'09 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON THREAD-recruiting/Coaching Changes/Transfers

Originally Posted by dreClark

This is information direct from a legitimate source who was at FNL.

Ferguson was very unimpressive, and was getting manhandled by quality linemen. Ian Silberman especially had his way with Ferguson.

If it was Silberman or Chaz doing most of the damage to Ego then that's a different story. Heard that shut down everybody at FNL, including pancaking Nix.Most gator insiders believe Orr and Silberman are the two of the biggest sleepers in this years class so far. But if Ego was getting manhandled by everybodythen
tired.gif

"You could tell he got a lot of his offers off of beating up 100 pound white guys on the field up in Maryland."

laugh.gif
ohwell.gif

-After FNL he told a mod on our site that he was going to commit to Florida in a meeting on Saturday.
-Around that same time Neiron Ball told our mods he would likely commit to the coaches.
-About 24 hours later we get word that recruiting is being slowed down and the coaches will evaluate Monday with a meeting where the recruiting board will be adjusted.
-We hear nothing from Ball or Easley, even though they told our mods they would commit on Saturday.
-Monday morning Easley said he hasn't committed to UF "yet".
-Monday night Ball commits to UF and Easley said things have changed and he is looking around.

I turst Urban and co but Easley's gonna be a good one. Myabe this means good things about JR Ferguson? I have no idea though.

You are 100% correct. There are actually two DTs ahead of Easley that, I'm assuming, the coaches feel we have a very good chance with - Ferguson and Floyd.Both are suprising considering we haven't been recruiting Ferguson that hard, if at all until recently. And Floyd would be even more suprising consideringhe didn't even mention us in his top 5 just last month. We have been recruiting Sharrif very hard though for several months so maybe we made a bigimpression at FNL. From what I've heard, Urban, Charlie, and McCarney gave Floyd a lot of 1-1 time at FNL. I would like to think the Easleysituation is because of him but not sure since no news has come out regarding Floyd.
grin.gif

Good news on Cody.

Markeith to the Vols, congrats.

Are y'all recruiting Easley for DE or DT?

And Ego has made no qualms about the fact that he has no interest in playing DT. Eventhough he's 3-Tech DT sized already.

Silberman is an animal. Add in the fact that UF probbaly has him on their training regiment (well as much as they can, giving him a plan to follow) already andhe's gonna be
sick.gif
when he steps foot on campus.

And I see that UF just offered 2011 DB Nick Waisome. Is this true?

Are y'all recruiting Easley for DE or DT?
And Ego has made no qualms about the fact that he has no interest in playing DT. Eventhough he's 3-Tech DT sized already.
Easley for DT, so Ego at DT too. But
grin.gif
at that news on Ego.We have a lot of ground to catch up on with psu for Floyd. Nobody seems to have much info on who the DT is that caused us to no Easley.
eyes.gif

Silberman is an animal. Add in the fact that UF probbaly has him on their training regiment (well as much as they can, giving him a plan to follow) already and he's gonna be
sick.gif
when he steps foot on campus.
Yep, he hasn't even come close to filling out yet. Only at about 250 now.
pimp.gif

And I see that UF just offered 2011 DB Nick Waisome. Is this true?

Yes
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Scroggins were to committ to tennessee, Stone, Ambles and Matt Milton a 6-5 Wr out of Ill. would immediately jump aboard and commit to UTk

roll.gif

1. Scroggins will go to USC
2. Ambles don't wear Adidas gear, so that's a no.

lulz

Originally Posted by lowslows

July 25, 2009
http://active.macromedia....lash.cab#version=6,0,0,0 height=60 width=620 classid=clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000> http://vmedia.rivals.com/...tColor=000000&sLink= WIDTH=620 HEIGHT=60 SALIGN=lt QUALITY=best SCALE=noborder wmode=transparent ID=rvflash NAME=rvflash BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF allowscriptaccess=always TYPE=application/x-shockwave-flash PLUGINSPAGE=http://www.macromedia.com...rsion=ShockwaveFlash>
Matt Shodell
CaneSport.com Managing Editor

Talk about it in The Storm Center
Never miss breaking news on Miami sports and recruiting. Sign-up for CaneSport.com Wireless Text Alerts sent right to your cell phone!

[table][tr][td]
TAVADISGLENN10_24200A.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]Jacksonsville (FL) Terry Parker High School OL Tavadis Glenn is a Hurricane commitment.

But he hadn't attended many camps and says he decided "at the last minute" to attend the University of Florida's Friday Night Lights camp July 24.

"I hadn't attended that many camps - I just wanted to show my face, show what I can do," Glenn said.

But the camp ended prematurely for Glenn.

"It was during one on one drills - I threw up the U," Glenn said. "My coach was in the stands and he's a Hurricane fan. He was egging me on.

"Then the Florida Gators (coaches), they came up - they got mad, said I couldn't participate. They said it's not a Miami Hurricane camp.

"I was just like, `Huh, are you all serious?' And I just walked off the field. The guys I know that were there were saying `Why'd they kick you off?'"

Glenn says he "was upset at first, but I realized this is a business. I don't plan on going to Florida, don't even plan on taking any visit there. I'm solid on Miami. So I'm not even worried about it.

"If we play them I'm going to make them pay."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

LMAO

Peep the end of the vid.

edit

In other news, word around Tallahassee is that Fred Rouse a.k.a Freddy P has turned his life around for the better. He has dedicated himself to the church andthe lord, and is on the right path. He's also busting his $+%, working out getting ready for the upcoming football season. No more 'Freddy P/ FunkyFred' just plain ole' Frederick Rouse. Supposed to play ball down at Texas Southern.

I, for one, hope its true.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

If Scroggins were to committ to tennessee, Stone, Ambles and Matt Milton a 6-5 Wr out of Ill. would immediately jump aboard and commit to UTk

roll.gif

1. Scroggins will go to USC
2. Ambles don't wear Adidas gear, so that's a no.

lulz

lol kyrk

Originally Posted by gatorb807

Rouse.......hope dude pulls it together.......he has all the talent in the world
speaking of that name

my boy Fred Rouse still at UTEP?

%**@!@ was calling him Randy Moss JR

EDIT:

i need to learn how to read
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by DLo13

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

EDIT:

i need to learn how to read
embarassed.gif
We've been telling you that, dumb $*#.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BTW Gregg Williams' son Chase committed to us a couple days ago. He's currently a 3* LB rated at 5.7 and number 11 at his position by Rivals. I read arecent article about him where it said he's put on like 25 lbs of muscle or something in this past offseason without losing any speed. 6'3, 240, sayshe runs a 4.6.

Apparently he's been around NFL stuff his whole life with his dad's coaching career, and even participated in minicamps last year, sitting in on allthe film sessions and studying the playbooks etc. Seems to be a real student of the game and have a great football mind. Hopefully he will translate to thenext level. His only other major offers were Miami and WVU but I'm sure with the added size he might get a bump in the rankings soon.

Desmond Briscoe, questions about his eligibility this year?
Was academically ineligible in the spring... Hasn't been reinstated yet.

July 29, 2009
[h1]Nation's top prospects to compete at Top Gun[/h1]
Barton Simmons
Rivals.com Football Recruiting
MORE:
free_video.gif
Top Gun: Inside the 2008 event | Rivals.com Scouting the Nation

The summer months are long and busy for college football prospects and those trying to get a handle on them. Weekends and week days are packed with 7-on-7 events, camps, combines and workouts, all with varying depth of skill and competition levels. With the end of summer approaching and the fall season on the horizon, the camp circuit is winding down.

[table][tr][td]
LACHESEASTRUNKTG08200A.JPG
[/td] [td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Five-star RB Lache Seastrunk is back to compete at the Top Gun camp again this year.[/td] [/tr][/table]Fortunately there is one more event of the summer that puts a huge exclamation point on the camp season. In Paisley, Fla., at the All-Star Sports Training Complex, the second annual Football University Top Gun camp will be taking place.

At last year's camp in the same location, some of the top player in the nation emerged as it became a who's who of five-star prospects. Players like Bryce Brown, Christine Michael, Randall Carroll and Logan Thomas cemented themselves as some of truly elite prospects in the nation.

This year's roster looks as though it will rival the class of 2009 with star-studded talent to spare planning on making an appearance in Florida.

Leading the way in this year's crop of Top Gun talent are five-stars J.R. Ferguson, Sharrif Floyd, Ronald Powell, and Lache Seastrunk. As if five-stars aren't enough to headline the event, there will be plenty of four-stars gunning for that last star as well.

Wide receiver Trovon Reed has already been knocking on the door of five-star status, as has four-star athlete Keenan Allen. Sean Parker, Silas Redd, Eric Reid and Robert Crisp are among the other 18 Rivals100 prospects that will be in attendance.

A remarkable 25 four-star athletes at both the skill and lineman positions will be in the Florida setting competing in position drills, one-on-ones and position specific work for three days. The group is not limited to the class of 2010 either. Some of the top national recruits of next year will also be in working out.

La'El Collins a 2011 offensive tackle out of Baton Rouge (La.) Redemptorist already holds offers from Florida, LSU, Oklahoma State and Tennessee. Running backs Malcolm Brown and Aaron Green hold offers from Oklahoma, Texas A&M and others with the rest of the nation soon to follow. Kasen Williams, a wide receiver out of Washington will also be making the cross-country trek. All of them are considered among the nation's best in the class of 2011 and all of them will be making a name for themselves with the best of this year's senior class.

Throughout the event, Rivals.com will be fully staffed to bring coverage of the event with player updates, daily Hot 11s, video highlights and notebooks. With the football season just a matter of weeks away, the event is as good as it's going to get before the pads are strapped on.

Vandy just got WR Bradley Roby from GA over WVU, Auburn, Miss, So. Carolina & Wake.

CBJ is going in on the recruiting trail this year. Look what a winning season could do for a team's recruiting.

Back
Top Bottom