09 Boxing Thread:: 12/12 Diaz.vs.Malignaggi HBO/Bradley.vs.Peterson Showtime

Sugar Shane!
pimp.gif

Jack Mosley reported on a HBO Link...

http://www.hbo.com/boxing...ley/columns/weigh_in.html

The senior Mosley says what the public doesn't know is that Sugar Shane recently had surgery to remove scar tissue from his nasal passages that wasallowing only 60 per cent of his oxygen.

"He found this out after the Cotto fight and had the scar tissue removed. He's getting 100 per cent oxygen now. That's going to play into having alot of energy. People don't know that and they think he's going to get tired because he's been looking sluggish in a lot of his fights. But if hehad been getting 100 percent oxygen, he probably would have knocked Cotto out in five rounds. And if he fights Cotto again, he WILL knock him out in fiverounds."

laugh.gif

I'm just happy someone with some skill not named Paul Williams stood in there and actually thwarted Tonio's usual output with more offense.

I told yall Shane aint no boxer. The boy gonna fight.
Wasn't no stick n move, he stayed around to capitalize on them flurries instead moonwalkin outta there like cotto.

And them right hooks to the body were #+@#*% vicious. MY GOD

what happened to
"u can't hit Tonio to the body" Pssshhttttt
smh.gif

Richardson
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I've watched the fight 3 times already

i just woke up on sunday morning and rewound my pvr. for his age to have that kinda hand speed is illegal.

if berto wants to fight a guy like shane he dam well better work on that head movement and better footwork. where was his head movement against collazo? luisjust didn't take enough advantage of the lack of it but a guy like shane how long are u gonna keep a stiff neck and eat those crisp rights? shane is also asmarter fighter than luis he'd make berto pay for his mistakes. hes still a work in progress but the boy is good, he'll put a stop to a lotta questionsby beating an elite established fighter like shane.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

what happened to
"u can't hit Tonio to the body" Pssshhttttt
smh.gif

Richardson
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I've watched the fight 3 times already
Brother Nazim gave him the best strategy... keep the fight in close so Tonio cant use the reach... and work the body to tire him down. Props toShane
pimp.gif

Wow, I was shocked, I WANTED Shane to win, I just didn't think that he'd whoop him like that.

Good for Shane, Naazim must have given dude a new life,
laugh.gif

Im cracking up somebody brought up "Today's Special " I think Brother Nazim was the difference look at the way he talked in the corner and gaveinstruction to Shane ,Jack Mosley was way to calm when he used to be in Shanes corner . Shane executed perfectly i dont think the gloves would have hadanything to do with it tonight Tonio wasnt in the fight in the first place look off all night but he took his beating like a man . Get him a couple of easierfights and let him work out some kinks in his game and he should be back . Shane should fight Cotto next though the first fight was good and the rematch shouldbe too .Depending on how Miguel looks against Jennings but I think he will be fine .

im watching this %!%* again.

-im not sure if i can even give the slowman one round in this whole fight. he look out of hit head wise in the 1st round

-did he even back mosley up once with a punch?

-real talk in the last few years this is one of the best game plan by trainer and fighter, Bhop VS Pavilk is one and Floyd VS fatman is another one.

-im ask again mosley still got that speed or is margarito THAT SLOW, cause he look slower then the paul williams fight

Im over here at LAX right now still in shock.

This +%%# just shook up the whole welterweight division. This fool 'Tonio didn't even get off.
Shane was just racking up combo's like it was a game of Killer Instinct

Sugar Shane
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

im watching this %!%* again.

-im not sure if i can even give the slowman one round in this whole fight. he look out of hit head wise in the 1st round

-did he even back mosley up once with a punch?

-real talk in the last few years this is one of the best game plan by trainer and fighter, Bhop VS Pavilk is one and Floyd VS fatman is another one.

-im ask again mosley still got that speed or is margarito THAT SLOW, cause he look slower then the paul williams fight
I think that Mosley has the perfect game-plan. He didn't allow Margarito to even have a chance to attack him. His defense was brilliant, pickand pop, get the hell out of the way. Circle around the ring, make sure you don't get caught on the ropes. Mosley was just that fast as-well. I don'tknow how well Mosley would do against Cotto again, but I'd be intrigued to see a rematch there.

And no, Margarito didn't even get close to win ANY round.

As for the trainer/fighter plan, I think Floyd's defense won him that fight clearly, and it wasn't so much a trainer/fighter gameplan as it was withBernard and Mosley. Looking back on given fighters previous fights, I saw a different Shane last night IMO.

I just came back to say that it was beautiful how Shane neutralized Margarito's uppercut
pimp.gif

Margarito's a tough SOB but everyone knows how to beat him but they usually succumb to his pressure. Shane didn't fold and fought smart the entirefight. Its the exact opposite of what Cotto did. Cotto tried to fight from the outside, when he shoulda been in the center of the ring [nazimrichardson]investing to the body[/nazim richardson].

getting 3.5 to 1 on mosley and betting $300 on him FTW!!

i said it earlier! go to the body shane! thank you for making me some cash!

I watched it again last night pretty drunk and woke my mom up yelling at the TV
laugh.gif

Gotta give Mosley his props again son gave Margarito an +%% whooping he'll never forget.

Gotta shake my head at Margarito again for the plaster...and no one should be taking anything away from Shane or talk about steroids or w/e.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Two great fights to start off the year in the 147 lb division

any post fight press conference links floaatin around??
I'm interested in hearing it.
I hear Maragarito's camp is sayin he had no energy and I DEF. need to hear the explain the plaster of paris

All I've read/seen so far was Rafael's column on the press conference, trainers said it was frustrating and stuff and Margs said he felt OK he justkept getting caught over and over again.

Not to give him any excuses but he looked really drained like he was still recovering from the Cotto fight but I'd love to hear what his camp has to hasabout the plaster. I still got faith in him but there's no more Kermit Cintron to break in half and bounce back
laugh.gif

Looking forward to Katsidis/Ramirez should be a slugfest.

They were giving it to me at the bar last night
laugh.gif
doing the Willie Jones "YOUR BOY GOT KNOCKED THE *+#$ OUT!!!!"

roll.gif

aye I'm late but
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

YES!!!!
This was worth missing my friend's wedding (who's also a fellow Mosley fan)
embarassed.gif
(made it to the reception though)

This fight was free in our local PI network and not to mention live too.. 11am Sunday morning PI time...... i was drinking like 5 cups of cappucino.. socappucino + Mosley kickin !*% = me losing my voice, hella hyper, etc
laugh.gif
I mentioned during the pre-fight discussion that Shane SHOULDN'T fight and just box and keep his distance... eh, good thing I'm no coach
laugh.gif

If you guys got facebook, add shane right here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1424576&id=581433411&ref=mf#/profile.php?id=1446850799&ref=tshttp://www.facebook.com/p...?id=1446850799&ref=ts add me up as well, i go like 2 or 3 comments in a row in his page
laugh.gif

Can we get that Cotto re-match now?
pimp.gif

Oh if you guys were wondering where DLH was... he was at the Affliction fight at the Honda Center promoting Fedor vs Arlovski.. yep, they showed this fightat our network immediately after Mosley Margarito

I aint seen Dako all nite where he at
nerd.gif
got no internet at home
embarassed.gif
Thats why all mypost-fight comments are always like a day after... because i only post when i'm at work
Looking forward to Katsidis/Ramirez should be a slugfest.
ima try to go to this fight... but Cebu Colliseum is soooo ghetto. no parking, hella pick-pocketers
laugh.gif
, and it smells like urine in the arena... typical 3rd world country ghetto #*$arena
laugh.gif

What do you guys think of this scenario?

Mosley vs Cotto rematch
Punisher vs Marg rematch

then the winners fight each other?

winner of that fights the winner of Floyd vs Manny (If Manny beats Hatton 1st)

and i like Berto too... but I don't think he's ready to take on those next caliber fighters yet.

(i remember someone posting something this similar scenario previously, forgot who.. proshare was it? ... could be the exact same scenario!?!)

I'm really not interested in seein tonio vs punisher I'd rather see williams vs cotto/mosley/berto/pbf

I just don't think shane beats anyother top notch 147 as bad as he beat Tonio not even Berto.
That stand still/slow foot and handspeed was taylor made for Shane

They said Margarito stayed the night in the hospital.

That's two straight fights where he took incredible amount of power head shots.
smh.gif

All bad. I hope he doesn't suffer bigger problems down the way

Back
Top Bottom