'09 Huarache vs. Hyperdunk

I have been trying to find a good shoe to ball in recently, and I came to the decision, that I wanted to grab one of these to play in. I was wondering, ifanyone had a suggestion on which one they would pick out of these 2.
ZAH901.jpg
ZAH902.jpg
VS
NHD013.jpg
NHD011.jpg

(For ballin' purposes, these are the likely colorways that I would consider getting.)

As far as the shoes go, I know that the Hyperdunk is lighter, but also wears out after about 10 or so hard games, from what I have been reading. I also readthat the '09 Huarache is an overall good performer, but I have not heard anything really to sway me in which one I should cop. I would like to hear whatthe fellow NTers have to say about this.

EDIT: I also would be doing indoor/outdoor ballin, so which one would fell good, perform well, and withstand the outdoor usage would be great as well.

i said this in a bunch of thread already, you cannot go wrong with huaraches and the 09s do not disappoint. hyperdunks, however, do disappoint. 09s > HDs.

Yea, I have seen threads talking about each shoe, I just had never seen one thread really comparing the 2 against each other.

Now I guess, the question would be....which colorway to go with for the '09s. I have enough red/black so that is why that colorway is out. I really likethe white/black/silver, but the blacks would look better with everything overall. I don't try to match exactly on the court, I just don't wanna lookcompletely off, if that makes sense....lol

you can't ask me about colorways, i'll always choose black because i mess up my whites lol. but the hottest colorway i've seen is the black/white(tb?) that's been seen throughout the nba.

2k9.jpg
2k95.jpg

I have played in both quite a bit. I had 2 pairs of Hyperdunks and I have 1 pair of Huaraches. I only play in the huaraches now. In my opinion I like them morebecause
More comfortable- They feel softer then the Hyperdunks but more responsive with the zoom air.The inner boot is way more comfy then the collar of hyperdunks
The weight really isnt that much of a difference
Traction is better in the huaraches
I feel more "stable" in huaraches. With the hyperdunks I felt like with the notch cut out on the sole I was running on the outsides of my feet. Withthe huaraches the sole is flat to the floor

i have the 08 and hyperdunks...

the huarache 08 have better grip, and are more responsive

hyperdunks softer/more cushioned ride (before the cushion breaks down), better fit , better ankle support..

i would give the edge to the 08, because they seem to be more resilient!!

how do the huarache 09s compare to bb1's? sorry to thread jack but both of these shoes have been catchin my eye lately. Oh and ill be using the shoes forindoor purposes

imo you should go with the huarache 09's. i have a pair of hyperdunks and there very light but not too comfortable.
plus, when i take em off my feet hurt like a b*tch.

Originally Posted by ucantcheckme3jdj

black/white huarache is nice, can't find it anywhere though, any word on if its a tb or when it will release?

The only thing close to those I have seen are the Tony Parker PE here on Marqueesole.

P_160_1_Huarache-09-TP-1i.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback. I went ahead and copped the White/silver/black '09s. May go back for another pair if I really like them.

anyone care to compare the h2k8 and h2k9 for me?

like is it basically the same sole setup with a different upper? or have they made any improvements?

'cause.. i prefer balling in the flight huarache to balling in the AJ7. so.. do i go for 09s or try to find cheap 08s? that is the question.

^ imo the 08 and 09 are identical except the 09 has a slightly better ankle support.

coming back to this thread makes me want the huracahe 09s but i gotta wait for the price to go down haha

Back
Top Bottom