buster Douglas proved way back when, anybody can beat anybody on the right night.

smokin.gif

I'm so happy right now. FINALLY the punching bag gets exposed for what he is. I've been on him on for years as being one of the overrated fighters inboxing and this is exactly why I was so confident Cotto would easily take care of him. I decided to keep my mouth shut for a prediction this time, though LOL. Call me a hater, whatever. I don't have anything against Margarito as a person and I respect that he puts it all on the line but he just isn't thatgood.

I still think Tonio is good. Its just he doesn't have one punch KO power and he's not swift of feet or hands.
So if he's in trouble, he's gonna look real bad.

Son went out on his sword too
pimp.gif
he knew he was thru but he still came out and tried ( *ahem* oscar
indifferent.gif
) and was willing to get knocked out to try n land hislucky star punch

His image is about to take a major hit tho with the "concrete fist" tape job.
smh.gif

I aint seen Dako all nite where he at
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I still think Tonio is good. Its just he doesn't have one punch KO power and he's not swift of feet or hands.
So if he's in trouble, he's gonna look real bad.

Son went out on his sword too
pimp.gif
he knew he was thru but he still came out and tried ( *ahem* oscar
indifferent.gif
) and was willing to get knocked out to try n land his lucky star punch

His image is about to take a major hit tho with the "concrete fist" tape job.
smh.gif

I aint seen Dako all nite where he at
nerd.gif
Yea, maybe I'm being too hard on him. There's no doubt he's one of the toughest (if not the toughest) fighters out there and alwaysdisplays tremendous heart. I don't care that he got KO'ed tonight, he still has the best chin in boxing. He was taking MASSIVE punches all night andanyone else would gone down earlier. However, those attributes alone just don't make for good boxing IMO, since it is, well, boxing. Tonight it wasshowed that some good skill combined with a good game plan reduces him to a very mediocre fighter.

I'm just happy that the Margarito hype machine can be deaded after tonight

pimp.gif

Shane kept the fight in the middle of the ring, Miguel didn't

I wanna see Margarito vs Cotto 2 so he can take back his top spot in this division

how are fans that blind to performance enhancement. im sorry this was a man that could barely beat a joke of a fighter in mayorga and now he comes out with astellar performance against a boxer that has a head of steel and knocks him out? shane looked better than his mid 20 years and at 37 that just does not happenwithout the use of hgh. after the fight barry bonds had to text him like
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom